‹ Prequel: Superstar

Speak Now

4

"If you love him, let me know Lex, it isn't fair to me", Michael said as we got into our hotel room after the wedding. After I got back from talking to Patrick, Michael was really quiet and I worried that he saw the kiss.

"Of course I love him", I said, "but I love you too Mike"

He shook his head, "I love you so much. So much Alexis", he said cupping my face, "but you're not in love with me. There's a difference between loving someone and being in love with them. And because I love you, I think we should stop seeing each other"

I blinked away my tears, un sure of what to say.

"I'm flying out tonight, I saw you kiss Kane earlier and I called my manager", he said.

"I'm so sorry Michael", I whispered as he pulled me in for a hug.

"Don't be", he smiled, "my first love died in a car accident when I was 19 and I know how it feels to be without the person. Yours is still here and I'm not gonna keep you away from him no matter how much I like you."

"You're seriously one of the greatest people I know", I said honestly into his shoulder and I relaxed as I felt him laugh.

He pulled away from our hug and grabbed his bag, "Call me if you ever need anything, I'll always be there", he said hugging me one last time before leaving.

I sighed loudly as I collapsed onto my bed. What did I do to deserve such shitty luck with guys. I changed into shorts and a big tshirt and decided to go to bed.

_____________

I miss you shithead, come to practice and we'll catch up

I woke up to find a text from Corey. I laughed and forced myself out of bed to get ready, I haven't seen my brother or talked in a while and I knew I owed it to him. I got dressed http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=91024217 and headed to the cheesecake factory where we decided on lunch.

I was sitting at the table alone, when I heard the booth behind me start whispering about the blackhawks being here; sure enough I looked up to see not just my brother, but some of the team trailing behind him.

"I thought I was having lunch with my brother", I laughed as all the boys squished into the booth.

"You are, and with some extended family", Jon smiled.

"So catch me up, what'd I miss".

"A lot.", Hossa laughed , "Tazers got a girlfriend, I got a girlfriend, hell Shawzys even found someone", Corey laughed, "and now you're with a Ranger"

"False", I said and all the boys faces scrunched in confusion, "We broke up last night"

"Lex what the hell are you ok", Corey asked me protectively.

I laughed and shrugged my shoulders, "I'm fine its not like we were in love"

"Girls are heartless", Saad said as we all laughed.

I rolled my eyes good naturedly as all the boys agreed.

Lunch was nice and I'm glad I got to catch up with a lot of the guys. The conversation flowed easily almost as if nothing happened. Soon the bill came and the guys left, leaving just me and my brother.

"Why'd you break up with Del Zotto?", Corey asked as we drove home.

"He broke up with me."

"But why?"

"He knew I didn't love him and said it was unfair to keep me away from the person I really love", I mumbled.

"You still love him, after all the shit he's put you through." My brother said, saying it more as a statement rather then a question.

"I can't help it."

My brother sighed loudly as we entered the parking garage to his building. "He still loves you too you know, actually I don't think he ever stopped. He hasn't been the same since you left."

"I think I just need some time for myself, you know? Just to focus on me and what I need. The past year has been hell for me and I think I just need to focus on what's good for me. Obviously I love him too, but I don't know if I can trust that he won't leave me like that again, and if my heart breaks one more time, I don't think I'd be able to handle it", I said as I got out of the car.

Corey agreed and we headed up to his apartment. We decided to just do a brother/sister night and stay home and watch some movies and talk. I'd be back in New York in 2 days and I didn't know the next time I'd be in Chicago so I wanted to spend it with the people I loved.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ah you guys are seriously the BEST readers ever, I love reading your feed back so much, it makes my day:) Sorry for not updating sooner, I broke my laptop but its all fixed now so I'll be back to normal updates!