Do You Fear Me?

twenty-two

“We couldn’t track the number, I’m sorry, Rosie.”
“It’s-fine, Dad…it’s fine. I’ll just, delete it and…try and block it…”
“Alright…why don’t you skip lacrosse practice tonight?”
Dad had shown up during lunch to talk to me about the alpha. Well, he didn’t know it was an alpha.
“I can’t. We have a game coming up and I need to be there. Coach is on edge ’cause it’s the Cougars. They’re a good team.”
“I’m sure that he can do without his assistant for a day.” He smiled, putting his hand on my shoulder and hugging me to him. “You’ve have a pretty rough past few weeks.”
“Yeah, but-but practice takes my mind off of it.” Dad sighed, moving back and looking down at me.
“Alright. But you better come straight home after practice. No Isaac today, okay?”
“Alright. I’ll see you later then.”
“Yup. I love you.” He pulled me in to hug me.
“I love you too, Dad.”
“You calling me dad will always be a new sensation for me.” He whispered into my hair. He kissed my head and pulled back. “Tell Stiles to behave.”
“I’ll do my best.” He smiled, taking my answer, and walked off.
When he was out of sight, I fell back against the lockers and slid to the floor. There was a weight on my shoulders and it was getting heavier by the second.
I don’t know how long I sat there, but it felt like forever until a hand was placed on my shoulder.
“Rosemary? Are you okay?” I looked up at Principal Argent.
“I-I’m fine, Mr. Argent.”
“You should be in fourth period.” He said, giving me a nearly concerned look.
“I-I’ll be there soon.” I stood up, taking my backpack with me, to go to the library.
“You know, Ms. Stilinski. There’s no need to lie to me.” Mr. Argent said, taking my shoulder in his hand and pulling me back.
“I’m not lying, Mr. Argent. Can I go to class?”
“No, actually. I’d like to see Ms. Morrell.” He said, looking down at me.
“Ms. Morrell?”
“Yes. The guidance counselor.” He nodded.
“Why?”
“Because. You know something you shouldn’t.” My blood ran cold. “Go, Ms. Stilinski. Now.”
I glanced down the hall and took off running.

“Rosie, why are you really here?”
“I-I don’t know.” Ms. Morrell leaned back.
“Rosie, I’m going to tell you something. Tell me if it’s true.” I nodded at her. “You’re scared right now, Rosie. And you don’t want to tell anyone how you actually feel.”
“You’re right.”
“I know. Who do you have to tell?”
“My dad…my brother…Isaac.” I shrugged.
“Lahey?” I nodded. “Why don’t you tell them?”
“Because they have enough on their plate already.”
“The Sheriff does. What does Stiles have?” Her head tilted to the other side. Her gaze was getting to me.
“Um…I don’t know. His friends, grades, lacrosse.” I said, more asking than stating.
“And Isaac?”
“The same thing.” I muttered, looking down at my shorts.
“You’re lying.”
“Well, I don’t know you or really trust you, so, I think I’m done here.” I stood up, taking my bag from beside me and quickly left the office.
Halfway to the locker room, someone caught me and pulled me back.
“What’s wrong?”
“Ms-fucking-Morrell. And Principal Argent.” I tried shoving Isaac off, but he kept his grip on my arms.
“What’d they do?”
“They’re both analyzing me. Can you let go now?” I snapped. Isaac’s face fell and so did his hands. I quickly walked past him and into Finstock’s office, grabbing the notebook before practically running to the field.
The entire practice, I knew Isaac would look at me, as if asking what was wrong with me. And to be honest, the anger I had displayed scared me a bit. I’d never been so rude to someone before.

“Are you okay, Rosie?”
“No.” I didn’t look at Stiles. “I-I got mad at Isaac today…I think I hurt him.” Stiles laughed.
“You can’t hurt a werewolf, Rosie. Unless you’re a hunter.”
“No, Stiles.” I snapped. His laughter cut immediately and he stared at me, stopping at a red light. “Emotionally.”
“Did you snap at him like you just did to me?” He asked, leaning against his car door.
“Yes.”
“Why?”
“I-I don’t know. Maybe this alpha shit is getting to me.”
“Or maybe you’re just stressed out and taking it out on people.” Stiles offered, but it sounded more rude than anything to me.
“I didn’t ask for your fucking opinion, I’m telling you what you asked.” The light turned green and Stiles pulled off.
“Yup. We’re going to Scott.” Stiles turned the jeep around, heading towards Scott’s house.
“I don’t want to see Scott. Take me home.”
“We’re going to Scott because of this attitude thing.” Stiles said. “So suck it up.”
“Prick.”
“Yeah, yeah.” It wasn’t long before Stiles pulled into Scott’s driveway, beside a Camaro. “Perfect.” Stiles got out and came over to my side, pulling open the door and grabbing my wrist to drag me inside.
“I’m going-” Derek and Scott looked up at me and Stiles.
“Stiles, what are you doing?” Scott asked.
“Help her.” Stiles shoved me into a seat between Derek and Scott.
“With what?”
“That’s what I’d like to know.” I growled.
“Her attitude. She snapped at me and Isaac today. And I think it’s this alpha and all the shit surrounding it.” Stiles explained, moving his hands to try and show a circle or circuit.
“We…can’t fix that.” Derek said, looking at me carefully.
“Yes you can. Because the alpha is part of it.”
“You think just because I’m an alpha I can fix it?” Derek asked, staring Stiles down like he’s stupid.
“Yes. Yes I do.” Stiles shot back. “Now fix it.”
“It’s not something we can fix, Stiles. She’s just stressed out about it.”
“I’m not fucking stressed out, the thing is harassing me, Scott. I’m a walking talking target for this alpha and he is going to turn me and kill me!”
“Turn you?” Derek asked.
“Yes! Are you deaf!?” I snapped, also snapping my head to him.
“Maybe she needs to be locked down on the full moon.”
“Bullshit. I’m going home.”
“Sit down.” Stiles pushed on my shoulders. “Lydia’s party is in two days. The formal is in four. There is no way in hell she is going to act like this until the alpha is dead.”
“I’m sorry, Stiles…” Scott said, sitting back. “I can’t help.”
“I wasn’t invited to a party?”
“You’re going anyway.” Stiles said, almost ignoring me.
“You know, if you’re gonna be a prick, I’ll just stay at home.”
“Can you please stop being a bitch?” Stiles said. Scott and Derek stared at him, shocked he had that kind of anger in him. “For like ten minutes?”
“I want to go home.”

♒♋♊

“Why isn’t Isaac coming?”
“Because it’s the full moon. Derek has to try and control them for their first full moon together.” Scott explained.
“Sounds stupid.”
Rosie, just try and have fun tonight.”
“Maybe if my brother wasn’t stupidly in love with some girl that he’ll probably never get, I could be.”
Stiles had kicked me out of his car, claiming that his present for Lydia was in the car and there was no room for me. So I had to ride with Scott on his bike. I’d rather have gone with Allison, but no, Stiles said Scott.
I wasn’t too happy about Isaac’s absence either. I really wanted to apologize to him for how I treated him.
“Hey, Rosie.” I hugged Lydia, hearing her say something about punch. It was probably spiked, but if Stiles was going to drink it, (when he got inside at least), I was going to too.

The party was nothing like Lydia had planned. Allison was trying to convince Scott and Stiles that they needed to help her, but Scott had a pretty good point.
Lydia had ignored Stiles for nearly ten years.
But Allison got them good; it was their werewolf shit that got her here.
So the boys had invited anyone they could to the party, the lacrosse team and some girls…men, from a club called the Jungle. But even with more people, I felt more and more bored with the party. Lydia had been known to throw parties before, but they were never a fluke like this one.

So I stood in the corner, sipping bored at my cup of spiked punch, playing with a petal that had been in the punch.
“You look lonely.” I glanced over, a boy I’d never met before smiling at me.
“No. Just bored.” I muttered, turning my head from him.
“I’m Matt.”
“I don’t give a fuck.” He glared at me. I waited a moment for him. “Seriously, go.” He got up, stalking off towards Allison. Should have warned her.
Goddess…foolish little girl…listen to me.
I dropped the punch.
Oh, Goddess, Goddess, Goddess. You think you’ve got it all under control, don’t you?
“Well you don’t!”

I gasped as a hand wrapped around my neck, yanking me back into the house. I let out a scream but no one seemed to hear.
“I’m going to kill you and I’m going to enjoy watching you die, just like your mother, Rosemary.”
“Let me go, please, please let me go!” I began crying, begging the alpha.
“I can’t let you go, Goddess. I have to finish what I started. And you are the final missing piece, Goddess.” He tightened his grip on my neck, never once letting me see his face. “I’m going to bite you and snap you neck. Just like your little sister.” He growled, panted into my ear.
“Are you ready, Goddess?”
No! Stop! Please, stop!” I felt him bite at the back of my neck, feeling it snap under pressure.
It was suddenly gone. The hand from my neck, the bite on my neck. The feeling of my neck snapping.
I was fine. I grasped for my neck, trying to feel out hands and fingers on it. But there was nothing. No one even seemed to notice my state of shock and terror.
“I-” My mouth was dry.
I sank to the ground, crying, holding my arm tight over my eyes, trying to get rid of the visual of my own death.
“Rosie.” The voice was soft, but I knew it.
I threw my arms around Isaac’s neck and he pulled me into the dark with him. He wiped at my tears.
“I-Scott-the full moon-”
“I know. I’m fine. I got an anchor, Rosie.”
“Wh-what?”
“I have an anchor to myself, Rosie. You. You and my Dad.” I tried to fight a smile on my face but it shined through.
“That’s-that’s a weird combination.” He gave me a smile back.
“I know. But it keeps me grounded. I have to get back.” He unwound my arms from his neck and turned to the woods again.
“Isaac!” He turned back. “I’m sorry. I’m sorry for how I acted. I love you.”
“I know you do. The full moon makes us all crazy.” He blew a kiss to me and ran off into the trees.
The weight on my shoulders lifted some. It wasn’t gone, but I felt better.
I turned around to see Scott dunk Stiles in the pool and Stiles suddenly came to. I rushed over to them, hugging Stiles and telling him that I was sorry for how I acted.
No, no! Stop! Don’t throw me in, please! I can’t swim!” We all turned to the pool, seeing someone barely surface and the sink again. I couldn’t move.
But Jackson reached in and pulled him out, revealing it to be Matt, the creepy kid who’d tried to talk to me before. Matt glares, hard, at Scott, Stiles, and I before storming from the party, Jackson following like a loyal dog.
Suddenly, there were police sirens screaming around the party.
“Go!” Stiles pushed me forward and we took off running towards his jeep. I barely got in before he pulled off from the curb.
I looked back, to see Scott standing still, watching something. I followed his gaze and for a split second, I see Matt standing, the Kanima at his feet. I gasped, but Stiles kept driving.

♒♋♊

Lydia drug Derek’s large body closer and closer to the hole. The hole was fresh, revealing Peter Hale’s grave and his body.
Lydia grasped Derek’s arm and pulled him closer, laying his arm out into his uncle’s grave. She lays his arm in Peter’s hand, still frozen and dead.
She turned to a mirror, waiting to be tilted the slightest.
She did.
It shot a ray of moonlight to the next mirror and around until Peter’s face was lit with moonlight.
Peter’s hand suddenly comes to life, gripping his nephew’s arm and digging his claws into it. Derek’s eyes fly open, his eyes turning from red to blue.
Peter rose from his grave. Fresh, new, and ready for a battle.
“I heard there was a party.” He smirked wide. “Don’t worry. I invited myself.
Lydia gazed up at him, the man who had been the cause of her disarray.
She’d brought him back to life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 22, a little Lydia, a little Full Moon. What's Rosie's problem? Isaac being cute as ever. Hope you all like it! Thank you to vasilisadragomir, so delicately., cookiebear, cbjfan40, CrazyPebbles21 for commenting.
I'll need four more comments before I post 23
please and thank you.xx
-Galaxy.