Status: In-progress sequal to the pilot. If you want to read this, check the pilot first.

Dysfunctional Team: Season 1

Weightless PT 2

Killshot approach the console to open the door, with Skywarp and Dead End in tow. Skywarp was looking antsy while Dead End was still reading his datapad. Skywarp took note of this. "Hey, Sunshine, what are you reading?" Skywarp asked him, using his nickname.

"'An Infinite Regression' by The Mourner," Dead End replied without looking up from his datapad.

"The Mourner," Killshot echoed from the console as he pressed the button to open the door. "Isn't he some writer or something like that? I remember my creator talking about him before."

"Yes, he was," he replied, putting emphasize on was. "He was killed in a bombing a little before the war started. This was his final work before he perished." He looked up from his datapad at Killshot. "How do you know him?" he asked, slight interest coming from his voice. "He was an obscure writer. Very few knew him."

"My creator was a literature and language professor," Killshot replied. "He always had some new author for me to look at every week. Insisted I read them and check them out. However, my interest in art forms, as you can probably guess, lies in music. He was strict, but he'd meant well." Killshot said, a slight happiness in his voice.

By this time, the door had open and the ramp was down, showing the outside world. The place was covered in a light fog. A lot of the ground was floating in the air, leaving specks of dirt clouding their vision. In some cases, large islands of dirt were floating in the air, all pack together as one. There was long vegetation poking out every now and then, looking like they were trying to escape the ground. The three looked around at the area, taking it in. It was a beautiful place to look at.

"Well, I'm going to jet. Later," Skywarp said. With that, he jumped out of the door and transformed out of there, leaving the two behind. The two watch him fly off, before looking at the ground before them.

"The ship's gravity generator will keep us grounded until we leave it," Dead End pointed out.

"Yeah, I got a question before we step off this ship and float: why are you going out here?" Killshot asked, keeping his hand on the side of the door. Dead End gave him a questioning look. "I mean, this place is more like a place to have fun than a mission. I just don't get it." Dead End looked at him silently for a couple of seconds before giving a answer.

"Inspiration."

"Huh?" he ask, a little disbelieving.

"I'm looking for inspiration to write some poetry. I've already wrote hundreds about the horrors of war. I thought I might try something new," hr answer, his shoulders slouch and his grim look even grimmer somehow.

"You hated this war, didn't you," Killshot pointed out, showing some insight into Dead End's situation.

"I still do. It has left nothing but death and destruction wherever it goes," Dead End said, looking a little tired. "I'm hoping that visiting some of these planets can help me write some more… uplifting stuff." Dead End said, a slight bit of hope in his voice.

"So, a emo like you is going to write sappy, sentimental stuff?" Killshot asked, a bit of doubt in his voice.

"Basically, yes."

"Wow, my creator would've love you." Killshot muttered.

"You know, there's one thing I've noticed about this conversation," Dead End said. "You've always use the past tense when talking about your creator." Killshot stay silent about that. "He's dead, isn't he?"

"Look, I don't want to talk about it. Most of our creators are dead, so it's nothing special. I just, didn't see his death coming. Come on, let's find some inspiration for your poem," Killshot said, ignoring the question as he started jumped off the ship. As soon as he exits the door, he started floating. "Whoa!" Killshot exclaimed as he floated through the air. "So this is what it's like to float. It's pretty cool." He turned towards Dead End. "Hey man, come on! Inspiration is waiting for you!" he yelled at him.

Dead End looked at him floating before looking at the ground before him. He kept his arm on the door as he took his first step out of the door. He immediately noticed that it was a bit hard to keep his foot on the ground, due to the gravity. He hesitated. What if he lost control? What if he floated off and into space? "Hey, emo! Hurry up." Killshot yelled with joy in his voice, obviously enjoying himself as he swims around in the air. "Just take a jump and stop being depressing." Dead End thought about all the things that could go wrong if he do that. So many things, but maybe it was time to stop listening to that little voice in his head that says that everything will go bad. What could go wrong with having some fun?

Dead End took a leap.

He immediately floated through the air. He felt light, like he barely weight a thing. He took a look at the ground below him, noticing he was getting farther away from it. He looked around the area. The fog gave the place a sense of mystery, leaving him a bit unease. Could be monsters in there… No! Shut up! Dead End mentally yell at himself. He immediately went back to thinking about the joy he felt when floating. It felt ethereal to float like this. He looked Killshot, who was giving him a wicked grin. "So, have you got any inspiration yet?" he asked. Dead End thought it over before answering.

"I think I have a title," Dead End said, his voice showing no emotion.

"What?" Killshot asked, interested.

"Weightless."

XXX

Misfire and Shockwave were walking down the halls towards the exit of the ship, one not talking and the other unable to keep his mouth shut. "…don't see why some people bash my movies. I mean, did you ever see one of my movies. Oh, who am I kidding? Of course you did. My acting was fragging phenomenal. I won multiple awards. I was fragging rich. Oh, and don't get me started on the amount of magazines I was on. I was on the front page of Cybertron daily news over a hundred times. People just couldn't get enough of my handsome face."

"And look at yourself now," Shockwave cut in. A frown came upon Misfire's face and he looked a lot more depress. His shoulders sank, his wings droop down, and his step was a lot slower.

"Yeah, look at me now. Instead of looking like one of the dashing hero in a story, I now look like some generic villain for the heroes to fight. I can never be the good guy, now," Misfire complains.

"You don't have high moral standards," Shockwave pointed out. "Drug use, multiple affairs, and accidently killing several of your comrades. Not exactly a good influence."

"Hey, that last one was not my fault," Misfire disagreed. "I was just following my orders. I never meant for anyone of my teammates to get killed."

"No, you follow your orders. It was just your incompetence that got them killed," Shockwave replied.

"Hey, I was just following Blackout's order. Personally, I thought he was a moron for telling me to use the machine gun, but who was I to question him. Triggerhappy was dead and Slugslinger was too busy to use it. That left only Makeshift, who disappeared for some odd reason, Blackout, a K class, and the vehicons, who are almost as bad as me when it comes to guns. Honestly it was all just so wrong…" Misfire finished quietly, his steps getting even slower.

"How was Triggerhappy killed?" Shockwave asked., his voice and stance not changing.

"Some sniper managed to shoot him in the head. When the shot hit, their wasn't a head left to recover. It just… exploded," Misfire said, softly, obviously a little shaken by the experience.

"And Slugslinger was killed by your hands." Shockwave said, not questioned.

"Yeah. Don't know when, but it was definitely by my hands. According to the medics on the field, he was shot about 10 times, one of which hit his spark chamber and killed him, along with most of the vehicons there.." Misfire chuckle a bit at that. "Why is it that the person that I wasn't aiming for dies and the one I am aiming for doesn't die."

"It's irony," Shockwave said.

"Yeah. I save everybody in the movies, but can't save a single fragging life in the real world." Misfire laugh bitterly at that. "Life just loves irony like that. I lost a lot of people I cared about that day." Misfire said mournfully, stopping in his steps. Shockwave kept on walking. "You know, you go on ahead. I'll spread my wings on the next world. I'm in a bad mood right now." Shockwave didn't answered, and Misfire didn't mind. He just turned the other way and walk back to the Science lab.

Perhaps some highly questionable substances could lighten his mood?