‹ Prequel: Lost, Then Found

My Forever Girl

Ch. Sixteen

Jayden’s P.O.V.

The way she stood in his arms was embedded into my brain. The way she was smiling at him before I showed up…. The way her eyes lit up every time she looked at him… All I ever wanted was for her to look at me that way, but how could she; it’s clear she was in love with him. I always knew there was something holding her back.

“Is that a tear,” I jumped at the sound of the voice belonging to the owl that was now comfortably sitting in the passenger seat. He always seemed to show up at the worst times, it was like he was my own personal bad luck charm. “You will not cry over that whore!”

I veered to the side of the road and slammed on the breaks, “She’s not a whore!”

He laughed that disgusting laugh that just got under my skin every time I heard it, “Ah, still defending her even though she broke your heart. Really, it’s sweet!”

“Shut up! You don’t know her.”

“Apparently you don’t either,” he shot back.

I had nothing to say back. I started thinking about the situation, replaying it over and over in my head. I can’t believe how I acted. Naira’s probably terrified of me now, damn, I’m so fucking stupid. “I need to go back and apologize, I overreacted.”

“If you go back, you’re as good as dead. Do you know what her dad and uncles could do to you.. Oh wait, I guess you don’t know,” he shook his head, “going back.. Ha, you’re crazy!”

“Considering I’m sitting here having a conversation with an animal, I guess I am, which is why I need to go win the heart of the only woman who has ever made me feel normal.”

“You’ve already blown your chances with her,” he paused, “unless..”

“Unless what,” my head shot up. I’d do anything to have Naira back. I just want to take her back to California where we both belong and forget any of this ever happened.

“Who am I kidding; you’d never be able to do it.”

“Just tell me,” I pleaded.

“I don’t know; you’re not strong enough to pull it off,” suddenly his eyes gleamed as he stared at me, “unless…”

“STOP TALKING IN RIDDLES AND JUST TELL ME!”

“Ok, ok… The connection between Naira and Embry cannot be broken.”

“What do you mean,” I questioned.

“Embry… Well, they call it imprinting. Embry imprinted on Naira when she..”

“What,” I interrupted, “What the hell is imprinting?”

“It doesn’t matter, all you need to know is you can never be with her, at least not the way you would like to be. She will never love you the way she loves Embry. BUT, I might have a way that you could still have her in your life.”

“How?”

“Eliminate the problem. She may never love you the way she loves Embry, but there is some love there; I can tell.” Would I really be able to deal with knowing I was second best? I love her so much….

“Tick tock boy, is she worth the fight or not,” he interrupted my thoughts.

“Of course, what do I have to do?”

“Kill him, but first you and I will need to take a little road trip.”

Naira’s P.O.V.

“What the hell was all that about,” Jacob screamed.

“I don’t know. I didn’t even know he was coming back. He was supposed to be in New Mexico visiting his family for at least one more day,” I tried to explain.

Jacob was pacing back and forth in the living room; he was pissed and I was terrified. Part of my heart was worried for Jayden, I’d never seen him that mad; matter of fact; I don’t think I’ve ever seen him mad. The bigger piece of my heart was worried sick about Embry. I wanted to know if he was ok, but there was no way I’d be allowed anywhere near him right now.

“This is all your fault,” Jacob stopped right in front of me; if looks could kill… “You brought him here..”

“Back off Jake,” my father stepped in.

“You saw how close Embry was to phasing out there, right in front of Mr. Psycho. Embry’s never lost control like that. If he would have phased…”

“I know Jake… But he didn’t.. Now let me talk to my daughter, go home and take care of your wife,” dad interrupted.

Shortly after that everyone left, I was done being the freak show of the night. Now I sat in the living room with my mother and father staring at me blankly, trying to figure out what they were going to say to me. The silence was killing me, “I’m sorry about tonight. I never meant for anything like this to ever happen,” I whispered, avoiding eye contact with either of them.

Mom was the first to speak; always so comforting and forgiving, “We know honey.”

“Naira he is not welcomed anywhere near this house, and you are not to see him again, is that understood?”

“Jared, she is not a child anymore, don’t not speak to her like she is,” mom broke in.

“I’m trying to protect our daughter!”

“She’s a big girl; she’s capable of making her own decisions.”

“Obviously she’s not; you saw the nut bag she brought home!”

“Just Stop,” I yelled, interrupting their argument. “Who you saw out there was NOT the Jayden I know. Something is wrong, something happened while he was in New Mexico and I need to find out what.”

“No, absolutely not!”

“Dad listen…”

“No Naira! You’re not going anywhere, especially not to find that psycho!”

He began to tremble. I wanted to smile, I know it sounds totally inappropriate at the moment, but I couldn’t help it. My dad was worried, and although I never want to put him through hell like that, there was a part of me that loved knowing he still thought of me as his fragile little princess.

“Dad,” I moved from my spot on the chair to sit beside him on the couch, “I promise I’ll be careful.”

“Naira,” he sighed.

“Jayden won’t hurt me. I know that’s hard to believe by how you saw him act out there, but like I said that was not the Jayden I know. He needs help..”

“It’s not your job to be the one to help him,” he snapped.

“He was there for me when I needed him, so I need to be there for him. Plus, I hurt him and that was never my intention. I need to apologize. I can’t leave things like that with him. I’m done hurting people; I don’t want to be that selfish person anymore.”

“Naira if he touches you..”

“Dad, I love you, but nothing you say will keep me from going!”

The next day I was up bright and early packing a small bag, getting ready for my short trip back to California. After hours of talking, I finally got my dad to agree to let me go, under one condition…..
I had to do one last thing before I hit the road. I grabbed my phone, dialed the number I needed, and patiently waited to hear his voice on the other line.

“Are you busy… Good, because you’re going on a little road trip with me.”
♠ ♠ ♠
WOW! Long time no update! I'm really sorry. I was having writers block on this story and then I started another story and kind of put this one on the back burner. But I'm back. This is a short update, but what do you think? Is Embry in trouble? Will Naira find Jayden and straighten things out with him? Who was on the phone?? To be continued........

To anyone still reading this after such a long absence.. THANK YOU! <3
P.S. I hope you all have a Happy Thanks Giving! Gobble Gobble! ;)