Just Want Out

Chapter 6

Surprisingly, Oliver didn't come looking for me. Matt kept me company, letting me hang out in his room. For the most part being with Matt felt natural. Like I was hanging out with a real friend, like I actually had a say in what I was doing. For the most part, we just sat on his bed and watched whatever was giving on television, before getting bored and just talking. It was mostly those getting to know you questions which was fine by me.

"Okay, so Nicolette how old are you?" He asked, raising an eyebrow at me.

"Seventeen." I stated with a nod of my head. "I'll be eighteen soon, but I don't think it matters much anymore." I said sadly, looking down at the comforter.

"Whaddya mean by that?" Matt asked and I could hear the confusion in his voice.

"I was looking forward to turning eighteen. You know, because a legal adult and doing whatever the fuck I want. I uh, I don't think that'll happen anytime soon around here so." I sighed. Our lighthearted conversation suddenly had taken an extremely depressing turn. It only made me realize that even in the most comfortable state; I was still being here against my will. "I think ...I'm gonna go back to Oli. He's probably already pissed, and it's getting late." It was an excuse to get out of the room, where the air was too thick now.

I stood, smiling at Matt softly before walking back into the direction of Oliver's designated room. I took a deep breath before holding it completely and opening the door. He was laid out of the bed, phone pressed to his ear. He looked towards me before sitting up, and telling the person on the other line that he had to go. "Where were you?" He asked, but he wasn't angry.

"Hanging out with Matt in his room. I'm sorry; I just couldn't take staying in here." I apologized anyway.

He shook his head as if to brush it off. "S'okay. I talked to Hannah; she told me that you girls talked earlier. She wouldn't tell me ‘bout what but that it was some pretty serious shit." I nodded my head, silently thanking Hannah for being such a kind and sweet person, and not telling Oliver about our conversation. "Are you ...alright?"

"As alright as a kidnapped girl can be." I said sarcastically and rolled my eyes. I knew I was being a bit of a bitch but I couldn't help it. Oli only nodded in response. I started to unbutton the skinny jeans I had on. "You have any clothes for me to sleep in?" I asked, turning to face him.

He reached over and grabbed a white T-shirt; it was huge with the Drop Dead logo on it. He tossed it my way, and I caught it before mumbling a thanks and walking into the bathroom. I stripped off the clothes I had worn that day and pulled the shirt over my head. As I said it was pretty big, more than a normal sized T-shirt should be on me. I threw my hair up in a ponytail, staring at it in the mirror for a while. This new purple hair was seriously going to take some getting use too. I smiled though, because I honestly did love it. I walked back into the room and sat on the bed, my back against the headboard. I let out a yawn with a mix of a sigh before rubbing my eyes with my hands, and pulling my knees to my chest, wrapping my arms around them. I was gnawing on the inside of my lip to keep myself busy.

“Can we talk?” I looked at Oli, a shocked expression written all over my face.

“Talk?” I asked, raising my eyebrows. “About what?”

The tattooed man shrugged his shoulders, and I could tell he was regretting saying anything. “I dunno. Anything? I don’t know much ‘bout you. Maybe get to know each other a bit more?”

I scoffed. I really tried to hold it back, but I couldn’t. “Oh yeah of course. Because the normal way to get to know someone is to kidnap them and keep them hostage in your bedroom!” Sarcasm was dripping from my voice. Oli just bit his lip, shrugging his shoulders once more. I rolled my eyes, but gave in. “Fine. Fine. What do you want to know?”

He swallowed before speaking. “Anything. Basic information.”

“Well, I’m Nicolette Evans. I’m seventeen turning eighteen in October.” I shrugged my shoulders looking in his direction. “There isn’t much to know about me. Shouldn’t you know me anyway? What do you just kidnap random people spontaneously?”

Oli inwardly winced, holding up his hand. “Stop saying that, please.” He asked, in a low murmur.

“Say what, that you kidnapped me?” I spat out. “Cause it’s what you did.”

Oliver groaned annoyed with me. “You don’t understand!” He half shouted frustrated. “You don’t understand anything that’s going on so please just shut up. Is this seriously what I get with trying to be civil with you?”

I rolled my eyes. “Right! My bad. Sorry. I don’t know what the hell is going on here, and you not telling me isn’t helping. You totally deserve the person of the year award for the amazing way you’ve been treating me!” The venom in my voice was extremely noticeable.

“Okay, okay. I’m sorry.” Oli sighed, rubbing his face with his hand. “Tomorrow, we’ll talk. I’ll try to explain what’s going on and we can just talk as two people, ‘aight?” He looked at me, eyes begging for cooperation. I just nodded my head, tired of fighting with him.

“Okay, sure. Whatever.” I bit my bottom lip, feeling tears sting in my eyes. Why I felt the urge for crying, I’m not sure. Blinking quickly, I tried to stop them before they fell. I failed. Before I knew it, I had big fat salty tears running down my cheeks. A ragged sigh escaped my lips.

The tattooed vocalist looked over at me, and was shocked, eyes widening for a split second. “Are you alright? Why are you crying?” He asked, sitting up and giving me a tissue. I grabbed it with more aggression than needed and wiped my eyes.

“Why do you think, asshole.” I mumbled, giving up on the tissue and rubbing my eyes and with backs of my hands. I sniffled and sniffled until I was certain my nose was clear.

Oliver said nothing then, just stared at me. I lowered my eyes to avoid his as I tried to stop my unexplainable waterworks. The silence was awkward and uncomfortable. I gulped down the lump in my throat before pulling the covers down and slipping under them. Lying on my side with my back turned to Oli I fidgeted with my fingers before tiredly mumbling out. “I hate you. I hate you so much.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Woooah, it's been too long! Hopefully you guys had a bit of faith in me to update this because here is an update! haha, i hope y'all like it! It'd mean a lot if you'd comment and leave some feedback, I love that crap! Also if you could check out my other stories that'd be hella rad!
Anyway I love you so much and I hope you have an amazing day<3
-Soniaxo