The Dare

Chapter 23

"Well, I'm glad you two had time to talk" said Mason putting air quotes around the word 'talk'. I smiled and kissed Vic's cheek, he was snoring quietly, sleeping after our little activities. I don't blame him for being tired after our third round.

"Don't worry, I only came up for my headphones, which I should have done an hour ago before you guys started going at it" he said searching through his things for his headphones.

"Sorry" I blushed and smiled at the memory

"No your not" said Mason looking at my smile, he found his headphones and was about to leave when I stopped him.

"I just wanted to say thanks" I said "for helping me and Vic"

"That's okay but it was mostly you who did all the work"

"No, mason, I don't think I would have made it this far if it wasn't for you" I said "you helped me more than you think, I probably wouldn't even be here if it weren't for you" I said honestly. When I had lost Vic I thought about killing myself everyday, my life was such a mess and I thought that It would never get better but I knew I had look after Mason because it wouldn't have been fair to leave him.

Mason smiled and then walked out closing the door behind him, I think he knew what I meant, he's such a smart fucking kid.

"Are you okay?" I turned to look at Vic who had a frown on his perfect face. I smiled and nodded my head and lay back down to snuggle up next to him, he was so perfect.

"Hey, we should probably talk now right?" asked Vic looking down at me, I frowned a little and shrugged my shoulders. I don't want to talk, I don't want to be reminded of the things that happened.

"Come on kells, we have to talk sometime" Vic sat up and I sighed and copied him. I got out of bed and picked up my boxers which lay on the floor. I threw Vic his clothes and we got dressed.

"What do you want to talk about?" I asked sitting on the bed opposite him.

"Everything" Vic sighed and held his head in his hands "Okay, first of all, Kellin ... I love you" I smiled at his words and felt my face grow hot.

"The time I spent trying to get you back, It was because I love you not because of the ... dare"

I looked down at my hands and played with them, I didn't want look at him.

"When we broke up, it literally broke my heart-"

"You seemed fine when you were talking to Mike" I interrupted remembering him laughing at me.

"No! I wasn't laughing at you I swear, I would never do that! I wanted to pull out of the dare because that night when you told me you loved me, I ran away because I realised that I loved you back and I just didn't know what to say"

Vic took my hands in his and I looked down at them. "Why did you do it in the first place?"

"I dunno" he shrugged his shoulders "I was new and I guess I wanted to fit in with everybody else. Do you know how hard it is to be an outcast?"

I looked up at him and frowned, of course I did, I was the only outcast there everybody hated me.

"Right, sorry" mumbled Vic when he realised what he said. I rolled my eyes and gave him a small smile to let him know it didn't matter.

"Whatever, I forgive you anyway but... I-I think that... we should just stay friends?" I said raising my eyebrows.

Vic froze and looked at me with wide eyes, his mouth was slightly open and it seemed like he stopped breathing for second.

"What? W-what do you mean?"

"Friends" I said with blank expression

"What?- No! Kellin no, I love you, you said you forgave me. I won't hurt you again I promise, please..." his eyes started to water and I couldn't handle it any more, as much as I wanted to carry this on for a bit longer I just couldn't take the look on his face.

I jumped on, wrapping my arms around his neck and smashing our lips together, he fell back onto the bed and I straddled him. Vic looked confused and I giggled at his cute little face until a look of realisation crossed his face. He smiled and I kissed him again moving my mouth on his eagerly, I licked his bottom lip and Vic parted them slightly. I spelled my name out with my tongue and pulled away slowly biting his bottom lip gently.

"I love you Victor" I whispered, "I love you so fucking much" I said kissing his face all over, he held my hips and flipped us so he was now on top of me. I smiled and then pushed off of the bed so that I was back on top of him. I pinned his hands to the bed to stop him from moving even though Vic was physically stronger than me and could push me away easily if he wanted.

"I never want to lose you" I kissed his lips and then pulled away "Ever" I kissed him again and this time I kept my lips on his for longer.

"Oh come on guys, you can't keep doing it every second" I pulled away from Vic when I heard Masons voice, he walked in to the room and was looking through the wardrobe for something.

"Have you seen my- wait, course you wouldn't have, you've probably not left that bed in the last four hours" he said with his back to us. Vic laughed and threw a pillow at him even though he was right.

"Thanks for helping me by the way" said Vic, Mason turned around and smiled at him.

"No problem, even though he'd already let you go before our plan could take place" replied mason, he picked up a shirt and then smiled at us before walking out the room and shutting the door behind him.

"Are you hungry?" I asked Vic, feeling my empty stomach growl quietly.

"Yeah and I'm looking at dinner right now" he smirked pushing me back onto the bed, I laughed and pushed him away when he went to lie on top of me.

"Stop, your like a fucking rabbit" I laughed getting out of bed and walking to the door, we walked downstairs together and were greeted with Mason who was just about to leave the house.

"Where are you going?" I asked

"Oh, err, one of my friends invited me over for the night" he said blushing a little

"Is it a boy?" asked Vic and Masons usually pale cheeks turned a bright red, It was cute. He nodded his head and was gone out the door with a quick bye.

"How cute" said Vic as we walked into the kitchen "looks like Mason might have a boyfriend"

"That's good" I replied taking out a can of beans and a few pieces of bread. It wasn't much but it was all we had at the moment.

"Kellin?" asked Vic, I turned to face him and smiled, he was so cute and I was happy he was okay.

"So, what was the deal with you and Danny?" he asked, I sighed knowing that he was gonna ask that question soon. I really hoped we could skip it but I don't want to keep anything from Vic anymore especially with what had happened.

I sighed and sat down at the table opposite Vic, where do I even start?

"Well, a couple years back, me and Danny were really good friends, like, we did everything together" I said "But then there was this party ... and we got a bit..drunk? I guess? Anyway we were in Bens bedroom and we were just fooling around and we started kissing"

Vic frowned when I said that but I sighed and carried on anyway.

"Danny didn't know what to do because he never kissed another guy before so I told him I'd show how him how and... things got a bit carried away and we ended up on the bed with me on top of Danny-"

"Okay you can skip that part" interrupted Vic with a grimace on his face.

"No no, just listen, Ben and some other people who were at the party walked in on us before anything could happen. I guess Danny kind of freaked out because he started pushing me and calling me names... telling everyone that I tried to rape him. He really hurt me

"Everyone turned against me and would beat me up everyday, even Danny. But then after a few weeks he started finding ways to get me alone and he'd kiss me and stuff. Then he'd make do things and threaten me or bet me up if I didn't"

Vic laid a hand on mine and I continued.

"We started dating for a while, in secret, and he was really horrible to me. He made me think that nobody else would want me and feel really bad about myself. I broke up with him about a few weeks after my mum left and he was even more horrible to me after we broke up, I think he was just angry, but he calmed down a bit although the bullying didn't stop .... but obviously he still wanted me since he took you" I said laughing a little trying to lighten the mood but it didn't work, Vic didn't laugh, he looked to be thinking hard about something.

"He was mentally unstable you know?" he said after a minute, I nodded my head and looked down at the table. Danny used to have these little breakdown moments where he'd talk about hearing voices and he'd just completely destroy everything and anyone in his path.

"Maybe this wasn't all his fault" said Vic "maybe it was ... the voices he heard, in his head. Maybe, I'm not trying to defend him or anything"

I nodded my and we sat in silence for a few minutes, just thinking. I wasn't blaming this all on Danny, I knew what he was like so I couldn't put it all down to him and even though I hated to admit this but there was a tiny part of me that kind of blamed Vic for this.

If he had thought for himself and not accepted that dare then none of this would have happened. But I could also have never met him and knew him the way I did.

"You think this my fault don't you?" said Vic breaking me out of my thoughts.

"What? No, of course not"

"Don't lie Kellin, I can read you like a book remember"

I sighed "Well if you hadn't taken that dare then things would probably have been a lot diffrent" I said quietly

Vic sighed and bought my hand to his lips, kissing it gently.

"I'm sorry I hurt you, babe, I really am" he rubbed my hand with his thumb and sighed again. "I don't know what to do to make you forgive me"

"Well, you can start by-"

I was cut off by the sound of a phone ringing, Vic's phone to be precise. He frowned and took out his phone, I noticed his face turn to a blank expression when he read the name that was on the screen.

"Who is it?" I asked craning my neck curiously towards his phone but he held to his chest so I couldn't see anything.

"No one, just Mike. Wait here, I'll be right back" he said quickly standing up and walking out the back door, shutting it hard behind him.

That was strange, if it was just Mike then why did he pull his phone away so I couldn't see the name? and why did he have to leave the room? I know we're supposed to move on and forget about what happened but I can't, what if he's going to hurt me again? Once you've been hurt by someone you love so much it's not easy for you to just trust them like you used to.

I stood up from my chair and walked to the back door, I was about to open it when it flung open. Vic came back inside and took his car keys from the table.

"I'm really sorry Kellin but I need to go" he said quickly.

"What? Why?" I asked, well whined more like.

"Mike needs me for something... family stuff you know?" he said walking towards the front door, I followed close behind him.

"Well, can I come with you? Maybe I can help" I suggested really not wanting to be apart from him so soon.

"Sorry kells, you can't. I'll be back tomorrow okay?" he kissed my lips briefly before slamming out of the house in a rush. I went to the window in the living room and saw him sat in his car with his head rested on the steering wheel.

What is he doing? I thought he was in a rush to get home. I decided to find out and went to the door, I opened it and Vic looked my way and then his head dropped back onto his seat. I walked up to his car and tapped on the window gently, he didn't move so I tapped again and he pressed the button that opens the window without looking at me.

"I thought you had to go?" I questioned, he lifted his head slowly and looked at me.

"I do" he said after a moment but he made no attempt to start the car and drive of.

"Then go" I said tilting my head to the side and frowning.

"Kellin" he sighed and rested his head back in the wheel. "I need to tell you something" he said quietly.
♠ ♠ ♠
this story is almost over, about one or two chapter left.
I apologies for this fic turning into crap but it's my first one guys
come on, give me a break
I'm kidding I know it's bad and i'm glad It's almost over tbh