Status: FINISHED | thanks y'all for putting up with me on this story xoxox

The Art of Deflowering

eight

It had been a week and not one word had been said to Stiles. Georgia had wanted to. She found it increasingly hard to ignore him during school, especially the classes they shared together. Sometimes, Stiles wore that wounded puppy look on his face, which in turn made Georgia want to attack him with hugs, but she stayed where she was. She didn’t know what to do with her newfound feelings, so she kept to herself.

Part of her wanted to tell Stiles how she felt, but the other part of her was scared of putting herself out there. It was obvious that Stiles felt something towards her, but what if it was just lust? What if Georgia had scared him away for good after Friday night?

“Are you coming to the game tonight?” Lydia asked, having suddenly appeared in front of Georgia’s locker.

“Hello to you too,” Georgia laughed. “Nah, I don’t think so. You?”

The lacrosse game with some rival team that Georgia didn’t know the name of was on tonight and it was no secret that Stiles was on the team, which was exactly why Georgia wasn’t too keen on going to the game.

Lydia raised her eyebrows. “Why not?”

Georgia shrugged, putting her books in her backpack so she could leave. It was the end of the day, and Georgia had to take Milo to soccer practice before heading home. “Not really my thing.”

Lydia fell into step with Georgia as they walked through the hallways. “Then why have I seen you at previous games?”

It was clear that Lydia wasn’t going to let this go, so Georgia bit the bullet. “Fine. I don’t want to see Stiles, okay?”

“Because of your apparent feelings for him?”

Georgia threw a sideways glance at her cousin. “Was I that obvious?”

“Honey, the whole school knew. Coach probably knew. Even Stiles probably figured it out.”

Georgia groaned. “Jesus Lyds, what am I going to do?”

“Tell Stiles how you feel?” Lydia told her. “It’s Stiles. Look, he can be annoying and more than once he’s definitely gotten on my nerves, but he’s also loyal and protective and extremely smart.”

“And hot,” Georgia added. “He is hot.”

Lydia laughed. “Whatever you say, G. At least think about coming to the game? You know Stiles would want you there.”

“I’ll think about it,” Georgia mused. “Thanks Lyds.”

---

It wasn’t Georgia’s intention to come to the game, but she’d finished her homework by 6.00pm and the clock seemed to tick by so slowly that she thought she may as well turn up to the game. Milo was still at practice and her dad was planning on picking him up and dinner on the way home from work, with her mum still at work, so Georgia didn’t have a choice but to go. It was like fate or some other higher power bullshit was telling her to go, and Georgia figured she may as well go with it.

As she changed into something more comfortable – a pair of jeans and whatever top she could find – she thought about what Lydia had told her earlier. She’d had the week to process her feelings, and she realised that she was in too deep with him to turn off her feelings. Nor was she sure she wanted to forget about her feelings just yet. Stiles made her flustered in ways that Georgia wasn’t used to, but had to admit, she kind of liked it. She liked that Stiles made her blush. Or made her feel soft inside. Or that he wanted to get to know her, when other boys didn’t really care about that stuff.

It wasn’t a conscious decision to wear a jersey with Stiles’ number on it, but once realised what she’d done when arriving at school, she decided that she didn’t care. She wanted Stiles to see it.

The stands were full of people but she spotted an empty seat next to Sheriff Stilinski – not that she particularly wanted to see him since her record was now abolished, but he spotted her and waved her over, leaving Georgia with no choice but to sit down next to him.

He greeted Georgia politely and the two exchanged pleasantries before the match began, but once it started, the two were focused on one person only. Georgia couldn’t help but admire the way Stiles moved. He’d stumbled a few times but Georgia found it adorable – damn it, of course she did. When Stiles managed to score a goal, both Georgia and Sheriff stood up to cheer him on.

“You’ve fallen for my son, haven’t you?” Sheriff Stilinski asked Georgia knowingly. She blushed.

“It wasn’t my intention,” she said, in an attempt to ignore answering the question straight out.

He nodded. “Just be good to him, alright.”

Georgia turned to smile at the Sheriff. “I wouldn’t treat him any other way.”
♠ ♠ ♠
outfit

next chapter is the last chapter!
thanks to everyone who's stuck with this for over a year now (oops) ♡♡♡

also sheriff stilinski just UGH SHERIFF