Status: Active

You're Not Quite Satan

Chapter 12

Tay's Point of View

It was about 7:30, so I decided I'd change out of my skinnies and get ready for tonight. I rummaged through my bag and pulled out some sweats and a crew neck, pulling them on and going to the front to talk to the guys for a bit, not really paying attention to the conversation as my flipping stomach made it hard to concentrate.
Finally, I told the guys where I was going and got off the bus, walking the short distance to the guys' bus and waiting, arms crossed over my chest as I tried to stay warm in the unusually cold weather. The sun was still up for the most part, illuminating the bus I was next to as well as throwing shadows over everything.
I glanced up as the door to the bus opened and out popped Alex, wearing a baggy hoodie and jeans. He instantly smiled as he saw me waiting there, looking a little surprised. Did he honestly think I was low enough to stand him up? I couldn't blame him if he did.
"Hey," he said and came over to give me a hug that I hesitantly returned.
"Hi." I said awkwardly as I pulled back, crossing my arms back over my chest.
He watched me for a minute, a little nervous. "Okay, let's go." he said and took my hand with a smile before pulling me to the back of the bus.
"Where are we going?" I asked as he stopped next to the ladder.
"Here. Okay, I'm going to climb up and then I'll help you." he explained and I nodded, stepping back as he clambered up the bus before leaning down, reaching an arm out. I took it and he pulled me up onto the roof. Brushing off my clothes, I stood up straighter and looked around, taking in a sharp breath as I glanced at the pillows and blankets set up there, with an acoustic guitar, iPod dock and a bag of chips set to the side.
"Wow…" I whispered to myself as I glanced around the bus. I had to admit, this was pretty amazing.
"You like it?" he asked nervously as he stood beside me, watching my expression.
I gazed up at him with a shy smile. "Yeah, it really is something." I said softly. Alex grinned down at me and pulled me to sit next to a mound of pillows.
"I figured we could sit up here, wait for the sun to set and just have a night to get to know each other." he said with a small blush.
Blushing myself, I nodded. "It doesn't sound completely terrible."
Alex ran a finger through his hair before reaching for the guitar. "I know you left a little early last night," he started and I looked down guiltily. "It's okay. I just wanted to play something for you," he said before strumming it a few seconds before starting.
I watched him for a minute as his fingers switched through different chords before he finally started. "Lazy lover, find a place for me again. You felt it once before, I know you did. I could see it…" he started, not taking his eyes off mine as he gave me a breathtaking smile. He played for a while longer until he stopped and gave me a shy smile. "What did you think?"
"It was really good," I admitted honestly. He'd always been a good musician in my opinion, I just never liked his personality.
"I'm glad you thought so," he said with a light chuckle.
I nodded and nudged his foot with my own. "Sing something else?" Him singing was a way to keep the tension low as I didn't have to say much, so I urged him on.
"Anything for you," he murmured and started to play a song I recognized instantly as the one he'd dedicated to me last night; Somewhere in Neverland. As soon as the chorus hit, his voice filled with a lot more passion than he'd used before, eyes closing as he got engrossed in the song. I couldn't help the small blush that crept onto my face.
The song faded out and he opened his eyes, smiling at me as the last chord rang into the air. "Did you like that one?" he asked quietly. At first I didn't even hear him, but as he glanced at me I realized it had actually left his mouth and not been something I just imagined.
"Yeah, I did." I nodded, brushing my hair in front of my face to hide the blush that remained.
"Good, now it's your turn." he said as he handed the guitar to me with a smile. I took it hesitantly and held it awkwardly.
"I don't play guitar,"
"Try."
Sighing, I adjusted it in my arms and strummed once to get a feel for it before realizing I didn't know any chords. "No, seriously, Alex. I don't play guitar."
Alex chuckled. "Here, I'll help you." he said as he stood and went to sit behind me, wrapping his arms around me. I tensed up and was about to push him away, but stopped myself. I had told him I'd give him one chance. Besides, it felt kind of nice to be in his arms, so I let myself relax.
Alex took that as a sign to go ahead, so he moved his arms from my waist to put one of his hands over each of mine. He moved my left hand on the neck to press different strings in different places, holding them down as he held my other hand and made me strum once. "There's your first chord. It's an E minor." he explained and I nodded.
"Okay… Next?" I asked, refusing to let myself lean against his back.
He chuckled at what I assumed he thought was my eagerness and moved my left hand again. "There's your next one, an A chord."
We sat like that for a while, him adjusting my hands every once in a while to play different chords I wasn't paying attention to. I couldn't focus anyway; his closeness mixed with the confusing chords made it almost impossible to.
I was brought back to reality when he spoke. "Okay, we're going to put those together now." he said and gave my hand a reassuring squeeze.
"You know there's no way I'm going to be able to do that," I said, a nervous laugh leaving my mouth.
"Doubting my teaching skills?" he teased. "I'm kidding. I'll help you, so don't worry."
"I- Okay." I sighed and gave in, watching as he moved my hands repeatedly to different notes and I vaguely recognized the tune. I listened more intently and everything cleared up when the first line of the song left his mouth.
"I've gotta say something I've been thinking about…"
Shit.

-

A/N
I know it's not that long but if I kept this entire scene together it'd be a lot longer than I'd like. Sorry guys. Also, I know she can play guitar but I did it for the fic so please don't send me messages about it. Thanks for reading, and thanks for those of you who leave those sweet comments ^.^ much appreciated!
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't want this to be stolen, so Copyright 2013©

Thanks for reading!
Follow me on Tumblr: xxashley6xx.tumblr.com
I follow back ♥