Romance Is Dead

Chapter 4

Ok that’s just unnerving. It got silent for a while, until the bell to go to class scared the living shit out of me and Sophie. I never told her I saw a boy in the window next door. She look like she would shit bricks.

So the rest of the classes was kind of boring nothing interesting really happened. Just the regular: Science, English, Physical Education, blah, Blah, blah. After school ended, I spotted Sophie talking to some guy. She looked red in the cheeks and looked timid talking to him. Aaawwww, she likes him, how cute. As she and the guy say their good byes, I quickly walked over to her giving her a smirk look fluttering my brows at her. “Who’s that cutie?” ”Oh, that’s Dylan, he’s pretty cool-” “cute too.” She looked at me suspiciously, “don’t worry I’m not interested, I don’t take others boyfriends… Do you like him? Because your red all over,” I just chuckled. “No!… he’s not my boyfriend,” she hesitated. “do you want him to be? Do you at least like him? He looks like he likes you.” ”No… yes…… maybe,” she mumbled. “Well, if you do you might want to go for it before Cassie and her little posse decide to snatch him up,” I said turning to Cassie’s direction. They already started to talk that Dylan and then me and Cassie locked eyes, giving each other dirty looks. God her attitude and actions was disgusting to me. Her eyes come off of me to past me, I look to the side to se the same guy from this morning walking up to me. I turned to Sophie, “ Seriously, this guy really don’t take no for an answer,” I whispered. She just shrugged. “Hey!” A deep husky voice said behind me, “So, I just came over to say sorry about this morning, it was really out of hand,” he says scratching his head. His apology looked sincere, but I know not to let my guard down. “Umm, let me introduce my self the right way, I’m Jason.” He hands his hand out for me to shake, I just stared at him, back to his hand , then back to him, and returned the hand shake. I wasn’t really sure about this guy but it was whatever. “Well, hello Jason. I’m glad you thought about your actions.” “Me, too.” He smiles at me, but it wasn’t like an sarcastic smile more of an relief smile. “Sssooo, where you heading?” ”Home,” wishing I was there now and not here. “O- oh yeah… umm… I’m throwing a party this weekend I was wondering of you want to come, just to get to know you out side of school.” “That’s if Sophie can come, too.” he looks over my shoulder and waves at her, “Hey… sure, the more the merrier,” he chuckles. “Than I will see you at your house.” he gives me an folded paper, “its my address and my number, can’t wait to see you there.” he says with a smirk on his face, I actually thought it was cute. But, I’m still keeping my eye on this guy. “OMG! I’ve never been to a party!” “You can thank me later , right now I have to pick up my sisters,” I say as I try to ease my way out the school doors.

I got to my car and quickly drove off. If I was late picking my little sisters up they will have a fit.

I finally pulled up to their school. Jamie has her arms folded with an annoyed look on her face, “you were almost late,” she growled at me. “Sorry, I got caught up with something, I’ll make it up to you, ok?” “Sure, I already know what I want,” her and Alice looked at each other with devious smirks on their faces. “I don’t know what you guys are up to but it better not be bad.” ”Oh, its not,” Alice says. Sometimes think they get the look from me, I just hope they don’t turn out to be like me. Lets just say I’m not such a good role model. “So, how was your guys day at school?” “It was fine, nothing special, you know.” Jamie says with her head down. “trust me I know. No one did anything to you, right? Like bullies?” “No,” she sighs, “I just miss my friends back home.” “you and me both. But, its ok, things will get better for us ok.” “Do you miss Samantha, Liz?” Alice says with her cute little voice. “Yea I really do.” ”She was cool.” Jamie always looked up to Samantha. If I was her I would too. She was a perfect best friend.

We finally pulled up to the house. My sisters got out, but I just sat in the car for a while before getting out. I came into my new home being greeted by my wonderful mothers smile, “Hey Hun, how was school?” “it was good. I encountered a witch and her evil minions, but other than that it was fine. How about your day?” She giggled a little before answering, “well as you see I’m still trying to get the living room set up, but I’m almost done.” I always loved seeing my mom smile it warmed my heart and calmed me. As I was about to head for my room, “Oh Autumn! Just to tell you the internet and stuff is on-”I cut her off , “OH THANK GOD! I’ve been waiting for an message from Samantha !” I quickly ran to my room opened my laptop and checked if my computer was already connected. I opened my internet browser and went on face book and I had a few messages and notifications but I ignored them. I found a message from Samantha! I was so excited, I really don’t know why.

~Samantha: Hey! Did you make it? How was the travel?

I typed back hoping she was online.

~Autumn: Yea I did! And the travel was ok you know how that goes.

~Samantha: OMG! Did you start school yet?

~Autumn: o yea I did … I had to get past a few demons, if you know what I mean lol.

~ Samantha: oh yeah I hate starting in a new school, you have to deal with new bitchy bitches…

~Autumn: yea but trust me, im no wimp. They tried to mess with me, didn’t work out for them. But I met a guy and a new friend.

~Samantha: What?! What’s his name, what’s her name? is he cute? don’t replace me.!

~Autumn: of course I’m not going to replace you that easy, lol… her name is Sophie. And yea he’s cute, his name is Jason… but he’s a jock =/

~Samantha: Aaawwww Sophie that’s a cute name, lol. And what your not into jocks! You despise jocks… but any ways, I’ll talk to you later I have to go my lil sisters having her play to day.

~Autumn: How cute, supportive sister you are. Well I talk to you later.

(Samantha Offline)

Man miss that girl *sigh*. It was starting to get dark out and the sun was setting (I love to see the sun set), so I changed into a pare of shorts and a tank top. I went out into my back yard and sat in a swinging couch (idk what to call it lol) that my mom must of just ordered. I was listening to my music, just losing myself in it. I saw a light flicker in the corner of my eye. It was coming form that house next door. I slowly got up and went into the house. I saw mom grab her purse, “Mom, were you going?” “I was just about to go to the store.” Alice and Jamie ran in, “Mom can we go with you?” Mom sighed, “Yes, sure.” you can tell she was tired. “um, Autumn do you want to come also?” “No, I’m fine, I’ll stay,” She rushed out the door. I hear the car pulled off as it fades. So what to do. And then something popped in my head ‘Jeff’. walked in my room and opened my laptop, opened Google. Typed in ‘Family killed by guy named Jeff’. I didn’t know what was going to come up. I knew nothing about this town or this, I assume, killer. And then a picture of a guy with black rings around his eyes and a cut smile, pale skin, but you can tell it was photo shopped. It was really scary looking though. *CRASH*!! I here a shattering noise in the living room. I quickly shot up of my bed and was panicking. Do I really have an intruder in my house? Now?!