Status: active

Decemberunderground

37mm

Davey hadn't seen Avery in a few days and that worried him. He was afraid he had scared her off. Normally, he liked the solitude; no one could hurt him again that way; but with Avery, it was different. He longed for her presence beside him. His heart ached for her soft kiss. He was falling in love with her, and it scared him.

To clear his mind of things, he took a walk in the powdered woods where he had brought her; where they shared their first intimate moment: a single, but life changing kiss. He pushed the long, hanging branches aside and the snow tumbled down his tweed coat sleeve to the blanket of snow underneath his feet. As he pushed the next set of branches aside, he saw someone standing a few feet ahead. Their back was turned to him, and they had a black coat on with a large hood draped over their head. He slowed his pace as he watched the figure carefully. He slowly moved closer until a branch snapped underneath his foot, and he stopped in his tracks. Normally, he was the one scaring people away. This time, he was the one feeling scared.

The hooded figure turned around and a gust of wind blew the hood off their head, revealing Avery's stunning ivory skinned face. Her dark hair blew behind her and contrasted with the pure white snow all around her. Davey was shocked to see her, but still kept a solemn facial expression as her green eyes pierced his soul.

"I didn't expect to see you here." He said simply as he approached her. He kept his hands locked together behind his back, holding up the wall between her and his most vulnerable side.

She shrugged. "I told you I like this place." She reached for his hands but he resisted. She sighed, frustrated by his guard. "Why do you do this? Bring your secrets to me. Just give me your hands and I'll let you feel the wounds they put in me."

"You wouldn't believe the things I told you." He shook his head slightly. "If you'd believe me, I'd tell you everything."

Avery searched his eyes for a sign but his eyes had gone back to cold, dark brown stones, framed by his elongated lashes. "Press me to your lips and I'll suck the poison out, just like last time."

The temptation to shatter the wall was strong but something told him to keep his guard up for now. There was no telling what she could do to him. After all, she was Miss Murder.
♠ ♠ ♠
Super short update I know but I needed to move the story along and I also jUST SAW AFI LAST NIGHT AND OMFG IT WAS AMAZING AND SO YEAH I'M HAVING REALLY BAD CONCERT DEPRESSION AND I NEEDED TO WRITE FOR SOME THERAPY