‹ Prequel: Return to Monsters Inc
Status: Slow updating

Closet Doors

Chapter 2

Mary’s POV

I shakily stood from my spot at the table and ran to my room, slamming my door shut like a child. I collapsed on my bed and cried my eyes out. How could they do this to me? I can’t live by myself! I sniffled, wiping my nose and reaching for my phone. The only person that could help me was the very person my parents didn’t approve of.

I dialed his number and listened to the rings.

“Hey, girl.” his calm voice answered. “What’s up?”

I sniffled again and smiled softly.

“Hey, Dante...” I replied meekly.
“What’s wrong, Mary?” he said, worried.
“I need your help...”
“Anything, girl. What can I do?”
“Can I stay at your place?” I asked, chewing my lip.
“Sure!” he said excitedly. “How long?”
“... I don’t know.” I said. “Until I can find a place of my own I guess...”
“You’re moving out? Good for you, girl!”
“No... I’m being kicked out.” I say, sighing.
“How come?” he asked.
“...I’ll tell you when you get here.” I say.
“Okay, hon. I’m on my way!” he says
“Thanks, Dante.”
“No problem sweetie.”

I drop my phone onto the pillow and sit up, looking around my room. Sighing, I get up and go to the garage to grab boxes. I’ve made a good dent by the time Dante gets here. He comes into my room, holding two cups of coffee and a paper bag, a smile on his face.

I take the cup he hands me and sit next to him on my window seat. Taking a sip, I look him over. Today he’s wearing black and red plaid skinnies with chains hanging down, studded combat boots, a ripped black tank top, and his black hair is shaved on the sides and dyed red in some places, his bangs flopping into his dark green eyes. He has a nose ring, two brow piercings in his left eyebrow, snake bites and small gauges in his ears. Rings glitter on all 8 fingers and two thumbs and bracelets wrap around his skinny wrists. He’s tall, tan and skinny as a rail. Sleeve tattoos cover his arms from wrist to neck and above his pecs as well as his back. He’s an interesting character.

“You’re staring, hon.” he says, smirking.

I giggle and shake my head.

“I haven’t seen you in forever.” I reply and drink my coffee

We look around my room.

“I remember when we used to have sleepovers.” He says quietly, looking over at me.

I nod

“Pillow fights. Staying up late. watching movies.” I sigh.
“That’s back when you’re parents liked me.” he says
“Back when you weren’t allowed to express yourself.” I reply.

He nods and sighs.

“Yeah, your mom looked pretty surprised when I showed up.” he says, standing and stretching.
“I figured she would.” I say “But I couldn’t care less at the moment.”
“Damn... This must be something huge if you’ve stopped caring what your parents think.” he says, looking at me with wide eyes.

I looked at the floor and bit my lip. Through this whole ‘monsters in my closet’ thing, Dante has stuck by me. He believes me, but for some reason I hesitate.

“Hon?” Dante whispers, crouching in front of me, moving my hair from my face.

I take a deep breath and let it out slowly, focusing my gaze on Dante. His searching eyes look open and deep. He’d understand. Wouldn’t he? He’d help me, right? I look deep in his eyes. Yes, he wouldn’t abandon me like my parents have.
I look down at the floor again.
“I...” I hesitate. “I’m pregnant, Dante...”

I look up, searching for any hint of repulsion, any disgust, anything negative but I don’t find any. Instead I find curiosity and surprise. He sits back on his butt and stares at me.

“Well, I gotta say” he says. “I didn’t see that one coming.”
“Well, that’s not the crazy part.” I reply.

He leans in.

“I’m intrigued.”
“It’s....” I sigh and bite my lip. “It’s not fully... human...”
“You mean its-”
“Yeah...”
“You?”
“Yeah.”
“Oh my gosh.”
“...Yeah.”
“Holy shit.” he squeals, jumping up. “This is too crazy!”

He grins and starts hurriedly throwing my stuff into boxes.

“Ohhhhh girl, we gotta get this shit done! I want details!” he says.

I laugh and help him. In no time we have my things packed up and in his car. I get in the passenger seat and he drives off towards the west side of town. He glances at me every few minutes, the grin on his face getting bigger and bigger. I try not to smile.

“You’re such a weirdo.” I say
“I didn't have sex with some smokin’ hot reptile monster.” He scoffs jokingly.

I hit his arm playfully and he laughs.

“Spill it girly.” he prods. “Was it when you were gone that whole month?”

I nod.

“ohhhh, girl!” he says, fanning himself. “What’d you do? Mmm I bet ya’ll did some freaky stuff~!”

I turned red.

“Stop it, Dante!” I say.
“You DID!!! Didn't you!!!” he squeals. “Whoo, girl! I didn't know you had it in you!”
“Dante!”
“I’m sorry girl, That’s so damn SEXY!” he says, laughing a little.
“Just shut up and drive, Dante.” I say, trying to hide my smile.

He chuckles but obeys.

END
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments and suggestions appreciated!! Criticism welcomed!!

Shout out to:

ImMaMoNsTeR24 for recommending!! :D