Status: I had this story laying around, sorry if it's not so good, feel free to comment with suggestions :)

Heaven Help Us

Rainy Night and a Blackout p1

[Eliza]

Gerard walked away confused at what the joke was. I don't think Mikey ever told him about the sandwich. A loud surge of thunder broke our laughter. I peeked out the window and noticed it was raining.

"I should probably go call Ray," I said getting up.

"For a little rain?"

"Well I don't want it to get worse and then I'm stuck here with you two,"

"Chill, worst case scenario, I ask Gee to take you home," Mikey said walking over to the window.

"I'm fucking starving," Frank said to nobody directly.

"Pizza run? I doubt anybody'll deliver in the rain." Mikey said closing the shades.

"Sounds like a plan,"

I stared at the window just as a large flash of lightning struck. The thunder boomed causing me to jump. I would never admit this to the guys but I have a slight fear of thunder, well not so much the thunder as the loud noise.

"You comin'?" Mikey asked heading over to the closet to get raincoats for both he and Frank.

I shook my head, "I don't wanna get my hair wet,"

"I think I have an extra umbrella somewhere-"

"It's fine, you two go,"

They both looked at each other and shrugged before walking out the door.

I sat in the living room alone, kicking my feet which hovered a little above the floor. I looked around the walls. They were each covered with pictures of the family, mostly Mikey and Gerard. They both were really cute babies.

I heard Gerard's bedroom door slam and my attention was pulled in that direction.

"Where's Mikey?"

"Out on a pizza run, Frank too."

"Why didn't you go with them?"

I shrugged, " I guess that wanted some 'bro' time."

He didn't look amused.

I was about to ask him about Nicole, but decided against it because well, I really didn't care all that much.

"So you're just sitting down there by yourself?"

He nodded keeping his eyes in every direction except mine.

"Well," I started,"I could, uh, keep you company."

He looked up and stared at me like a deer in headlights.

I nearly laughed at how awkward he looked, but contained it. He didn't give me a response and I figured if I left it up to him, he never would.
"Come on, it's not like you have dead bodies in your closet," I said walking over to him.

He didn't laugh.

"Wait-/do/ you have dead bodies in your closet?"

"Of course not!"

"Okay then,"

I let myself into his room and immediately smelled sex. I recognized it all too well. It was a reminder of all the rooms in my 'house' back in New York, that sweaty, shameful smell.

"You're really into art huh?" I said looking at newer sketches that were thrown around.

"Uh, yeah, kinda." He said obviously trying to keep his distance from me.

"It's okay I'm not gonna bite you." I half laughed, "you know, unless you're into that kinda thing." I joked.

I turned back to see that he looked extremely uncomfortable.

"So..." I began, not really knowing where to take the one-man conversation.

I scanned the room, which I could see a little clearer since the little lamp had been on. It was a pretty average looking room, posters covered the walls and tapes were scattered in a corner next to a radio. It reminded me a lot of my old room in a lot of ways.

"No fucking way!" I said when I spotted a Misfits shirt. I picked in up and brought it over to him, "you like them?"

"Oh, yeah."

"That is so cool, I love them. My mom would never let me go see them live though,"

"Mine either, Mikey and I have been trying to get tickets to their show for months, but my mom won't let up."

"Parents," I scoffed.

"Yeah."

"You don't talk much do you?"

He shrugged his shoulders and I made my over to his bed. We talked a little bit more, well /I/ talked a little bit more and he mostly just listened, adding to the conversation only when I asked him a question.

"Jeez, how long are they gonna be with that pizza?" I said peeking about the window, the rain was coming down harder and I was kinda worried something had happened.

"Probably a while, they like this pizza from a place out in Hoboken."

"But Jersey's like the size of a pea, they should've been back by now. It's been like an hour."

"They're fine,"

Another flash of lightening came and the room was suddenly pitch black. The following thunder was so loud that I practically jumped onto Gerard.

"Sorry," I said pulling away.

"You're fine, it's fine."

I sat next to him again and stared into the darkness. The light the seeped under the doorway had disappeared and so had the streetlights, it was a blackout. I knew I should've called Ray.

[Mikey]

"So where are you taking Eliza for your date?"

"The Pumpkins are playing at The Alley, so I figured we'd go there."

"How the fuck did you pull that?"

"I've had tickets for months, I was gonna take you but-"

"Am I, Mikey Way, you're best friend since preschool, not as important as some chick with boobs?"

He looked down," grow a D-cup and we'll talk."

I punched his arm causing him to swerve a little.

"Fuck Mikey are you trying kill us,"

"Well if killing you means I get to see the Pumpkins then what has to be done..."

"If you kill me who are you gonna have to hang around?"

"Well I'll always have Gerard, and then there's Eliza,"

"You know no one will ever replace Frank Anthony Iero,"

"Whatever hobbit."

[Gerard]

Sitting in the darkness with Eliza was kinda nice. Even though she was only the second girl I've spoken to since fifth grade, I didn't feel as nervous around her as I did with everyone else. There was just something about her that I just never got from anyone else.

After a while of talking I noticed that she hadn't said anything for a while, I heard her soft breaths and realized that she was asleep. It wasn't too long before I laid next to her and drifted off myself.