‹ Prequel: Can You Love Me?
Sequel: Iris
Status: Slow and Steady for now

I Don't Care If You're Contagious

Bestios

By the time we all got back to the bus, Natalie and I were completely wasted. It wasn’t an abnormal thing for us we were just really emotional when were drunk at all. Still, I think I was the worst. Natalie never said much even if she was drunk but she was really annoying when she did talk. When I sat down on the red leather seat, the first thing I did was start crying right next to Jaime. I saw everyone look at me like I was crazy except Natalie. She just looked bored. Everything in my eyes were blurry and I was trying my hardest not to cry. Being drunk really brought out your deepest, darkest, most hidden and secret thoughts that you thought of once and never wanted to think of again. Especially not say them out loud to your most favorite people in the whole world. But you did. Because that’s what being wasted did to you. “Um, why is she crying?” I heard Jaime ask going to touch my arm but I slapped his hand away and he looked at Natalie.
“She’s an emotional drunk.” Said Natalie.
“Then why did you let her drink?” Tony asked not being hostile but more concerned. Nat shrugged.
“I don’t know. I just like seeing the Red-my bad-Strawberry Blond Queen cry for once.” She said smugly and I looked up barely able to see her face but I could tell she was smirking. Okay, correction, Natalie was a mean drunk.
“Shut up Natalie!” I said trying not to hiccup.
“Why? You know it’s true! You’ve just been acting differently because you like-” She started yelling but cut herself off. “Nevermind. I’m not getting in an argument with you tonight too. we’ll get in plenty tomorrow.” She said crossing her arms over her chest.
“I hate you! I hate mom. I hate dad. I really hate Arianna and Myka!” I yelled at her. Those thoughts were bubbling back to the surface of my brain and they were about to escape through my mouth. Not good. Not good at all. “Who am I kidding?! I go on everyday acting like everyone likes me but I know they don’t! The majority of people hate me! My boyfriend abused me for three years because he hated me and he still does! Amber probably hates me! You hate me! Everyone on this bus probably hates me!” I said tears still coming out of my eyes. “For years we’ve all been the effed up kids from the family that reminded everyone of the Amityville Horror just with abuse instead!” I screamed at her and I seen everyone looking at me.
“Abuse?” I heard Mike ask. I saw Natalie looking at me with a face that just oozed hate and that face alone told me that she was gonna tell mom and dad what’d I’d said just to get them off her back. A face that only someone with a stone cold heart could give you.
“Mom and dad told us all not to tell.” Natalie said quietly.
“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to. I don’t know what’s wrong with me.” I said putting my head in my small, soft hands. “I-I please don’t tell them I said that. They’ll start beating me. I’ve avoided it for so many years and after Jonathan I can’t- they can’t-” I wash cut short by Natalie.
“Well I’m certainly not letting them beat me because of you. You saw what they done to Ari and Myka!” Nat screamed at me.
“HEY!” I heard Vic yell. For such a small dude he could yell pretty loudly. Natalie and I shut up immediately. “What’s going on?” He asked getting calm again. “Someone needs to spill before I walk into your house with you and ask your parents myself.” He said. And I could tell he was serious. I looked to Nat and she sighed and nodded at me.
“Well, when we were born our parents had already had one of our brothers and then she’d had Arianna and Myka who were only a few months older than us. Then we came and then our little brother. Natalie and I apparently never got on mom or dads nerves. The other kids though, mom and dad hated them. They would beat our brothers and sisters literally until they bled. Beat them with belt and sometime get branches off our rose bush and line them all up at once and beat them. They have scars all over them. That’s why most of them have some personality disorder they just never show it. Mom and dad never beat us though. Well, at least not nearly as often as they did the others. Sometime when they were all outside and mom and dad were fighting they would take me and Natalie and say since we were twins we should have matching scars. They would beat us only about once or twice a year which wasn’t too bad but when they were actually doing it they made sure we got it even worse than our siblings did. No matter what we tried doing therapy, helping each other out, hanging out with friends, we were always so scared that when mom or dad saw us they’d just snap on one or both of us and almost kill us. We always had reason to fear and sometimes it actually happened when we got home or came out of our rooms. Right now, I’m still scared because mom and dad may think we’ve been out too long or that we’re out doing drugs or something. They’re insane and they’d have no problem beating us.” I said and everyone looked at us their mouths hanging wide open. No that wasn’t the full truth. Natalie and I knew we were going to get beat when we got home. That’s why I broke down when we got on the bus from the club. Before we’d left they’d told us if we weren’t back by a time that they liked then they’d beat us until and even after we started bleeding. I knew that they’d been wanting to get it out since our older brother had moved and they weren’t content with out younger who held in all his screams. No, they knew that we’d bleed and squeal and cry and scream for help but since we had no neighbors close to us no one would hear us and they’d beat us all night. I was snapped back to the problem at hand when I heard Vic start talking. “And you guys haven’t called anyone?” Vic asked.
“No we can’t they check all our phone call through the computer and if they saw on there that we’d called the police they’d lock us in our rooms and say that we were gone from the house.” I said back to Vic feeling numb. The full feeling of what was about to happen to me had just settled in at the pit of my stomach and I felt horrible now. I wasn’t expecting them to rescue me like they were supposed to be some sort of our hero’s. I wasn’t expecting that at all but that’s what happened.

“This is what’s gonna happen.” I heard Jaime say. “When you go in there immediately go to your rooms, if you can sneak in it’d make this plan a lot easier. When you get in immediately pack your stuff and come back out here. We’ll wait for you guys and let you crash here for a while. Just until you can find your own place or something.” Jaime said and looked at everyone. At first I thought that they would all protest but then I seen Tony and Mike nod. Then Vic nodded finalizing the plan. “Do you think they’d cal the cops if they found you guys missing?” Jaime asked and then I scowled. That was another problem. Then a light bulb went off in my head.
“I can have Amber call them and tell them that we moved and got our stuff already. Then they can’t call the police because we wouldn’t be missing!” I said smiling widely and feeling proud of myself. Vic clapped his hands together.
“It’s a plan then!” He said and I saw Natalie smiling. Really smiling not that fake smile she put on when she said no to a ugly guy that’d asked her out a genuine happy smile and that alone made me smile the same way.
“Are you guys sure? You just met us today and you barely even know us.” I said and they all huffed.
“Like we care. As long as you aren’t serial killers we don’t mind you staying here for a while. We have 2 free bunks anyways.” Vic said.
“Alright then. We’ll get out stuff and be out in a few minutes. And we can sneak in. Natalie and I have been sneaking around our parents for the past 17 years. I think we’re pretty good at it by now.” I said and prepared myself for the ‘kidnapping’ of a lifetime.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright chapter 3! Sorry it's going a little slow but I'm just pretty busy lately! But I'm doing my best! Anyways here's chapter 3. I hope you enjoy and thanks for reading! Comment and tell me what you think! Thanks!