The Dare

Chapter 21

"Come in" I said holding the door for him, he cautiously stepped inside the silent house. He looked awful, like he'd been crying but I didn't care, I only needed one thing from him. We went into the living room and I sat down in the sofa.

"Sit" I said patting the empty spot next to me, he sat down at the other end of the sofa and looked at me nervously.

"So, what did you do today?" I asked trying to make conversation, he looked confused for a moment but then his expression changed to a blank one.

"Nothing really" He shrugged "Why? ... why did you call me? what do you want?" he said sighing and looking a little sad. I was kinda shocked actually to see him like this.

" I said I'd me your friend right? Friends hang out together" I said with a smile, he frowned and then looked around the room as if he were looking for something. His eyes finally landed on mine and I felt my smile falter a little but I quickly took care of it.

"Where's Mason?" He asked slowly and my heart beat quickened.

"Home? how am I supposed to know?" I said nervously "Do you want a drink?" I asked changing the subject and heading to the kitchen before he could answer. I got a cup from the cupboard and opened the tap so it would drown out the phone call I was about to make.

"Hello?"

"Are you there yet?" I asked quietly

"Yeah, I'm just waiting to speak to someone, is Danny there?"

"Yeah, you better hurry up, I don't like having him here, he makes me uncomfortable"

"Okay, well someones coming now, I have to go but I'll call you when we're on our way"

"Just get the police here so they can take this bastard away" I said getting angry at the thought of Danny hurting Vic, my Vic. I hung up the phone and filled the cup with water then turned of the tap.

"You getting the police on me?" said Danny when I turned around, he was standing at the kitchen door looking right at me. I froze where I was and shook my head.

"What? I don't know what your talking about" I said and mentally slapped myself for letting my voice go high so Danny knew that I was lying. neither of us moved and I was beginning to get more and more and scared although it didn't look like he was going to hurt me.

"I let him go" he said leaning on the door frame "I honestly didn't mean for things to get this way" he said quietly and closed his eyes. "He loves you"

"I know" I replied but my heart jumped a little at his words.

"Look Kellin, I'm sorry, everything I've ever done to you and how I treated you, I'm really sorry" He said quickly walking over to me and holding my arms, I tried to move back but he didn't let go.

"I ... I love you" He chocked out as tears started falling silently down his face, I froze. I didn't know what to say or think.

"W-wha-"

"I-I never stopped. I know that when we were together I didn't tell you that as much as I should have but, I do"

I stared at him, not speaking. what are you supposed to say when someone who you've just called the police on tells you they love you? Especially if that person was once you ex? I removed his hands from my arms and took a step back, I almost felt sorry for him, he looked like hell.

"Err... right, well, Danny you know that I love Vic" I said "I mean obviously I'll still always feel something for you but... that something isn't love" I felt guilty for telling him that even though I knew I shouldn't. it's not like he made it clear to me that he felt that way anyway. He nodded his head and backed away until he was leaning against the door frame again.

"I know" he replied more quietly "I guess I always knew ... but I just couldn't let you go. You were my first love Kellin and I treated you horribly. I swear if I could go back in time, I would" He was crying softly now and I could see the pain on his face.

I stepped closer to him and I don't know what made me do this or why but I knew that I had too. I moved in to him and kissed him gently on the lips, he kissed me back immediately and that's when I pulled away. He looked at me with a half shocked expression, all the good memories I had of him surfaced in my mind and couldn't help but smile.

"I forgive you" I said "but I don't think we should be friends, I'm sorry" I said taking a step back, he nodded his head and leaned against the wall.

"I understand. I think- I think I might go live with my dad in Pennsylvania for a while" he said closing his eyes and taking a deep breath. We stood in silence for a while until the sound of a police car could be heard getting closer. Danny's eyes shot open and for moment he looked frightened and then his face changed into one if no expression.

"I'm going to go to jail aren't I?"

I bite my lip and thought for a moment and then shook my my head.

"Not if you go now" I said "I could tell them that you'd left when I was in the toilet and I don't know where you went" I said quickly

"No, no I deserve to go to jail. If I escape then they'd probably come looking for me, and my parents would carry on looking for me too"

We stood in silence as the sirens got closer and closer, my heart was beating fast but I don't know why. It wasn't me who was in trouble but I was still scared for Danny.

"Will you visit me in prison?" asked Danny, I hesitated for a moment. I really wasn't looking forward to doing that, I wanted him out of my life for good but I felt sorry for him at the same time.

"Er... if I find time, I don't think you'll be in jail for long, they'll only keep you for a day or so until they get your parents" I replyed. He only had Vic hostage for a day and half and he was the one who let him go so I doubt he'd go to jail or juvie. Just then the door was flung open and in walked in a police man and mason following close behind, the police man held a gun and he pointed it to both me and Danny.

"It's that one" said mason pointing to Danny, the gun was directed to Danny and he put his hands up as a sign of defeat.

"Right on the floor, hands behind your head" said the policeman gesturing with his gun, Danny got slowly to the floor and put his hands behind his head. The policeman knelt down next him with one knee in Danny's back and started searching him.

"Did he hurt you kid?" he asked looking over to me, I shook my head no and watched as the policeman handcuffed Danny and got up, dragging him up with him as he told him his rights. Danny's eyes moved to Mason he smiled.

"Ratted out by family, thanks a lot cuz, I see who won't be getting a Christmas card this year" He joked. Mason looked uncomfortable and I felt bad for him so went to stand next to him and took a hold if his hand. Danny's smile slipped of his face as the police walked him out of the kitchen and outside.

"We'll need you two down at the station for questioning while we investigate the situation" said the policeman, he put Danny in the car and locked the door then turned to us.

"He's let him go, he let Vic go just before he came over" I said hoping it will help Danny even in the slightest bit.

"We'll still need to search his house and dig deeper into this" he said getting in the car and starting it up.

"Thank you officer" I said and gave him a small smile, I looked to the backseat where Danny was and watched as the car drove away. I turned to mason and he hugged me tight, we stood there for about a minute until we finally went inside I could tell that the days ahead weren't going to be easy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's been a week since Danny was taken by police, they only kept him for four days until he was allowed to go home although he got fined and has to go to a therapist and do community service. the police told him that if he does anything again then he'd definitely be going to jail. His parents weren't happy either (obviously) and I heard from mason that they're sending him to boarding school after his time doing community service is done.

I wanted to call Vic but Mason had told me to wait and let him be with his family for a bit. Mason had moved in the following day of the whole Danny thing. We both slept in my room with mason on a mattress bedside my bed, neither of us wanted to go into my dads room just yet so this was the other option, not that I minded. We'd only been to school once too but I left early because it didn't really feel the same without Vic or Danny.

I looked at my phone again for the hundredth time, I was contemplating on whether I should call Vic or not. He'd have had plenty of time to be with family by now right? oh fuck it, I thought as found Vic's name and called him. I tapped my leg impatiently and bite my lip, the phone rang a couple times before it went to voicemail. I immediately felt stupid for even having thought of calling him but I wasn't going to give up, I called him a couple more times and each time it went to voicemail. I sighed and decided to call mike instead

"Yello?" He answered

"Hey Mike!" I said smiling even though I knew he couldn't see me.

"Kellin, dude! Haven't heard from you in a while, how's it going?"

"Good, everything's good" I said

"Listen, I heard you called the police on Danny. Thanks for helpings us get that dick put away"

"No problem, you know he's not actually in jail though right?" I said trying to make conversation.

"Well he should be. Tryna' steal my big brother away, the knob"

I laughed and decided to take that as my cue to ask about Vic. "So how is he?" I asked "Is he doing okay?" I asked probably sounding a bit desperate.

"He's alright, he acts as if nothing has happened which I guess is kind if a good thing you know?"

I nodded my head and then replied 'yeah'.

"So ... so is he, like, does he- has he said-or mentioned any-"

I was interrupted by Mike laughing, and I felt my face go red from embarrassment, thank god we weren't talking face to face.

"Oh my god! Kellin!" He laughed "just call him, he hasn't stopped talking about you since he came back!" he laughed.

I felt my heart jump at his word, Vic was talking about me? "What did he say?" I asked a small smile playing at my lips.

"To think, I actually thought you were calling to talk to me, why don't you call him and find out- better yet here he is now"

"No! Mike no!"

"Hello?" Vic's voice sounded out through the pone he sounded confused until I heard mike say it was me. "Kellin?"

"H-hi" I stuttered after a moment of silence, my heart was racing it felt so good to hear his voice again.

"How you been?" asked Vic hesitantly

"Good a-and you? Are you okay?" I asked

"Yeah, I'm doing good" He replied before we fell into silence again. There was so many things I wanted to say to him but they didn't really seem appropriate to say over the phone.

"Hey, Urm, do you want to come over?" I asked holding my breath, waiting for his answere. A moment went by without him saying anything and I almost thought that I'd done something wrong already but he said yes.

"Okay ... cool, I mean, I'll see you, when you get here" I mentally slapped myself for not acting calm, Vic chuckled and we said our goodbyes and hung up. I took a deep breath and tried to calm myself, Vic was coming over, Vic is on his way right now

"Mason!" I shouted, I stood at the top of the stairs and listened for the shower, after I was sure he was finished I ran up them quickly and knocked on the door.

"Mason!" I knocked on the door rapidly until it was flung open by a pale by with a towel wrapped around him.

"What?" he asked turning around and going back into the room.

"Hurry up and get changed Vic is coming over" I said going over to the mirror and checking my hair.

"What? did you call him?"

"Yes" I turned to face him, he was putting his shirt on. "Well no, I called Mike and he gave the phone to Vic. Now hurry up, I don't want you here when he comes"

"Oh thanks, I mean I didn't help him with the whole Danny issue or anything" he slipped in his boxers under his towel and then put his jeans on. I grabbed his shoes by the bed and handed them to him.

"Jesus! calm down Kellin, I'm going"

"Sorry, just hurry up" I said waiting for him to finish putting his shoes on, I followed him downstairs and just when he was about to open the door he stopped and headed for the kitchen instead. I groaned and followed him.

"What are you doing now?" I asked, he smiled and moved his hair out of his eyes which didn't do anything because it just returned to his face again. I he poured a glass of water and stood there drinking it, I tapped my foot impatiently waiting for her took slow sips from his drink and I knew he was doing it on purpose to annoy me so I grabbed it out of his hands and put it in the sink.

"Geez, I really hope you get laid tonight" he said smiling and walking past me towards the door. I rolled my eyes glad the he was finally leaving, I followed him to the door and he opened it and walked out just as Vic's car stopped outside the house. I couldn't take my eyes of him as he stepped out the car and locked it, he looked so good and I hadn't seen him in ages so obviously I was nervous nod scared about what he would think of me. I smiled at me and the butterflies in my stomach threw up, I stood rooted to the spot as he made his way over to us. Mason was still standing by the door also looking at Vic but I didn't care that right now.

"Hey" he said when he reached us and before I could stop myself or think about even replying him I found myself moving forward and into his arms, my lips landing on his.

I was glad that he kissed me back instantly otherwise I would have looked stupid. It felt so good to back in his arms again and I had missed his lips on mine so much, his arm were wrapped around my waist tightly and my fingers wove into his hair. Fuck! I had missed this so much, forget air all I need right now is Vic and his goddamn mouth. His tongue slipped into my mouth and moved around with my tongue deepening the kiss. I don't know how long we stood there for but eventually he had to come up for air.

We were both breathing heavily and staring at each other, I rested my forehead on Vic's and he held me tighter. I swear I have never been happier in my life just to be held by someone.

"Hi" I whispered

He smiled at me and closed his eyes then pecked my lips a couple more times before pulling away a little. He looked around and frowned and so did I, mason was no longer standing next to me, I looked down the road and saw him just as he turned the corner and smiled. He was a good friend and really good at taking hints when needed.

"Shall we go inside?" asked Vic and I smiled and nodded, I took his hand and lead him into the house.