Status: I had this story laying around, sorry if it's not so good, feel free to comment with suggestions :)

Heaven Help Us

You Said You'd Read Me Like A Book

[Gerard]

I woke up to a blur of white light. I looked around for a couple of seconds waiting for my eyes to adjust.

"Thank heavens," A nurse sitting beside me said calmly, "we thought we'd lost you."

"Where the hell am I?"

Dumb question. Nurse, white room, I was obviously in a hospital.

"You're in the hospital, you gave your parents quite a scare, your brother too."

I peered over her shoulder to see Mikey and Frank huddled together across the room and my parents in the corner of the window. A mess of curly red hair flashed before the window. If Ray was here then so was Eliza.

"Are they gonna come see me?"

"Only if you want them to, but it's your call."

I didn't wanna face anybody so I shook my head.

"Alright then," She said flipping her blonde hair,"I'll just let them know you're okay."

Her two red lips parted in a smile and she disappeared.

I leaned back and stared at the ceiling.

[Eliza]

I walked back into the lobby and sat next to Mikey who was still crying heavily.

"Mikey..." I said rubbing his back, "he'll be okay."

I looked over to his parents and they were talking to a nurse. She told them something, from the way Mrs.Way had reacted it was good news. She didn't let them into the room though, but they didn't seem to mind as they walked over to the four of us.

"Is he okay?" Frank asked.

"Y-yes, but he doesn't want any visitors." Mrs.Way said as she held on to her Donald's hand.

I sighed and hugged Mikey, "See,"

I looked over in the room and the lights were suddenly dark.

"We better be getting home Liza,"

I nodded, "Frank you need a ride?"

"Nah, I think I'm gonna stay here with Mikey."

I looked down at Mikey, who still looked shaken up, and then back at Ray.

"I'll let your mom know."

I smiled and sat back down.

**
It had been three weeks since Gerard's 'accident'. I had heard that Nicole had visited Gerard and they talked for a long time, something that angered Mikey because they got into a huge argument when she was leaving. Gerard had been home for about two days and I had been wanting to see him, but I was busy helping Frank make plans for his upcoming birthday, and I still hadn't gotten him a gift. Which was why when Mikey invited me over to watch movies I got excited because I would see Gerard.

Standing at the doorway in the freezing cold I couldn't wait to see Gerard. Mikey opened the door and I smiled faintly. He looked terrible. It was his usual look ever since Gerard had been in the hospital. Messy hair, dark circles under his eyes and his nose was always red, like he'd been crying.

"I'm glad you came, I really needed to see someone." He said still standing in the doorway.

"Of course I'd come, now can you let me in? I think I'm losing toes."

"Sorry,"

I stepped inside and the whole house had this weird vibe. It felt like somebody died. His parents just sat at the living room table and Mikey, he wasn't the same.

"So what are we watching,"

He shrugged, "Gerard has all the movies."

"So you invited me over to watch movies...but you have no movies."

"Well, that's not why I invited you over."

I looked back at him,

"I was thinking, Gerard hasn't come out of his room, he hasn't eaten or anything, he won't come out for me or Franks so..."

"What makes you think he'd come out for me?"

"You're the only other person he knows," He said walking over to Gerard's door,

"Alright, but I don't think he's gonna listen to me."

Stepping down into Gerard's room I felt my stomach churn. I was scared and nervous. I hadn't ever met anyone else who had done it, or at least attempted to.

I stood in front of his bed and took a deep breath. He was turned to the wall. There was a half empty bottle of vodka on the desk and his art was scattered everywhere.

"Gerard?"

He looked up, "Who let you down here?"

"Mikey-"

"What did he make you come?"

"No, I just wanted to see you. See if you were okay,"

I glanced down at his wrist, "Nice bracelet."

"Can you just leave?"

"Not unless you're coming with me."

He groaned loudly.

"You /did/ promise to hang out with me remember?"

"Look, I don't want to see you. I don't wanna see Mikey. I don't want to see anyone right now."

"Tough cookies." I said flopping down next to him.

"What the hell is your problem."

I thought about it, "You know, I'm not really sure."

"Gerard you gotta get out of this room...it smells."

"You don't understand I /cant/."

"Why?"

"You wouldn't understand."

"Probably not, but I can listen."

He turned to me, shifting sides.

I smiled and pointed at my ears.

"Come /on/ Gerard, I don't have all night. You can make this easy or hard for me,"

He flipped me off and I stood up.

"Mikey!" I yelled up the stairs, "tell your mom I'm staying over."

I turned back to Gerard and smirked.

[Gerard]

What the hell is this girl's problem. I thought that you were supposed to let people like me work out issues alone.

"You wanna see something?"

I didn't answer. She dug in her pocket and pulled something out, she held it up and smiled sweetly before throwing it to me.

Eliza Toro-Ortiz, 7-8-93

It was a hospital bracelet.

"Before I came here, I tried to do the same dumbshit you did, only I didn't use the bottle." She said before holding up her her, "I did it the old fashioned way."

You could see the still darkened scars from a rope.

"Why'd you-I mean what made you wanna..."

She shook her head, "My dad. My dad wasn't what you'd call a 'good' man."

"What'd he do."

She gave a half smile and turned to the door," So, what made you wanna off yourself?"

"Nicole."

"A girl?"

"Yeah," I said feeling almost ashamed of my response.

"You tried to kill yourself over a girl?"

"Well I, She-"

"Gerard, you deserve /so/ much better than her...I don't even know her and I can tell that girl's been around the block a couple of times."

"She's not how everyone think's she is..."

She sat next to me.

"Gerard, you can do better. You're an amazing artist, you're nice, and from the way Mikey describes you, you're just an amazing person."

"Mikey talks about me?"

"More than anything else. You're that kid's fucking /hero/. Did you know that? And you were gonna take that away from him...there are so many people that care about you."

I looked down feeling wet trails on my cheeks.

"I'm one of those people..."

I looked up and saw her crying.
♠ ♠ ♠
Next Chapter is gonna be better :D