Status: Updates are about every Saturday. Sometimes if I get bored I'll update sooooo have fun. Hope you enjoy reading this as much as I enjoy writing it!!!

Opposites Attract

Aiden's POV

It was later in the afternoon, and me and my mom were hoping my dad wasn't home. We were going to get some more things of ours. We didn't have a lot of clothes. Once we got to our house, we saw that his car wasn't there, so we ran in and grabbed some things. I saw a car parked down the street, it wasn't my dad's, but it could have been the women he was with. I didn't want to take chances.
"Mom! There's a car outside. It's not his, b-but..." she seems to get the memo even though I didn't finish. She grabs my wrist, and i whimper a little in pain. We go in the car with all of most of our things; we hadn't gotten all the things we wanted. My mother said that we'll come again some other time.

The car seems to be following us and I get worried. "Mom, the car is still following us, w-what are we gonna do?" I silently curse at myself for stuttering.
"We'll just switch lanes a lot. He's such a dumbass he won't be able to keep up" I can't help but giggle. She never would stand up to him. She was going to be so much happier without him, I just knew it. We would get a nice little house, it wouldn't be big, considering she had little pay, but at least we would be together. I smile to myself.

We pull into our motel. We walk past the front desk and into the elevator. "I'm going to take a shower" my mom says as soon as we get in our room. She looked tired, yet there was a sparkle in her eye that I hadn't seen in a long time. As dirty that I felt, I was far too tired to take a shower after her. I lay on one of the small beds and close my eyes. I'm imagining what my father's face looked like when he read the note we left for him. Was he angry, or upset? Would he come looking for us? And if he did, would he try to hurt us, or worse, kill us? I shake my head to get the thought out. There was no way he could find us. Was there?

*******************************Saturday***********************************

I jolt awake to the sound to a phone ringing. My mom is still sleeping, and she has a slight smile on her face. She is probably finally having sweet dreams. We had shared nightmares of my dad, and she must feel so much peace. Oh yeah, the phone.
"Hello" I was surprised at how groggy my voice sounded. Could you blame me? I just woke up.
"Hi sir, this is your wake up alarm for eight-thirty" the man says over the phone. I thank him and hang up. Just when I'm about to just go back to sleep, I remember I have a new job. I jump in the shower, it was so warm and comforting I hadn't realized I was in there for twenty minutes.

"Shit!" I whisper under my breath. First day on the job and I would be late! I dry my hair and brush my teeth. Within five minutes I'm out the door. Good thing this coffee shop was close, 'cause I arrive right on time, nine. A girl that looked to be in her twenties smiled at me and inrtoduced herself as Jenny.
"Oh, this is the most pleasant little coffee shop, it's such a pleasure to look here. You'll love it! It's so peaceful and calm, there are new costumers and then our lovely locals. Why don't I show you how to work the cash register?" She runs off to the back before I can respond. Wow. I'm almost not surprised she works at a coffee shop, she must have had way to much expresso. Jenny comes back with a hat and an apron.

"Here, this is your uniform. Isn't it just the cutest little outfit?!" she bounces a little and tosses it to me.
"Th-thanks" For about an hour Jenny shows me how to work the register. It's not that difficult, really.
"Alright, so you just yell the order back to me and I'll make, easy peasy?" she hops away, again without letting me even answer. I hear the bell from the front door ring. I had taken a couple costumers and i am already loving this job.
"Hello, welcome to-" is that...Makenzie? What is she doing here? I stand there like and idiot and don't say a word.
"Oh, hi Aiden! I had no idea you worked here. Me and my friend" she points at a short, petite girl with perfectly straight brown hair "were just uh around and decided to get some coffee" Makenzie flashes that brilliant smile of hers.
"I, uh, I just s-started today a-and".

"Oh, I see you have some friends Aiden. Why don't you take a little break" Jenny saves me from total embarrassment. She leans into my ear, "Don't worry bud, I got your". She looks at Makenzie And leans in again. "She sure is a pretty one". My face goes bright red.
I go and get changed out of the apron and hat and sit down at a table. Makenzie and her friend start walking toward me. Her friend says something and heads over to where the restroom is. Wait, what! No don't leave me alone! I take a deep breath and close my eyes. Well, here goes nothing.

"So, you just started, huh?" she says, taking a sip of her drink. I nod. She looks at me and doesn't say anything. It was a long awkward silence, until I broke it.
"You're really pretty" I blurt out without thinking. Oh, no. Fuck, what did I just say. I cover my mouth and avoid eye contact. Why was I so stupid?
I hear her laugh. Great, now she thinks you're an idiot. She hates you. They all hate you.
"Thank you. You don't look too bad yourself." What, did I hear right. I tilt my head up to see if ears were deceiving me and suddenly feel her lips crashing into mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. :3 how cute. Yeah so sorry I don't update that much I have been reaaalllyyy busy with things. So yeah hope you like it. Comment what you think. What do you guys think is gonna happen???