Do You Fear Me?

sixteen

“For a month. School, home, homework. That’s it.”
“Yes, sir.” My hands were folded in my lap.
I didn’t speak to anyone last night and this morning, Dad didn’t even look at me. It was at dinner, where we are now, that he finally looked at me and grounded me.
“And you’re getting a job.”
“Okay.” There was silence. Stiles was with Scott.
“Jesus, Rosie. How could you be irresponsible? I know Stiles is, but you, you know what you’re doing and yet you go and have unprotected sex.”
“I’m sorry, Dad!”
“Give me your phone.”
“Dad-”
“Now, Rosemary.” I pulled it out of my pocket and handed it to him. “What’s your password?”
“1991.”
“Can I go to my room now?”
“Yes.” I got up, cleaning my plate and ran upstairs. I closed my door slowly and fell on my bed, clutching my shark in my arms.
I began to cry.

Isaac smirked at me. Erica looked a lot prettier on his arm than I would have.
“You coming, Rosie?” I glanced over at a smiling Allison, then back to Isaac. He let out a growl to me.
“Y-yeah…” I closed my locker and turned to Allison, following her to the field. The boys had a game today and it was the third one I would be going to.
“Hey,” Scott kissed Allison and Stiles glanced around the stands.
“She got detention, loverboy. She’ll be down halfway through.” Allison chuckled at Stiles.
“Oh. Okay.” He grinned. Lydia and Stiles were together. The only one who didn’t have someone was me. Because like I said, he found someone ten times better than me.
I took a side glance to see him hold Erica against the railing, kissing her. He knew I was watching, he could hear my heart beating hard against my chest.
And he looked over at me to prove my point.
I snapped my gaze down, to finish reading Catcher in the Rye.
“You know, Rosie, it’s not polite to stare.” My head snapped up and he was standing in front of me.
“It’s not polite to break hearts, but you still did it anyway.” Allison snapped.
“I didn’t break anyone’s heart. She knew it was coming.”
“Prick.” Lydia’s voice hissed. She sat beside me, in the empty space. “Why don’t you traipse back to your bitch?”
“You’re the only bitch here, Lydia.”


I panted.
“That was no nightmare.” My head snapped over and he was sitting at my desk.
“I-it was.”
“What was this one about? You obviously didn’t die this time.”
I shook my head. “Just got my heart broken.”
“What?”
“You were with Erica…and Scott was with Allison and Stiles was with Lydia.”
“That was a dream, then.” Isaac chuckled.
“Isaac, you can’t be here.” I muttered.
“Why not?” He asked, lounging in my desk chair. It would smell of him for days. I could easily do homework there now.
“Because I’m grounded.”
“Why?”
I gave him a look. He grinned. “You know why.”
“Stiles told him.”
“Stiles wasn’t going to keep his mouth shut. I’m grounded for a month. I don’t have my phone either.”
“Well, we’ll still see each other at school. I don’t have to-”
“You do have to go to English, so you will. I’ll just sit in the library.”
“Rosie,”
“Please don’t argue with me, Isaac.”
“Then talk to me.” He got up and came to me, sitting on the edge of my bed.
“Tell me what it was like…when you saw me wolfed out.”
“Wolfed out?”
“That’s what we call it. What’d you wanna call it?” He teased.
“Nothing. Wolfed out is fine.” I giggled.
“Tell me what you saw. How you felt.” He kicked off his shoes and came around my bed. He then laid beside me and I curled into him, even though I was under my blankets.
“I was terrified…I thought you were going to kill me…I thought you all were going to. But…but when I saw your face, when I knew it was you…I just-I couldn’t think anything. I-I barely remember having the courage to run between two of you.” Isaac wrapped an arm around me and pulled me closer.
“Scott and I.”
“I thought I was going to die…the Kanima and then the alpha…”
“Did you recognize him?”
I shook my head. “Only from the murder. I just want to know who he is and why he did it.”
“Some alphas are like that…they’re vicious and cold blooded.” We went quiet, just laying beside each other.
“Isaac, I want to help.”
“You are helping; by cooperating.”
“No, I want to help stop him.”
Isaac sighed. “Rosie, you’re asking-”
“Teach me how to help.” I cut him off.
“Rosie, I can’t teach you things like that.”
“Then who can?”
“Rosie, we’ll talk about it tomorrow.”
“Isaac, you can’t stay the night.” Isaac chuckled, rumbling his chest, and kissed me.
“I’ll be out by the time your father wakes up.”
“He wakes up around five.”
“Then I’ll be gone before four.”
“Isaac.” He kissed me again.
“I want to make sure my little canary gets some real sleep.” I smiled, pressing myself against his side fully.
“Then my wolf should get to sleep as well.”
“He will.” I twisted in his arms and soon was asleep.

“Isaac Lahey! Get the hell out of my house!”
“I’m sorry, sir, I was-”
“I said get out!” Something crashed against the wall and Isaac ducked.
“Dad, please!”
Rosemary, go to your damn room!” Stiles dragged me back.
Dad had found Isaac and I still sleeping that morning when he woke up. He was beyond pissed. He was more like livid.
While the screaming downstairs was loud, Stiles had managed to corral me into my room.
“Stiles, please, we didn’t-” His hand cut me off.
“Get dressed. You’re staying with me at lacrosse practice today.” I nodded. I threw on capri sweats and a tank top before gathering my backpack and following Stiles.
“Rosemary, don’t you expect your phone back for another two months.”
“But-!”
“Go!” Dad pointed out, obviously done with me for the day. I followed Stiles out.
It was halfway to school when Stiles finally said something to me.
“What was Isaac doing in your room?”
“He was just there when I woke up from a nightmare. And-he told me he was going to be gone when Dad woke up.”
“He’s a teenager, Rosie, you should have known better.” Stiles pulled into the school parking lot and I unbuckled my seatbelt, ready to just out quickly.
“I’m sorry I’m only sixteen, Stiles.”
“And he’s seventeen. He should know better.” As he spoke, he pulled into a parking spot and stopped the car.
“Well, talk to him about that. Stop having fights with me when the real problem isn’t me.” I quickly got out of his jeep. He called after me but I keep walking. I was trying to make it to the bathroom before I started crying.
“Rosie,” My arm was caught and I was pulled into an empty classroom. Isaac lifted me onto the closest desk and forced me to look at him. “What did he do?”
“Nothing.” I wiped my eyes. “I won’t have my phone until November.”
“I’m sorry, it’s my fault.”
“No it’s not. I should have made you leave.”
“I really wouldn’t have left.”
“Stiles told me that I have to sit in the stands for practice.”
“I can see you.”
“Isaac, you have to stop coming over at night.”
“So I’m only allowed to see you during the day?”
“Not even then.” My head snapped up and Scott took my arm. “Stay away from her, Lahey.”
“Scott, let me go.” He tightened his grip on me and I winced.
“You’re hurting her.” Isaac grabbed his shoulder and yanked him back.
“I wouldn’t be if you would just leave her alone.” Scott growled, literally.
“Scott, please.” I whimpered, feeling my arm start to go numb. But he let my arm go and pushed me away.
“Go to class, Rosie. I’ll be waiting for you after all your classes.”
“But-”
Go.

♒♋♊

Isaac
I shoved Scott into the wall.
“She’s scared of us and you’re going to try and use that power over her?”
“She shouldn’t be hanging around you.” He shoved me back and I stumbled into the desk Rosie had been sitting on. “You’re the reason for all of this chaos.”
“I am? Or are you? Because you had to go looking for a fucking body in the woods?”
“You went looking for Derek. Don’t talk to me about who was looking for trouble.” He shoved me again but left this time.
The only thing Scott didn’t know is that I knew Rosie’s schedule better than he did. I quickly ran to her first period English class. Her and another girl were the only two in the class, seeing as there was still five minutes before the warning bell would sound.
“Rosie.” I looked in. Her head perked up. “Come here.” She scurried to her feet and I took her hand, pulling her with me into another classroom. It was also empty.
Immediately, I pulled her in to kiss me. Her arms hooked around my neck and I wrapped my left arm around her back and other under her ass to hoist her onto my hips. Her ankles locked behind me and she kissed me back hard.
“Isaac, a month is a long time.”
“Rosie, the formal is next week.”
“Oh my god…” I set her on a desk, like before, and stepped back. “I’m so sorry, Isaac.”
“I’m not going without you.”
“My father isn’t going to let me go. Not after yesterday and this morning.”
“It was two days ago…not yesterday.” I stepped closer, nuzzling her neck with my face.
“Isaac, I want to talk to you about that-” The bell rang.
“I’ll be waiting at your next class.” I kissed her once more, but then pulled her back to her class.
Like I told her, I was waiting inside her next class. When she walked in, she had to cover her mouth to stop from screaming. I chuckled and waited until Scott was far enough to hug her to me.
“What did you want to talk about?”
“You’ll have to come to the library before the end of last period.”
“Alright.” I kissed her once before telling her I’d see her after lunch. I knew that Scott and Stiles would do everything in their power to stop her from seeing me.
And during lunch, I was more than right. Neither Stiles nor Rosie were there.

♒♋♊

Rosemary
“Are you sure you really want to do this? Because this team is pathetic.” I nodded at him. “Rosemary, don’t lie to me.”
“Yea, Coach. It’ll occupy me.”
Stiles had dragged me with him to Coach Finstock’s office. Apparently he and Dad agreed that if I was manager of the lacrosse team, I wouldn’t have time to deal with Isaac. What both of them seemed to forget was that Isaac is on the team too.
So here I was, agreeing to being manager and to helping Coach Finstock.
“Alright. Come here after school, before practice, and we’ll get you started.”
“Alright, Coach.”
“Here,” He scribbled down, nearly chicken scratch, his number.
“Thanks, Coach.” He nodded and Stiles led me out of the office.
“Stiles?”
“Yeah?” He muttered.
“I really, really like Isaac.”
“I know you do.” We were walking towards the lunch room, as if we were going to make it before the bell.
“I just…I keep telling him and myself that I can’t do it…that the monster of him scares me.”
“Does it?” Stiles asked.
“Yea. Of course it does. But I’m scared that he’ll find some better looking, werewolf girl that he can have.”
“You’re the best that anyone in Beacon Hills can get, Rosie.”
“Thanks, Stiles.” I grumbled.
“I didn’t mean it like that. I just-” He sighed. “Isaac would be insane if he thought he’d found a girl better than you.”
“The formal is next week.”
“I know. And we,” Stiles grinned. “Have a game to be at.”
“You’re taking me?”
“I’m dropping you off at Derek’s place.”
“You’re the best.” I grabbed Stiles and hugged him. The bell rang. “I’ll see you at practice.”
“See ya, Rosie.” I quickly started towards the gym, and ultimately, Isaac. But when I got to the gym, he wasn’t there. I changed with the other girls but sat on the bleachers.

I shifted the book in front of me, turning it to write easier.
“You’re intriguing to watch, especially when you’re doing work.” I looked up as Isaac sat in front of me. I smiled, closing the book in front of me. “Very sexy. Determined, it’s a beautiful look on you.” I blushed.
“What did you want to talk about?”
“Two days ago.”
“Oh…”
“Isaac, we didn’t use anything. No protection.”
Isaac sighed, dropping his head. “I know.”
“I’m honestly scared about it.”
“I know you are. But trust me, that anything that might come out of it, I will be here.”
“I just hope it doesn’t go there.”
“I know it’s weird, but wolves can tell these kinds of things, and it doesn’t seem very likely.”
“I hope.” I repeated. He leaned over, kissing me softly.
“Where were you during lunch?”
“Finstock’s office. Dad and Stiles thought I’d be better off as boys’ lacrosse manager. As if it was going to get me away from you.” He chuckled.
“So, should I be calling Ms. Stilinski?”
“Only if I call you Mr. Lahey.”
The bell rang.
“I don’t think it’d be smart if we showed up to the locker room at the same time.”
“I have to go to Coach’s office first anyway.” He kissed me before getting up and leaving. I gathered my books, stuffing them into my bag and began a trudge to Coach’s office.
♠ ♠ ♠
And Rosie's consequences are...! And then she has a nightmare, wakes up and...!
How cute are they?
I hate to make this quick but I'm in a bit of a bad mood and between a big rock and a really hard place right now. So I will leave it at this.

Okay! Now I'm in a better mood. I apologize for the terrible note I left before. Since that, I only wanted two comments before I posted the next chapter and it'll be up tomorrow probably before I go to practice.
I wanted to thank
so delicately.
vasilisadragomir
Crazy Pebbles21
and crimmy for their comments last chapter.
I ask that I get a least one more comment before I post 17 and really piss you off with the Alpha.
please and thank you, forgive me.xx
-Galaxy.