Sequel: My Forever Girl

Lost, Then Found

Ch. Nineteen

Shianne’s P.O.V.

Although everyone was really nice here I was beginning to become homesick. Crazy right, I’ve only been here a couple of days and I was already missing New York. Even if I decided to go back, what would I go back to? I wouldn’t have a job due to the terrorist attack on our country. Sure, I could probably find a different job, but I’d always be remembered of that day, the day I could have died, the day I’m sure killed most of my coworkers. I was too terrified to call back home and see who had survived and who didn’t. I doubt the families of those individuals would appreciate it if I did call, it would be like a slap in the face to remind them that their loved one was gone, if that was the case.

Though I pretended to be strong for Kim’s sake I was really torn inside. We were in a life changing situation and she’s moved on as if it hadn’t happened. Whether if that’s her way of coping or not she hadn’t even asked me how I felt about it, not that I could blame her.

I thought about taking a bus out of here and figuring out what I would do when I got back. I decided to go for a walk down to the beach instead because I knew Kim would be so upset if I would have just up and left. I would have felt bad leaving her after she traveled all the way back to New York to make sure I was ok. It almost felt like it was my fault. It seems like Kim had a new family here that loved her and was worried about her while she was away. She wouldn’t have come back if it wasn’t for me. She wouldn’t have been in the WTC if it wasn’t for me. If she would have died, how would I have lived with myself?

I came across a sign that read Second Beach, though I was confused because I didn’t see a beach anywhere. I parked the car and walked up to the sign. A mile and a half hike to the beach, you got to be kidding me. The sun was starting to go down, and I knew it would soon be pitch black in those woods. I had seen too many horror films to think that it was a good idea to walk in those woods now. I could just picture what the headlines would probably say: New Girl in town found dead in the Woods near Second Beach.

I don’t know if it was the adventurous side in me, or the stupid side taking over, but I decided to grab a flashlight and go anyways. Needless to say every little sound had me practically jumping out of my skin. Kim is going to kill me when she finds out.

Either my mind was playing tricks on me, or there was someone following me. I’d like to believe that it was just my mind playing tricks on me, but the cracking of a twig confirmed my assumption. Like all the other dumb characters in a horror movie I stopped and turned around slowly. Two glowing eyes were staring back at me. The creature was the size of a bear, but it looked like a wolf.

I was fine with it standing there. I hoped it was just curious as to what I was, and as soon as it figured it out it would run away. Wishful thinking, the huge wolf started walking towards me at a slow and steady pace. This was it; I survived the terrorist attack only to die weeks later by a huge wolf.

Our Father, which art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy Kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth, as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, As we forgive them who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil. For thine is the Kingdom, The power, and the glory, Forever and ever. Amen. I whispered the Lord’s Prayer holding my cross necklace as I slowly moved backwards. I didn’t know where doing either of the two would get me, but it was my last hope.

The last thing I remember was moving back while the wolf kept up its steady pace towards me. My foot must have got caught on a root from one of the huge trees; all I know is that I blacked out up until I felt my skin burning. My eyes flew open to reveal a huge naked man carrying me. The wind blew my hair around as he carried me in his arms while he ran through the forest faster than anyone should have with it being dark and hard to see. I continued to stare at him as he weaved and bobbed through the trees.

Need I mind you he could have been some creep that prayed on innocent girls walking through the woods alone. He could be taking me back to his cabin, to do god knows what to me, but did I feel scared? No of course not, oddly enough I felt safe and secure looking up at him. What changed my life was when he looked down at me. Those warm brown eyes melted my heart. I now knew exactly how Kim felt about Jared.

Jared seemed like a nice enough guy, but I’d still always thought it strange how she talked about “loving” Jared when she knew nothing about the man. I was never the one to believe in love at first sight, but that’s what she described it as, when she looked at him for the first time she just knew he was the one. That was what I was feeling right now.

A little red house came into view. I was right; he was taking me back to his house. I was falling in love with a pervert. What is he going to do with me?

He entered the house and ran to a bedroom where he laid me down on a twin sized bed. My current situation was pushed to the side as he paced back and forth still naked. I had to admit I didn’t mind the view one bit. From the sexy bronze color of his skin, to his muscular arms that had carried me here, to the abs that I wouldn’t mind kissing, to his, well, you know.

Of course he had to catch me looking at him. My face burned as it turned red. He looked down at himself, and then rushed out of the door. When he returned back a few minutes later he was fully dressed in raggedy blue jeans and a black t-shirt that gave him that bad boy look, but his face said otherwise.

“Sorry.” The deep husky voice whispered. His voice sent chills down my spine that caused my body to shiver.

He must have noticed. “Are you cold?”

“A little.” I lied.

He picked up a large blanket with a wolf on it that previously lay at the end of the bed, and placed it over me.

“Better?” He asked. I nodded.

“What were you doing out in the woods?” He asked looking down at the ground.

“I wanted to go to the beach. I didn’t know there was a mile and a half walk through the woods involved.”

“If you wanted to go to the beach you should have went to First Beach. You don’t have to hike through the woods to get to that one. It was a stupid idea to venture into the woods alone at night.”

“Well, thanks for your concern, but I’m a big girl and I’m pretty sure I can do whatever the hell I want. I didn’t ask you to come to my aide.”

“I’m sorry. It’s just that the woods are a dangerous place, especially at night. A lot worse damage could have been done to you.”

“Are you talking about the huge wolf? Did you see it? Please don’t tell me I’m crazy and I’m making it up.”

He was speechless. “I know what it sounds like ok, but I know what I saw.”

“Um… No, you’re not crazy. I’m sure you did see a wolf out there. A lot of creatures live in the woods.”

‘Yeah, but this wolf was huge. It was the size of a bear.”

“I’m sure you were just scared and you’re over exaggerating the size.” I knew what I saw, but obviously he was sticking to his opinion, so I wasn’t going to continue to argue with him. Instead I decided to ask his name like I should have done from the start, back in the woods when he was carrying me.

“Do you have a name?”

He smiled which also sent a shiver done my spine. He had the most beautiful smile. His teeth were set just perfectly and they were extremely white. Did he eat tooth paste for breakfast, lunch, and dinner?

“Sorry, I probably should have introduced myself when you woke up. I’m Jacob Black.”
Jacob? Why did that name sound so familiar? He looked at me puzzled as I sifted through my memory. Kim! Kim’s Jacob.

“Are you the Jacob that knows Kim?”

“Um… Yeah, how do you know that?” He asked.

“I’m Shianne, Kim’s friend. I’m sure you’ve heard of me.”

He dug in his pocket and retrieved a cell phone, and walked out of the room without even saying a word. Did I say something wrong? I walked closer to the door and cracked it open a bit. I could hear his voice coming from somewhere down the hallway.

“Paul, I need you to go over to Kim’s house and get her over here.”

Silence

“I found her friend in the woods.”

Silence

“I don’t know; just get Kim and Jared over here.”

Silence

“Because it’s the start of your patrol anyways. Just go!”

Click

I heard the thud of his heavy footsteps coming back down the hall. I rushed back to the tiny bed and crawled underneath the covers.

Kim’s P.O.V.

“I wonder what Jacob needs us for.” I said as I looked down at Jared who was still using my belly for a pillow. He was not making an attempt to get up.

“He’s set out to ruin this moment, and I’m going to kill him for having Paul interrupt us.” He replied with a smile.

“I’m sure there’s a perfectly good excuse why he sent Paul, which means we need to get up and get dressed.”

Jared groaned. “But I don’t want to get up and go to school mommy.” He replied with his best attempt at a little boy voice.

I giggled. “Come on Jared. If you get up like a good little boy I’ll fix you French toast, eggs, and bacon before we head over to Jacob’s.”

I never saw him move so fast. He jumped off the bed, pulled his jeans on, and pulled his shirt on over his big head. He opened the door and rushed out to the kitchen where I heard him call out “I’m ready.”

I made my way to my dresser where I found some shorts and I tank top. When I came out of the bathroom I decided to bug Shianne to see if she wanted some breakfast.

“Hey Shianne I’m making fre…” Her bedroom was empty. I walked to the living room to peak out at the driveway where my car was nowhere in sight.

“What’s wrong baby girl?” Jared said as he came behind me and wrapped his arms around me as he placed a soft kiss on my cheek.

“Shianne isn’t in her room. My car isn’t in the driveway meaning she hasn’t come home from wherever she went last night. Jared I’m scared, she doesn’t know anyone here but us, where could she be?”

“I don’t know. Let’s get over to Jacob’s and get the guys out looking for her.”

When we arrived Jacob was standing out on the porch. I barely waited for the truck to come to a stop before I was racing up the front lawn to the porch.

“Jacob we need to find Shianne, she didn’t come home last night.”

“She’s fine Kim. She was out in the woods heading to Second Beach when I found her.”

“She was what?” I pushed Jake aside and walked through the house to Jake’s room where I found Shianne asleep on his bed.

“Wake up! What the hell were you doing out in the woods last night? Shianne it’s not safe out there at night.”

“I already heard this lecture from Jacob; I don’t need it from you too.” She replied rolling her eyes.

“I don’t give a damn if Jacob gave you a lecture or not, you’re going to hear it from me. Now what possessed you to go out in the woods?” I shouted barely noticing we had an audience.

“It was either that or catching a bus back home.” She shouted back.

“What? What do you mean?”

“You came back here and everything went back to normal for you. It’s so easy for you to move on from what happened to us, but it’s not for me. I had friends in that building that I don’t even know are alive anymore. Michael was a Police officer, I’m sure he was called to the scene, I don’t know whether he is alive or not.”

“I thought you said he broke up with you?” She gave me a disgusted look.

“Just because he broke up with me doesn’t mean I could just turn off my feelings for him, I still care about him.”

I walked over and sat beside her. “Your right, I’m sorry that was stupid for me to say. I didn’t bring it up because I didn’t think you wanted to talk about it. Honestly, I have nightmares about it every night, but I never say anything because during the day I get to escape the pain.”

“I’m sorry, I’m being really selfish.” She wiped the tears from her face.

“No, No, No. I was being the selfish one. I never asked you if you needed to talk about it. I was so excited to get back home, and when I did what did I do? I left you home alone to go to a party. I’m so sorry Shianne.” I replied wiping tears of my own.

“It’s ok. I was just beginning to feel like this is your life and that I didn’t really fit in it anymore. You have a brand new family out here.” She said as she looked around the room at Jared, Jacob, Seth, and Leah who I didn’t notice that had joined us until now.

“Yes, I’ve made new friends out here, but that doesn’t mean they could ever replace you. You’re my best friend.” Jacob snorted. “I thought I was her best friend.” He whispered, as Jared elbowed him in the side. “Shianne you know no one could ever replace you.” I finished. She smiled back and hugged me.

“I don’t want you to go, but if you really miss home and it’s really what you want to do I won’t stop you from going.” I replied.

“I’ve decided to stick around.” She replied with a bright smile across her face as her eyes beamed over my shoulder. I turned to find Jacob with the same foolish smile spread across his face. Jared and Leah just rolled their eyes.

“Ugh, when’s it going to be my turn?” Seth replied annoyed.

“Shut up Seth, you’re too young anyways.” Leah replied.

“Am not!”

“Are too.” They went back and forth all the way down the hall until the exited the house.

I grabbed Jacob by the ear and dragged him until we were out on the porch of his tiny house.

“Did you do what I think you did?” I asked.

“Yes Kim, I imprinted on Shianne.” He said still with the stupid smile on his face.

“Well stop it. Shianne doesn’t need to get into another relationship. She’s fragile right now and is trying to find her own way to cope with what happened to us.”

“Maybe I can help.” He replied.

“Or make it worse. Am I supposed to believe that you’re all of a sudden over the vampire lover? Shianne will not become your rebound chick.” I shot back.

“Kim, I won’t hurt Shianne, I can’t, just like Jared can’t hurt you.” He replied with those big brown puppy dog eyes. Too bad, they weren’t going to work on me.

“Save it Jacob, stay away from her!” I shouted.