Status: Active

Homemade

Padlock

Her birthday was coming up and Harry persisted on getting her the most incredible gift ever, however, he was at a loss for what to get the girl who hated birthday gifts. The constant pestering was smothering, but it reassured Charlie that Harry cared about her.

"So what do you want for your birthday, Charlie? It is tomorrow after all." He asked hopefully, half-expecting a sarcastic response.

She cracked the muscles in her neck, a habit Harry hated and smiled. "I want to be happy." Just as Harry was about to beg for a real answer, she added, "With you."

A couple hundred miles later, they arrived in front of the Pont de l'ArchevĂȘchĂ© right above the Seine River. Harry absentmindedly placed his hand into the pocket of his jacket and took out a padlock and its key. His view shifted from the lock to Charlie who wore a bewildered expression.

"I was reading an article on an airplane once and it was about this bridge. Couples - young, old and new - put locks on the bridge as a sign of their love. Then they throw the keys into the Seine so that they can't take off the padlock regardless of the condition of their future, in terms of their relationship." Harry spoke calmly, but inside he was belligerent.

Charlie's face remained blank and he was quite scared of what her reaction would be. He'd been waiting to have someone like her for ages and wanted to physically lock their relationship, as is, on the bridge. He wanted to be happy. With Charlie.

Harry watched Charlie as her face softened into a smile and reciprocated her appearance. "I'll lock it and you can throw the keys into the river," she said, smirking. "Got scared for a minute there, Har'?"

"Never with you." He handed her the padlock and as their hands touched, Harry felt electricity. Not the shock kind, rather, he physically felt the love they shared. Their souls intertwined and everything felt perfect.

With the snap of a lock and a simple throw, the couple felt as if they were one. "You know what I was thinking, Harry?"

"What?"

"Well, I think we should get tattoos."
♠ ♠ ♠
I just want to say I'm very sorry for how long some of y'all waited for this update. I was on vacation and had no internet connection up there so thanks for sticking with me to those who stuck around. I love you lot so much.