Live, Laugh, Love

Live, Laugh, Love Chp 13

Okay.” Tom said, picking up the remote and shutting the TV off. “Enough is enough. We’re going out tonight.”

“No.” I said, stuffing my face with a piece of fruit.

“Yes. I have two tickets to a concert. Wanna come?” he was excited now.

“N.O.” I spelled it out for him.

“Its boys like girls.” He waved the tickets in front of my face.

“NO WAY!” I yelled, setting the bowl of fruit on Tom’s TV stand. I was staying with him for a while before I went back to LA.

“Yes WAY! Backstage passes!” he said excitedly.

Boy like Girls was like one of my favorite bands. “I’m in.” I sighed, walking to his bathroom.

The concert was at a small building on the outskirts of town. Not many people were there, but it was still crowded. I had to admit, it was kind of exciting.

Tom and I were standing backstage, basically waiting for the guys to come out of warm-up.

“Now don’t worry.” Tom said, comforting, “I know the lead singer, Martin. We’re mates.”

I didn’t reply. I just smiled for Tom’s sake. I’d be damned if I let him know what I was actually feeling.

“Hey.” Said a male voice behind me. It sounded familiar. I turned around.

“Sam?” I asked, my stomach churning. “Sam Bradley. What are you doing here?”

Tom gulped, recognizing the man. Rob’s best friend. It cut my heart like a razor.

“Rachael. How are you?” Sam asked, hugging me tightly. I held on for an extra moment, just to make it last longer.

“I’m great.” I said way too quickly, taking Tom’s hand.

“Hey, Tom.” Sam said.

“Hey Sam.” They shook hands.

I looked behind Sam expectantly. Why the hell was I doing this to myself? He was in Vancouver, CANADA. Not England.

Sam shook his head. “He’s not here, Rachael.”

My eyes filled with embarrassing tears. “It’s so nice to see you, Sam.” I said, taking his hand. “Could you tell Robert something for me?” I asked. I couldn’t believe I was saying what was coming out of my mouth.

He nodded.

“Tell him this was for the best.” I said, the tears leaking down my cheeks. Sam just stared at me for a long moment.

“He misses you, you know.” He stated, walking closer to me. “Rachael, I’ve never seen him act this way. He doesn’t do anything anymore.” The tears dripped onto my shirt and Sam wiped them away. “He needs you, Rachael Banes.” And with that, he walked away.

I turned to Tom. “We need to leave. NOW.” I said, burying my face in his chest and sobbing.

Tom nodded. “I’ll go hail the taxi.”

Seeing Sam had taken its toll on me emotionally. For the rest of the night, I cried into Tom. He waited so patiently, wiping my hair out of my eyes, and patting my back. I don’t know what I would have done without him.

While I cried, I thought. No matter how I did this, I was still hurting Rob. He deserved to know the truth. But could I tell him? I didn’t think I could.

I could deal with the fact that I was hurting, but when Rob was hurting too? No. No, I would not just leave him hanging. I had to tell him. Give him peace. Let him know the truth so there would never be the ‘What could have been’ in the situation.

In the morning, I took a shower and got dressed. I stayed in Tom’s apartment for the rest of the day, just thinking. Then I made up my mind.

-The next day-

After I got ready, I told Tom my plan of action. He was so enthusiastic it almost made me cry.

We headed to the airport around 11 am, and I hopped the first flight I could find to Vancouver, Canada. Oh my god. What was I doing?

*Robert*

“She said it was for the best?” I clarified, looking at Sam like he was speaking in a different tongue. Kristen’s eyes flickered to my face sympathetically.

“That’s what she told me to tell you.” Sam mumbled, taking a sip of his coffee.

“She thinks that will give me an idea as to why she fucking just left me? She thinks that will clear my confusion? My anger? What the fuck!” I yelled, and Kristen put her arm around my shoulder in comfort.

I leaned into her embrace even though it pained me to do so. Kristen and Sam were basically the only ones I told about Rachael. I didn’t know what I’d do without them.

“It hurts.” I whispered into Kristen’s hair. She knew what I meant.

“I know.” She put both her arms around me. “It’s gonna be okay.” She soothed, ruffling my hair. “You’re going to be okay.”

I could feel Sam watching me out of the corner of his eye. I couldn’t imagine what he was thinking.

“Rob.” Sam said suddenly. I looked up at him. “Rachael is… falling apart. I can tell. When I even mentioned you, she broke down into tears. I don’t know why, Rob, but I feel like there is more to this than it seems. She’s hurting, too.”

I just stared at him. “What do you want me to do about it?” I asked, not seeing where this was going. “She left me.”

*Normal*

Vancouver is a strangely small town. There is literally about three hotels. I’m surprised they even had an airport. Tom gave me a questioning look as we got out of the taxi.

“This is a hotel?” I asked, looking at the rustic style of the building.

“Shut up. It was the best I could do on such short notice.”

“I don’t even know where he is.” I whined, looking around like he’d be standing on the other side of the street.

*Robert*

I looked out my hotel room window, seeing nothing but blue up above. I looked down to the parking lot and I did a double take.

“Oh my god.” I said out-loud, running to the door.

“What?” Sam and Kristen asked in unison.

I didn’t answer. I just ran as fast I could to the elevator.

Why was she here? It’s not like she knew anyone else in Vancouver. I smiled sheepishly, hoping this meant something. Then I had to stop myself. I would not get my hopes up. For all I knew it could have been a look-alike.

Yeah, right. I thought. As if I could be that lucky.

*Normal*

I carried my luggage into the small hotel, Tom walking to the front desk to set up our rooms. When the elevator indicated it was on this floor, I didn’t even look up.

I heard the whoosh of the sliding door as it opened up, but I just stared down at the map of this incredibly small town.

I didn’t even look up when I heard footsteps moving closer.

No, I didn’t look up until I realized someone was standing right in front of me.

I looked directly into piercing light blue eyes. “Rachael.” He said, and I almost fell to my knees.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok, so I told you everything was going to get better. SOO, here it is. lol. THNX 4 reading! :) X