Live, Laugh, Love

Live, Laugh, Love Chp.6

So, you like beer better than wine?” Robert asked me incredulously. When I nodded my head, he shook his in disbelief. “You come off as a wine kind of girl to me.” He said, taking a handful of Doritos out of the bag.

“Didn’t I tell you? I’m always doing things people don’t expect.” I laughed.

He chuckled and sighed. “I really love spending time with you, Rach.” He said quietly, taking my hand.

“Me too.” I smiled, for once in so long, I was truly happy to be with someone other than Tom.

Robert smiled and kissed my lips lightly. I frowned when he pulled away. He knew that wasn’t good enough for me. He chuckled. “So, are we like… dating now?” Rob asked, ducking his head.

“Umm.” I said. “Do you want to be dating?”

“Yes.” He said quickly. “A lot more than I should.” I smiled at his eagerness.

“Then I guess we’re dating.” He smiled and kissed me again, only this time it wasn’t so light. His mouth moved against mine eagerly, devouring my lips. Before I knew it, I was lost in his kiss. We held each other tightly, straining to be closer. When our lips finally parted, I was panting.

“Sorry.” He said. “That was out of control.”

“Don’t apologize.” I smiled. “I like it.” And I pulled him closer so we could connect our lips again.

“Rachael.” He stopped me as I started to get frisky. My hands were on his belt when he grabbed them. “Stop.”

“What?” I asked, completely confused. “What’s the matter?”

“I don’t want you to do anything you’re not comfortable with.” He frowned.

“What? What do you mean?”

“If you’re not ready to have sex, I’m not going to make you.” He said stubbornly.

“What? No no. Rob, I’m not a virgin.” I said, laughing.

“What? I thought that’s why you weren’t… Well, we weren’t… you know.” And soon he was laughing along. “I wasn’t bugging you because I thought you weren’t ready.” He said between giggles. “Not that it would be a problem if you were… well, a virgin. I’d love you anyway.” The L word in that last sentence brought me up short. He also seemed to notice what he said and his eyes got wide.

“Did you just say you loved me?” I asked.

“Ummm, yeah. I, uh, I guess I did.” He answered shyly, blushing. “But it was the truth.” He added. And suddenly I realized the ugly truth to the situation. I loved him, too. I only knew him for about three days, and already I loved him. That’s how irrational love is. I sighed.

“Well you know what?” I asked him. “I think I love, you, too.” I smiled and pulled him closer as he connected our lips.

“So does this mean… you know?” he asked after a few moments. His hands found my shirt and started lifting it up.

“God!” I exclaimed, smacking his hand away. “You’re such a man! You’re completely ruled by your hormones.” I laughed.

“Oh yeah?” he asked. “I bet that you won’t be able to resist me this whole weekend. You’re just as turned on by me and I am by you.”

“Oh really?” I asked, smiling. “I bet you wouldn’t last two days not being able to have sex with me.”

“I’ve known you for three days already.” He said, smirking.

“Drat.” I frowned. “Well, why don’t we make a deal?” I asked “We spend all weekend together, and whoever takes off one piece of the other’s clothes first loses.”

“One question. When does the weekend start?”

I looked at my watch. “Well, it’s Friday, so how about we start tonight, and go until Sunday at this exact time?”

He smiled “Deal.” He held out his hand.

“Deal.” I said, shaking it. This was going to be fun. It had been a long time since I’d had sex, but I still knew how to be seductive. I was going to torture him for the next forty eight hours, and there was nothing he could do about it. I smiled, plans already forming in my head.

As we got ready for bed, I took my clothes into the bathroom. Then a thought dawned on me. I stripped down to my bra and underwear, and I walked out of the bathroom. Rob was sitting on the side of my bed, turning down the covers. When he spotted me, he did a double take. I smiled as I saw his eyes get so big they looked like they’d fall out of the sockets.

“I was thinking of just sleeping in this. It’s a little hot in here.” I said, walking over to the bed.

Rob didn’t respond, but his eyes didn’t leave me. I heard him grunt, and then realize what I was doing. He smiled wickedly.

“That’s fine. I was just thinking that I’d like to sleep how I usually sleep at my place.” I looked at him doubtfully. “Completely naked.” My mouth popped open, and he probably heard my intake of breath all the way where he was standing. He grinned, and began removing his pants.

“You do realize,” I said quickly, “that it’s impossible for me to remove any clothes from you if you’re naked.”

He frowned in frustration, and I beamed. I got him. “Fine.” He grumbled. “I’ll sleep in my underwear. But there’s no guarantee that they won’t just slip off.” He smirked at me and I scowled back.

No such thing happened; although that wasn’t the last time he threatened me about taking off his pants. I thought British people were supposed to be uncomfortable with nudity. Not Rob. Well, at least not in front of me.

“You realize this is extremely difficult for me.” Rob said, reaching his hands to my back where my bra was buttoned up.

“I know.” I smiled wickedly.

“You’re tempting enough with your clothes on.” He smirked.

“You’re gonna lose.” I taunted, snuggling into his neck.

“We’ll see. I haven’t unleashed my full dazzle effect on you yet.”

“Dazzle effect?” What was that supposed to mean?

“Haven’t you seen Twilight?” he asked me, surprised.

I shook my head.

“Wow. I think you’re the only woman in the world who hasn’t seen it yet.”

“Ok, Mr. full of yourself.” I chuckled.

“I didn’t mean it that way. It’s just refreshing.” He said. “I know you like me for me, not for Edward.”

Just then my cell rang. Who was calling me at 10:45 at night? Robert laughed at my ringtone “Love Drunk” by Boys like Girls.

‘I used to be Love drunk; now I’m hungover.’ My phone vibrated.

“Are you going to answer that?” Rob asked when I looked at the I.D and put it back down.

“No. It’s just my mom, and she’ll call back tomorrow, I’m sure. London makes her nervous.” I frowned.

“Why?”

“Because of all the charming guys.” I said, poking him in the chest. “And because she doesn’t think it’s really safe.”

“She’s right. You’re lucky I’m here to protect you. A pretty woman like you should never roam these streets alone…”

“Oh!” I groaned. “I’m not a little kid. I can take care of myself, thank you.”

“I’m serious. I don’t want you walking around the streets at night by yourself. Not every bloke you meet on the street will be as nice as me.” I could almost hear his smile.

“You’re so full of it.” I said, but I was planning on obeying him.

I snuggled closer-if that was possible- to him, and let him press his body against me.

“Goodnight, my love.” He said.

“Goodnight, Rob.” I said, feeling more whole then I’ve felt in a while.
♠ ♠ ♠
thnx for reading!! :) X