Status: Writing :)

Collectively Unconsciously Composed

kiss me again

I groaned when I saw I had a text from Callie, saying that Shannon was pissed and wanted to see me. I rolled out of bed and shuffled over to my bathroom. I shrugged my pajamas off and jumped into the shower.

I showered and dried off quickly, knowing it was a bad idea to keep Shannon waiting. I slipped on a pair of Lulu Lemon leggings and tugged on a new tan jumper from H&M. I grabbed my Steve Madden combat boots and phone before going to the kitchen. Kat was nowhere to be seen, so I assumed she had gone to work early.

I heated up a mug of tea she had left out for me on the counter. I absentmindedly drummed the counter with my fingertips as I waited for my tea to heat up. I was pulled out of my daydream when my phone buzzed.

"Hello?" I asked into the phone, removing my tea from the microwave.

"You have ten minutes to get here," Shannon said before hanging up.

I gulped and set my phone back down on the counter. I chugged my tea, which scalded my mouth. I threw my phone and camera into my bag before I tugged my shoes on and ran out of my apartment.

******

"She is so pissed," Callie warned as I sighed and set my stuff down on my desk. I straightened my jumper before making my way to Shannon's office. I knocked before entering the room.

"You asked to see me?" I asked as she motioned for me to sit down.

"What have you got to say for yourself?" She spat as I gave her a confused look. "Don't pretend like you don't know what I'm talking about." She ripped her laptop screen open to reveal a picture of Harry and I kissing. I inhaled sharply as I read the title of the article.

"Harry Styles' New Girl? Will She Replace May?"

I put my hand up to my mouth as I gasped at the pictures attached to the article. There were photos of Harry and I kissing outside of Giordano's. I couldn't stand to read the article, pushing the computer back to Shannon. I felt sick to my stomach as she began to speak.

"Your actions were completely unprofessional. I cannot believe I trusted you with something this important. I am giving you two options: end whatever you're doing with Harry or get out and don't come back."

********

I furiously wiped at my eyes before approaching the circle of girls around Harry. I knew the puffiness and the red rings around my eyes wouldn't go away for awhile, but I prayed Harry wouldn't notice. I had texted him to meet me at a Starbucks near my office. A group of girls had discovered Harry was waiting there and were currently getting pictures and autographs. I cautiously waited on the outside of the circle, not wanting to interfere.

"Excuse me," a voice as behind me as I turned around. A girl no older than 16 was huddled with her group of friends. "You're Scout right? The photographer?" She asked as I nodded. "Are you okay?" She asked in concern.

"Oh, I'm fine," I said, my voice wobbling. I could tell she didn't believe me but she decided not to push it.

"I think you and Harry are very cute together," she said quietly before returning to her friend group.

I sighed, taking a deep breath to prevent myself from breaking down in front of the small crowd.

"Scout?" A husky voice asked as I looked up.

Harry was staring at me from the center of the circle around him. He had a look of concern on his face, his lips in a frown. I silently made my way through the crowd and practically threw myself at him. He caught me in his arms, crushing me to his chest. I wrapped my arms around his middle as I buried my face in his chest. He rubbed comforting circles on my back as I melted into him. I heard a few girls whispering and others snapping pictures. I squeezed Harry tighter as he comfortingly pressed his lips to the top of my head.

"What's wrong Scout?" Harry mumbled into my hair.

"I just missed you," I said into his chest. I felt his chest vibrate with laughter as he held me out at arms length.

"I missed you too," he whispered as I blushed. "Let me finish up here and we can go."

I nodded before stepping to the side of him. He grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers, only letting go to hug fans. I knew I had made the right decision, but regret gnawed at me.

********

I waited for Harry for fifteen minutes before I claimed I was thirsty and wanted something from Starbucks. He yelled what he wanted over the screaming fans as I giggled and gave him a thumbs up. I walked in and inhaled the wonderful smell of coffee. I ordered my usual white chocolate moch while I just ordered Harry a black coffee.

Not going to lie, but I felt pretty cool picking up a cup that had Harry Styles written on it. I put two cardboard sleeves on the drinks and went back outside to join Harry. I saw he was now standing alone, his back to me. I walked over to him and tapped his shoulder. He turned to face me and squeezed me in a hug.

"It's just coffee, Harry," I giggled as he released me and took his cup. He took a sip and sighed in content.

"It's so bloody cold out here," he said as I nodded and grabbed his hand.

"That's Chicago for you," I smiled as I pulled him down the sidewalk.

Harry and I walked for hours, just talking about anything and everything. It felt so natural talking to Harry, like I had known him my whole life. He made me feel safe, not something I felt very often.

He was rambling on about some film he had seen when I tugged his hand, causing him to stop. The sun had just set as small fairy lights lit the streets. Harry looked nervous as he shifted his weight. What was he so nervous about?

"Harry," I began quietly, instantly changing the mood. "You're leaving tomorrow."

"I know," he said as I frowned.

"But that's just it. You're leaving and I'm staying," I said as Harry sighed.

"Come with me."

"I can't."

"Scout, take a chance for once in your life and just come with me," Harry said as I sighed.

"I-I can't Harry," I stammered, trying to keep my voice even.

"Why the fuck not?" He snapped as I took a step back.

"Because I can't go with you!" I yelled as his eyes widened. "I lost my job because of you! I chose you over my dream job," I said, furiously swiping at the tears that escaped my eyes.

"Why? Why would you do that?" He said as I sniffed.

"Because I like you a lot. It scares the shit out of me how much I like you," I said quietly. Harry bit his lip as if in deep thought.

I always feared he wouldn't feel the same way about me. I knew I was taking a chance when I told Shannon to go to hell. I had worked my whole life to get a job at her studio and now it was gone. I lost everything for a boy who didn't even like me.

I turned to walk away when a hand grabbed my shoulder and spun me around. Harry crashed his lips to mine, my fingers subconsciously tangling in his curls. I wrapped my legs around his waist as he cupped my thighs with his large hands. I kissed Harry desperately, as if he were going to disappear.

"Will-you-be-my-girlfriend?" Harry mumbled in between kisses. I froze as he set me down gently. He cupped my face in his hands as he gently wiped away tears with the pads of his thumbs.

"Ever since the first time I met you three months ago, I felt something. I want to be with you Scout. I know you're scared, hell I'm terrified. But I lov-like you. I like you a lot Scout."

I felt myself blush as more tears escaped my eyes. Harry pressed his lips to my cheeks, desperately trying to get me to stop crying.

"Oh baby, don't cry," he cooed as I let out a small laugh.

I wrapped my arms around his neck as he cautiously wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Just kiss me, Harry."
♠ ♠ ♠
Last update of the night :( I am almost in Florida so hooray! Enjoy the chapter my lovely readers. ALSO before I forget, would my rad readers like my chapters to be longer?