The Dare

chapter 19

I was in a shitty mood all day, Mason and Jesse had been trying to cheer me up but it wasn't working. All I wanted was Vic, I figured that out last night when I didn't get any sleep. I hated him for hurting me but I loved him even more to just let him go.

"Just eat a little bit Kellin" said Jesse, "You can't starve yourself because of this" I poked my burger and pushed it away, as if I was going to eat that crap. I sighed and rested my head down on the table, Vic hadn't been in music class today, I think he's avoiding me to be honest but I hadn't seen Mike all day either so they both just might not be here.

"I-I'm just going to the toilet, be right back" said Mason quickly, I looked up to see him go with a frown. He'd been acting weird all day and when I tried to ask him what was wrong he'd hesitate and then walk away with an excuse. The minute he was gone I felt an arm snake around my shoulders.

"Hey kells" said Danny sitting down next to me, I shrugged his arm away and moved away from him. He was really starting to piss me off now, just showing up everywhere I went.

"Piss off Danny" Said Jesse, Danny ignored him and carried on talking to me.

"What's wrong Kellin?" asked Danny I looked at him and frowned, Jesse gave him a weird look probably noting the concern that actually laced his voice.

"What's wrong with him? What's wrong with you?" asked Jesse, I raised and eyebrow and looked down at my burger. I guess I am kind of hungry, I picked it up and took a small bite but I regretted it almost immediately. I spat it out into my plate and wiped my mouth.

"Yeah, the food here isn't so good, I can take you somewhere else to get some if you want? I know this place-"

"What do you want Danny!" interrupted Jesse getting annoyed. "Rude! I was just being nice" he said glaring at Jesse.

"But why?" I asked, he hasn't been nice to me since we stopped being friends which was a long time ago. So why does he choose now to be nice to me?

"I told you, I don't want us to fight anymore-"

"I wasn't really fighting though, you did all the hitting and kicking and shoving and-"

"Yeah and I'm sorry" he said, "can you give us a minute?" he said turning to Jesse who looked at me unsure, I nodded my head and he got up to leave. I'd tell him everything later anyway. I turned back to Danny and he gave me a small smile causing me to roll my eyes.

"Oh don't be like that, I just want to be friends again" he said "I mean sure, I have a lot of friends and they're fun to be with but they don't really understand me ... like the way you did"

Images of me and Danny back when we were friends flashed through my head, everything was okay before it all got complicated. I looked at Danny, I didn't trust him one bit but a little part of me wanted us to be friends again, for things to go back the way they were before it turned ugly. "Please Kellin? What do I have I do to show you that I'm not lying?"

I looked in his eyes for a moment to tell if he was really serious or not, he stood up suddenly and got on top of the table. I tugged at the bottom of his jeans as people started looking, what the fuck is he playing at? "Danny get down!" I whisper yelled, he shrugged my hand away and smiled down at me.

"If anyone touches Kellin! I will fucking rip you apart, got it?" he shouted to the now silent canteen, I felt myself start go red, everybody's eyes were on me and I didn't like it one bit. Danny eventually got down and sat next to me, he raised his eyebrows at me expectantly. "Well?" He said "do you believe me now?"

"Just because you can get other people to stop hurting me doesn't mean that you will" I said grabbing my bag and standing up to walk away, he held onto my arm so I couldn't walk away. "Kellin please? I really want to make things right between us" I could hear the desperation in his voice and I don't know whether it was that or because I just wanted him to leave me alone but I nodded my head.

"Really? so friends?" he asked and I nodded my head again and quickly walked away. I don't trust him and I still hate him but I'm willing to put everything behind us and try. Mum always said that people deserved second chances.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey! Kellin, wait up!" I stopped walking and waited for Mike to catch up to me. me and Mason were walking back home after school. "I'll see you later Kellin" said Mason and he hurried of home.

"Hey, wheres Vic?" he said when he reached me, we carried in walking towards my house and I shrugged my shoulders.

"Don't know and frankly I don't care" I replied, but I of course I cared.

"I thought he'd stayed over at yours last night?" He frowned, I looked at him. I could sense that something was wrong but I wasn't going to show it because once you act like you care you'll end up caring and I didn't want to care about Vic.

"Nope. He didn't even come over, I waited and waited for him but he never showed up" I said starting to feel my chest become heavy now.

"That's weird, he sent me a message saying he was going to your house so you can sort shit out. Oh fuck, you don't think anything happened to him do you?" he asked starting to panic. My breathing became shallow as I thought of Vic possibly in danger, images of him being hurt, laying somewhere unconscious, lost flashed through mind. I couldn't handle it to think of him hurting so I shook my head and cleared my mind.

"How should I know?" I stopped walking and faced Mike who looked scared "He didn't stop to think about me when he hurt me so why should I do for the same for him?" I said angrily and then walked away quickly for home.

I put my headphones in and turned the music up all the way, I didn't want to think about Vic but that was all I was thinking about. I couldn't stop picturing him in my head and everywhere I looked I could see his face. I unlocked the door using the key that I kept under a stone invade my dad ever decided to lock the door when he goes out.

I was once again greeted with silence as I entered the house, I wondered ft a moment where my dad could be but then I realised that I didn't care. I dumped my bag down my door and went into the kitchen to get a glass of water. I kinda liked that I was alone in the house, I don't have to watch my back all the time to make sure that he wasn't there. I put the glass down and took my phone out, a message from Jesse asking about what Danny wanted at lunch and a missed call from an unknown number. I quickly replied to jesses message and ignored the unknown missed call, I don't bother with unknown numbers, if someone was going to call me they'd have my number and I'd have theirs.

I went upstairs into my room and dropped down on my bed, what should I do? there was absolutely nothing to do! Its times like this were I actually missed Vic. My phone started ringing and I glanced down at it and saw Mikes name light up the screen, I let it ring and ignored it. I wasn't in the mood to talking to anyone and defiantly not Mike. My phone rang a couple of times and then and unknown number started ringing me, I frowned and picked it up. Maybe I should answer, it's not just a coincidence that Mike would call me and then when I don't pick up an unknown number would.

"Hello?" I answered the phone and a woman started talking loudly and quickly in a different language. Spanish I think?

"Give me the phone, let me talk to him" I heard another voice that soon recognised as mikes. that must have been his mum then but why was she shouting down the phone?

"Hey Kellin, listen err ... Vic's missing" he said and I sat up straight away.

"Missing? What do you mean, I saw him yesterday" I replied trying not to sound too worried.

"Vic isn't like this, he'd never go off anywhere and not tell anyone. Are sure you he didn't come over last night? Did you see him at school today?"

"I'm pretty sure if know if he was in my house" I said rolling my eyes "and no he wasn't at school either, well not in music anyway but I haven't seen him" I said getting if the ed and walking downstairs, I couldn't stay still, the beating of my heart wouldn't calm down. I heard mike swear and then he sighed

"Okay, I'm sure he's okay anyway. Me and my folks are gonna give it another day before going to the police, if he doesn't show up then they might want to talk to you, you know ask questions and shit?" He said more calm but still blatantly nervous.

"Okay, he'll be okay... I'm sure of it" I said more to comfort myself rather than Mike, he hung up the phone and I stopped moving and sat at the table in the kitchen. Mike is right, this really isn't like Vic at all. he'd never just disappear, he always told someone where he was going. I felt my chest tighten as I thought of Vic and where he could be, Fuck! I bought my fist down hard in the table as I once again thought of how much I loved him. I stayed sitting there for god knows how long thinking of all the worst possible scenarios and then hating myself for doing so.

There was banging at the door that brought me out of my train of thought I stood up quickly and rushed to open it, hoping that it would be Vic. I opened the door and was attacked by a pale dark haired boy, Mason wrapped his arms around me tightly and sobbed into my shirt. I was shocked and didn't know what to do so I just slowly held on to him and rubbed his back.

"What's up Mason?" I asked and pulled him away after I felt small damp spot in my shirt.

"She's gone!" he cried, "S-She left me, Kellin! They're b-both gone!" I could just about understand him and I looked at confused. "What?" I asked "Who's g-" I stopped my sentence as suddenly realised who he meant. I turned around and ran upstairs, I threw open the door and looked around. the room still looked the same but when I opened the wardrobes and drawers they were empty. I made my downstairs again and looked outside, the car was gone too.
♠ ♠ ♠
only a few more chapters until this is finished