Status: Writing :)

Collectively Unconsciously Composed

storm city

Rain. That’s the only thing the weather had to offer us the past few days. We were currently making our way to Florida, stopping every night to play a show. I personally hated rain, but the thousands of screaming fans didn’t appear to mind as the boys sold out every show. Thankfully every venue had been indoors, but the venue we were currently at had an indoor and outdoor potion with a lawn. I’m still not sure why an indoor/outdoor venue was booked for the middle of winter, but hey, it was a whopping 74° in Miami right now.

I pulled out my camera and frowned as the sky began to darken. I looked down at my outfit and suddenly wished I had grabbed my rain jacket from the bus. I was wearing a pair of denim high-waisted shorts and my favorite Ramones shirt tucked into the top. I had braided my messy blond hair to the side, too lazy and afraid to actually shower at the venue. Management had told us that we were going to have the luxury of staying in a hotel tonight, as the boys had the next three days off. I had decided to just shower in my room that night.

Thunder rumbled in the distance as I wrapped my arms around myself. The concert started in ten minutes and the buzz of excited whispers did little block out the loud clap of thunder that followed a bright flash of lightening nearby. A few girls screamed but I just shut my eyes and tried to breathe slowly. I had never been in a really bad rain storm ever since it happened. I tried not to dwell on the event, but I still occasionally had nightmares. My spirit lifted as I saw the lights go out and heard the screams of thousands of people.

“Hello Miami!” Liam called as a spotlight shined on him. “Thank you for having us! This one’s called Up All Night!”

The boys began to sing as my finger quickly went to snap pictures. I smiled when Niall stuck his tongue out at me as I snapped a picture. It had begun to rain halfway through the set but the girls on the lawn didn’t seem to mind.

“How are you guys out there on the lawn?” Harry called as screams filled the arena. “Not too good I assume?” He frowned slightly as the fans screamed again. “I wish I could give each and every one of you a hug to keep you warm,” Harry said as the girls swooned.

I noticed Harry looked directly at me when he said that, and color flooded to my cheeks. He saw me blush and gave me a dimpled-smile. I rolled my eyes as their next song began. I could feel my heart beating a million miles an hour. I tried to ignore it as I continued to take pictures.

******

“Finally I get to sleep in a fucking bed!” Louis cheered as I giggled.

“A bunk is a bed, Louis,” I reminded him as he rolled his eyes.

“Not the same thing Scout,” he sang back as I bit my lip to stifle a laugh.

“Speaking of beds,” Zayn started as he looked at the five of us, huddled in the front of the bus, “We need to decide who’s rooming with whom.”

“I call Liam!” Niall called as Zayn snickered. “What? He’s the cleanest out of the lot of you.”

“I couldn’t agree more, so I’m guessing Zayn and Louis and Harry and Scout?” Liam said as my eyes widened.

“W-what? Can I stay by myself?” I begged quietly as Harry gave me a confused look.

“What? Don’t want to sleep with me tonight?” Harry said cheekily as I frowned.

“Please,” I said as Harry’s smile faltered. Liam must’ve noticed the awkwardness in the air as he cleared his throat.

“Yeah Scout, I’ll get you a room alone,” Liam said as I let out a breath I didn’t know I was holding in.

We arrived at the hotel just as it began to rain again. I made sure to put my rain jacket on this time before exiting the bus, luggage in tow. Luckily, the fans hadn’t arrived at the hotel yet, giving us some time to relax and wander around. I went straight to my room and immediately jumped in the shower. The feeling of showering in a proper shower was one of the greatest feelings in the world. I was just rinsing the shampoo out of my hair when I heard pounding on the door.

“Scout? Can I borrow your shirt?” Harry called through the door as I froze. My cheeks grew red as I finished rinsing my hair.

“Yeah! Give me a sec!” I called before clambering out of the shower. I dried quickly and frowned upon what I saw in the corner of the bathroom.

The shirt Harry wanted to wear was crumpled in a ball. I knew Harry was probably lounging around in my room, waiting for me to come out and give him the shirt. My cheeks reddened once again as I realized I was only in a towel. I gathered up what courage I had and slowly opened the door. I breathed a sigh of relief when I saw Harry was nowhere to be found. I quickly dropped my towel to the floor and threw on a bra and underwear.

“Holy hell,” I heard someone mutter as I screamed and turned around. I looked to find Harry leaning against the door frame of the adjoining rooms, a cheeky mile plastered on his face.

“Get out!” I shrieked, reaching for a shirt and tugging it over my head.

“That’s the shirt,” he said, pointing to the Ramones shirt I had just thrown on.

“Ugh,” I groaned, ripping the shirt off and tossing it at him. I reached for another shirt in my suitcase and tugged it over my head. I threw on a pair of pajama shorts and attempted to hide the permanent blush on my face. I heard Harry leave as I sighed.

“Nice bum by the way!” He called as I walked over to the door and slammed it.

I shuffled over to the dresser and unplugged my phone from its charger. I climbed into bed and groaned at how comfortable it was. I pulled the covers up and snuggled my head into the pillow. I turned to Twitter and quickly tweeted.

@ScoutItOut: Always lock the door.

I quickly got a reply and groaned at who it was from.

@Harry_Styles: Or not.

I continued to play around on my phone, browsing through my newsfeed on Facebook and replying to a text Kat sent me during the show. I stifled a yawn as I set my phone down on the bedside table and turned out the light. A flash of lightening illuminated the room and a loud clap of thunder caused me to wince. This was going to be a long night.
♠ ♠ ♠
well warped was amazing. lollapalooza tomorrow so no updates until saturday :(