Romance Is Dead

Chapter 6

It was already morning and I’m so not feeling the need to get out of bed, But I just know my little sister is gong to run in here waking me up. I slowly stumble out of bed, hoping not to fall flat on my face. I do my everyday routine, brush teeth and hair, make-up, blah, blah, blah. I put on my leather leggings, a black crop top, and combat boots. Me and my sisters made our way to the car…

---------------------------------------------------

As I make my way to my usual spot in the parking lot at my school, I see Cassie and her followers by the enter to the school. “Ugh, not to day please.” I whisper to myself. I was about to head to the door when a strong arm wrapped around my shoulders. “*Sigh* What do you want Jason?” “Is that anyway to talk to your new friend.” I just glared at him, “I don’t think I ever said we were friends,” I just chuckled. “Aw man, my feelings are really hurt,” he says sarcastically clenching is heart, “Anyways, your still coming to my party right?” He stares at me for awhile waiting for an answer. “Y- yeah, I actually forgot all about that.” we as right in front of the main doors, I just know those girls was eyeing with dirty looks, I can feel it burning in the back of my head. He turns to me, eyes at full contact, “Well, I really hope you come, I’m really looking forward to seeing you there.” I wonder what kind of bread of jock is this, not you usual. “I’ll make sure I have nothing to do this weekend,” I pat him on the shoulder, god this guy was solid. He opened the door for me, looked over to Cassie which was giving me a snobby look. What’s up with this chick, its not like I want Jason, he’s not my type.

I make my way to Sophie, we thought it would be better if we walked together to class. “Hey Sophie… um, what’s wrong?” she didn’t look so happy when she looked at me. “I can’t go to Jason’s party.” “Um, ok, that fine. Maybe next time,” I have a feeling this has something to do with her parents, parents know how to be fun killers. “My parents wants me to stay home and baby-sit. But don’t worry about me, there will be others, just have fun,” she smiles at me, but I can tell behind that smile she really wanted to go. We finally got to our first class. Its funny how I still get stares like they’ve never seen me before, ‘I was just here yesterday people, get over it’, I just yell n my head.

(skipping to lunch)--------------------------------------------------

Sophie and I sat in the same place as yesterday. “So, have you asked him out yet?” “Who?” She knows who, “You know who… Dylan of course,” she blushed at the sound of his name. “*Sigh* No, I cant bring myself to do it.” “Well, get to before I do it for you,” I gave he a devious look. “You wouldn’t.” “I would.” we just stared a each other for a moment, “Fine… I’ll - do it tomorrow.” “Good,” I say giggling at her red face. The bell began to rang and we began to precede to our boring classed like normal teens.

When school was over I did what I’m going to have to do for the rest of the year… Pick up the kiddies. Nice.

I parked in my drive way while my sister get out. I just sat in my car with my eyes closed, thinking, today wasn’t as bad as yesterday. I just felt really relaxed. Sun was setting, my favorite part of the day. *Knock, Knock, Knock* I quickly open my eyes to see fucking Jeff knocking at my window. What could this asshole really want, “Go Away!” “Come on sweetheart, I just want to talk,” he says smirking at me. What would he want to talk me about?! I don’t know if I should trust this guy, he’s a damn killer! He could end my life if he really wanted to. I didn’t open the door for him, I just got out, “What do you want Jeff?,” I just walked over to him carefully, hoping he doesn’t attack me like last night. “ Like I said yesterday, I’m not going to kill you, no need to feel cautious.” “I don’t know if I can trust you.” he wholes his hand out to me, I guest to shake? I just raise my eyebrows at him, not knowing show to feel about this. “Um, I’m obviously not good at this… uh, sorry about yesterday.” I hesitated shaking his hand, “Why are you apologizing? I’m confused.” “I-I just … *sigh* I don’t know,” he retracted his hand, “If you don’t want to except it, I really don’t care.” I looked at the ground for a second, maybe he meant it, “I except.” he looked up at me, behind those black eyes, he softened. It was … kind of cu- What am I saying! He’s a monster! Come on Autumn, straighten up. “Good,” he had an smug attitude. He starts to walk around, “I can really have some fun with you.” “And what is that supposed to mean?” I gave him a look of disgust. “What ever you want it to mean. Your cute.” “I’m flattered but I’m not interested, okay.” What is he doing? “How do you like being tied up?” he moves in close to me. ”Excuse me?! Are you fucking serious right now?” I took a few steps back. “Relax. I’m joking, not my kind of thing.” “God, your weird, can I go now? Because this conversation isn’t not going anywhere,” he backs away from me. “Bye Autumn, see yea soon,” he says waving his knife at me, he would me the death of me, literally. “Bye, see you in my nightmares,” he chuckles at my reply, I rolled my eyes and quickly got to my door. Before I turned the knob I looked back at him, he was gone. I wish I would of asked him why he really didn’t kill me. The Something didn’t seem right . The way he spoke to me. Just shrugged it of and went to my room, just wanting to sleep. I showered changed and remember I had homework. Ugh! Homework.

Jeff POV

I watch her has she walked to her door, I just couldn’t take my eyes off of her. She was… different, nothing like any other girl I’ve known. She was tough, not easily scared. Autumn. I’ve had thoughts of slowly gutting her or making her choke on her own blood. But, I can’t bring myself to do it, no matter how much I wanted to.

I enter my home, putting my knife on the living room table. I can really use a drink right now. I went in the kitchen, reaching for a bottle of whiskey that was on the counter. I took a swig of it. This is the best way for me to get my mind off of certain things, things that also involved that girl. I thought to myself ‘I really need to kill, if I don’t I will go beyond my insanity’ . I drunk the last drop of liquor I had. I picked up my knife off the table and headed for the door.

“Who will be my next victim tonight? An whole family would do,” I say chuckling at myself.