Status: Active

You're Not Quite Satan

Chapter 14

Alex's Point of View

My heart practically stopped when I heard Tay speak, and I'd almost thought I'd heard wrong. "Seriously? You mean that?" I asked, not taking my gaze from hers.
Tay bit her lip. "Yeah, I mean that." she said quietly and my features rearranged into the biggest smile I've had in a long time.
"Well then, Miss Jardine. I'd like to make it official." I said, sitting in front of her and brushing a piece of hair behind her ear, "Tay, will you do me the honor of being my girlfriend?"
"Yes, Alex. I will be your girlfriend." she replied, her own mouth tilting up into a shy smile. With that, I pulled her closer and connected our lips passionately, one of my arms wrapped around her waist while the other one went up to cup the side of her face lightly. My smile grew even bigger as her arms went up to wrap around my neck, only making me pull her closer.
Tay and I kissed for a while after that before we both pulled away to take a much needed breath. She glanced up at me through her lashes, a light blush painting her delicate cheeks. We stared at each other for a while before she pulled me back to lie down on the blankets and pillows I'd set up. After a while of talking about nothing important, I felt Tay shiver.
"Are you cold, Tay?" I asked softly and she nodded. I kissed her hair lightly before pulling a blanket over her small frame as she rested her head on my chest like she did when we slept together.
"Thank you," she murmured and I shrugged it off. I stared up at the stars illuminating the night sky with a smile still on my face. After a long, relatively comfortable silence, Tay spoke. "The stars are beautiful." she murmured.
"So are you." I know it was a cheesy line, but I couldn't help it. She really was beautiful, and I couldn't get over the fact that she'd finally said yes. I glanced down just in time to see her hide her blush. I brushed some of her hair from her face and kissed her head again.
For the rest of the night, we talked about everything, from the tour to what I knew about space. Usually this would be saved for Jeff, but she seemed genuinely interested. I went on and on until she was nearly asleep and sighed. As much as I didn't want to say goodbye, I knew it was time.
"We should probably get you to bed before you pass out on the roof." I said softly with a small chuckle. Tay sat up a little and stretched before nodding.
"Thank you. For tonight, I mean. It really was amazing." she said shyly.
"Don't thank me. If I have any say, there will be a lot more of these, only better." I replied, smiling sweetly at her.
Tay glanced up and gave me a gentle kiss before pulling me up. "Need help carrying the stuff back in?"
I sighed as I looked around at all the stuff I'd brought up for the date. "Here, I'll get down and you can toss it to me," I told her as I moved to the ladder.
"Alright." Tay nodded and waited until I had climbed down before throwing the first two pillows down.
I called Jack out to come grab some of the stuff, handing it to him as she threw the blankets down and handed the guitar to me slowly.
After I'd handed the last few things to Jack, I looked up at her. "Alright, now jump down." I said with a small smile.
"Are you crazy? I'm not jumping down." she said, wide-eyed.
"It's alright, I'll catch you." I held out my arms as I glanced up at her reassuringly.
"Promise?"
"I promise."
She took a huge breath and dropped down to sit on the edge before slowly lowering herself down and letting go. I caught her easily, laughing at how light she was. Her arms went to wrap around my neck as if she was scared I'd drop her and I chuckled before lowering her feet to the ground and letting her go.
"See? I didn't drop you."
"You could've." she pointed out and I shook my head with a smile as I wrapped my arm around her waist and lead her back to We Are The In Crowd's bus.
"I'll see you tomorrow. Have a good night, okay?" I said softly as we stopped just outside the door.
Tay nodded with a small smile. "Alright you too,"
Slowly, I lowered my head and pressed our lips together, the only light coming from the moon and the small light above the door. It was like we were back in high school, kissing on the porch after a night at the movies. And honestly; it couldn't be more perfect. That was, until the door opened and someone cleared their throat, causing us to both jump away from each other with a small blush on either of our faces.
"It's getting late." Mike said, giving me a small glare that I avoided looking at again.
"Yeah, I know. Goodnight Tay." I said softly, kissing her forehead before turning to walk back.
"Goodnight, Alex." I heard her faint voice call to me as Mike pulled her onto the bus and closed the door.
Sighing, I went back and opened the door to my own bus, sitting next to Jack and resting my head in my hands. "What's up with you?" he asked.
I glanced up at him, staying silent for a moment before speaking. "The date was perfect. She said yes,"
"Then why don't you look happy?"
"I'm pretty sure Mike has an issue with it. I know he's not a huge fan of me in the first place. I can't blame him, though. I was a douche to Tay."
"He'll get over it, once he sees that you're not like that anymore." he said encouragingly.
"I hope so."

Tay's Point of View

"You seem to have forgiven him quickly," Mike pointed out with his arms crossed.
I shrugged and nodded. "Yeah, I guess. He asked me out." I told him, figuring I had to let the guys know eventually. I couldn't avoid the lecture for the rest of my life.
Mike looked at me, wide eyed. "You're kidding." he said, shocked. "What did you say to him?"
"I said yes." I said simply.
"Tay!" Mike said, anger in his voice.
"Mike!" I mimicked. "What's your issue?" I asked as I pulled him to the couch to sit down, bringing my knees to my chest as I sat down beside him. "Honestly, why are you so angry about it?"
"Because, Tay. We all know what's going to happen." he said, voice softening as he put his arm around me.
"And what exactly do you think is going to happen?" I asked as I leaned into him lightly.
"He's just going to use you while the tour is going on and then break your heart and go back to Lisa. It wouldn't be the first time it's happened, Tay. He's using you for the time being so he's not lonely on the tour. I just don't want to see you get hurt anymore."
I turned to face him slowly with a smile. "I really appreciate you looking out for me, Mike. But he's really not that bad once you get to know him."
"I do know him, Tay. And I'm not the only one who agrees that all he's going to do is fuck with your emotions, the rest of the guys agree."
"Look, Mike. It's my relationship and my life. I appreciate you guys looking out for me, I really do. But I'm twenty three years old; I think I can handle it if we break up." I explained, not wanting to dwell too long on the idea of them breaking up. For hating him for so long, I really did have strong feelings for him after tonight. I didn't want that to end, especially not the way Mike was hinting at.
"I just don't trust him, Tay." he sighed.
"I'll take my chances. Good night, Mike." I said and gave him a small hug before heading over to my bunk, crawling in and covering up. As soon as my head hit the pillow, I was asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't want this to be stolen, so Copyright 2013©

Thanks for reading!
Follow me on Tumblr: xxashley6xx.tumblr.com
I follow back ♥