Status: Complete :)

Wake the Dead

Those Eyes

I think school is the biggest bowl shit ever. Especially when you have no future.
If it weren't for the damn law and the constant letters home, I would have skipped Monday through Friday everyday, but sometimes I just wasn't in the mood for the earful I get from my daddy. I already had to sneak some of my Moms makeup to try and cover up the black and blue tinted skin that is forming on the side of my face from my daddy finding out I skipped basically all of last month.

Syd liked school though, which I was glad for, maybe she had a future. Even though she only was still in elementary school. Syd had friends and she found a few things that she was talented at, but me on the other hand, I was the freak at school who had the drunk daddy and smoked. I didn't mind being alone, it was better than being friends with those bitches, like the ones that sit behind me, who only talk about how their boyfriend didn't get them anything for their birthday. Those girls disgusted me, but at the same time I was envious of their rich families and perfect lives... I wanted that for Syd.

I walked into my class late, English I think, and ignored all the stares I got from everyone as I walked in. I wasn't sure if they were staring because of the fact I hadn't been to school in a month, or the way I was dressed; ripped jeans, a tank top I made myself with scissors, and my old boots.. I don't even like to count how many times I've been called a redneck or some shit, it gets old.

Some girl was sitting in my seat when I walked in, looked like she had moved there to sit by her friend while I was gone. I saw her see me and stare with a smirk on her face when she saw me, not moving from my seat. I honestly could care less, that seat was in the front of the room and by a kid who I swear hadn't showered in a year, so I just walked past, starting to smirk when I saw her shrink under my glare.

I went to the back of the room, sitting in the last seat that was almost secluded from the rest of the class.. almost ironic actually. There was already a pencil that was sitting on the desk, so I grabbed it and started doodling on the desk top while the teacher rambled on about some essay that was due.

I was so absorbed in my little doodle that I didn't even hear my teacher calling my name until it was about the fourth time. "Miss Daft!"

I slouched back in my seat and looked up at her, raising an eyebrow, waiting for her to continue. She sighed, "drawing on the desk is vandalism of school property, miss Daft."

"I think I made it look better, actually," I smirked up at her. Every ones eyes were on me and her as I gave this teacher a piece of her own medicine. She was as bad as everyone else, judging and treating me differently, like I was a piece of trash to her, but there wouldn't be a day in hell that I wouldn't stand up for myself.

"I hope you'll still be thinking that when your staying after school to wipe all the desks down," she said, feeling proud of herself. "Now, Fiona, do you have the essay done?"

I didn't say anything, just continued staring her down, my temper was a little testy now adays and the last thing I need is to be suspended and get a letter home. "Miss Daft?" She questioned again in an annoyed voice before she let out a sigh. "The essay was due today. Since last week was veterans day, the essay was about honor. For example, the soldiers that ship out to war are putting their lives on the line, willing to fight for their country or their family... So, I've had students that would right about what they think about that, and why or who they would put their lives on the line for," she walked over to me, sliding some paper on my desk that I believe was the rubric. "2 pages minimum, Miss Daft," her voice was cold and judge mental when she said my name, but I ignored it as one of the girls in my class went up to the front of the room to read her essay.

I started to draw again, all over the rubric, trying to piss my teacher off while I vaguely listened to the girl read her paper aloud. "If I had the choice, I would die for my boyfriend. It's the least I could do for him, when he does all this stuff for me. Even though we have been in some fights or have been separated a little, I know that if it was me or him, I would jump in front of the bullet. And, of course my Daddy, just like anyone else would die for their Daddy," the girl read her paper, making me start to fume.

"Bowl shit." I stated, causing everyone to turn around at me with widened eyes.

"Excuse me?" My teacher gasped. "We do not use that language in t-"

"Bowl shit." I cut her off. "Everything she just read... complete and udder bowl shit," I pointed to the girl standing at the front of the class, wide eyed and not knowing what to do. "But, the funny thing is, she'll still get an A. She'll still get a high grade on her paper of lies, but, when something written down is truthful, but not understood or accepted, like multiple of my previous things, it's a low ass grade," I shook my head. "That's why this is all bowl shit. And that paper.." I snorted a laugh. "If there was a gun held to her boyfriends head, she would run, leaving him to eat that bullet so her pretty little face could be saved, actually, now that I think about it; everyone in here would do that. And there would not be one day in my life when I would even think about dying for my father."

Everyone looked at me, speechless and shocked that I just shot them down, but I can't stand this anymore. Everything that goes on is shit here. It's all lies and full of people who don't even know how to survive in the real world. They don't know shit. "Hallway, now," my teacher snapped, pointing at the door. I stood up and walked over to her. "What? You gona lecture me? Pretend that I actually give a shit about your worlds, lady?" I scoffed and rolled my eyes.

"Fiona Daft! You will go down to the office immediately and tell them what you did!" My teacher yelled, obviously out of her comfort zone with me standing up to her.

"And what did I do, exactly?" I questioned. "Do you want me to tell them how I spoke the cold hard truth and no one could accept it?" I pressed on. "You really need to work on the lessons you teach in here," and with that, I turned, shaking my head and walking out the door, letting it slam behind me. I was so fucking tired of the bowl shit that this place was.

I didn't walk to the office, just went to the back of the school, sneaking into the door that said "janitors only". I hopped over some fallen brooms and went to the small stair case that was in the back and ran up the stairs, opening the small hatch of a door. I had to squint my eyes at the brightness that came though as I threw the door open and hopped out onto the roof.

There was no point in going home, I didn't want to get caught and I'm sure the office will be calling there, so I might as well hide out for the rest of the day until I have to pick up Syd. The gravel crunched under my boots as I walked over to the spot I normally come up here to hide at. I hadn't been up here in a while, so when I saw someone already up here smoking, I was a little surprised.

As I got closer, I realized it wasn't one of the staff and actually a familiar face. "I see you found my hide out," I crossed my arms and leaned against the metal box thing, probably part of the air ducts, as I eyed him. He seemed to already know I was here as he was leaning on his back, smoking as he looked off into the distance. "Yours?" His raspy voice asked, not making eye contact. "Ain't ever seen ya up here."

"Lets just say I went on a little vacation," I smirked and looked over at his smoke. "You got a spare?" I asked. He looked over and saw I was talking about his smoke, so with a sigh he reached into his back pocket, flexing his muscles a little, and pulling another out. I grabbed it from him and right before he was able to pull out a lighter to hand to me, I snatched my lighter out of my back pocket and lit it up quickly, loving the nicotine it provided me. I felt his eyes studying me as I took my first drag and looked up to catch his eyes.

He snapped his head away and roughly ran a hand through his dirty blond hair, ruffling it up a little. "Shouldn't you be in class?" I asked him, now I was studying him.

"Shouldn't you?" He asked back, finally looking at me and meeting my eyes with his own challenging blue ones.

"Na, got kicked out for calling bowl shit," I took another drag. "People are too full of themselves to accept that they are wrong."

He nodded slowly and turned his head to look back over the side of the roof. We sat there in strangely comfortable silence for a while, not needing or having anything to say, until I heard the final bell ring for school. "I gotta go pick up Syd, thanks for the smoke," I said, throwing it on the ground and putting it out with the heel of my boot. He nodded again, but didn't look over to me. "See ya later, Dixon," I said and turned around, heading back down the stairs and out the janitors room.

The hallways were buzzing with people, but I quickly shoved my way through and got out side, walking through the parking lot to get to the side walk. Feeling someone's eyes on me, I turned around and automatically looked up, seeing Daryl in the same position he was on the roof. Our eyes met, or at least I think they did, it was far away to tell, but we both just looked in each others direction. Feeling something weird course through me, I turned around and jogged across the street to the sidewalk, heading down to pick up Syd, still feeling those eyes on me.


*

Those eyes.

Those multiple different shades of blue that I love more than no other.

Those eyes that I would die for, that I have given myself up for.

Those piercing baby blue eyes that could make my heart melt or break with just one look.

And right now as they looked into mine, my heart shattered faster and harder than it ever has.
♠ ♠ ♠
okay guys so I know this is another short chapter and is mostly just a flashback, but I wanted to get that small part up to help start the next chapter.

And high school flashback? Weeeeird :P

Also, remember how I said I wanted to do a Boondock Saints story? Well I'm also going to start a new Daryl/oc story, but I don't know which one I want to start first! I'm very excited for the new Daryl story though because SEASON 4 IS SO CLOSE!!!!:):)

New chapter for both my stories up soon!:) Sorry for dragging this one out:P

love you all!<3