Status: Work-In-Progress (Being updated)

One of Us Is the Killer

Chapter 1

'I am pleased to inform you that you've been randomly chosen to embark on a once in a lifetime adventure. On the twelfth of March, if you accept this invitation, you will be flown to Lillian Island, where you will spend, at no cost, the weekend at a new and beautiful 5 star resort. With many amenities like gym and weight room access, pool, spa, sauna and beach-side relaxation, you will be more than comfortable with your stay. Each morning there will be a complimentary breakfast buffet served from 7:00am to 10:00am as well as a dinner menu consisting of delicious entrees every evening at 5:30, prepared to perfection by our talented and experienced high-class chefs. Maids who will clean and tidy your rooms daily do everything to insure you'll never have to lift a finger while staying at our resort, along with everyone in our friendly and knowledgeable staff. If you have any questions, my name is Louise Cogan. Please don't hesitate to call 1-800-555-0000, I will freely answer any questions you may have. We'll see you on March 12th!
-Louise Cogan, Manager of Lillian Island Beach Resort.'

By February 16th, the letters were printed. Carefully by one man's nimble fingers, they were folded perfectly, placed in envelopes, stamped, and sent off to 10 different addresses, arriving to everyone addressed within the week. The letters were read. The 1-800 number was called. Websites were checked. And on March 12th, 10 people were on their way to Lillian Island.

First to arrive on the island was a man named Austin Carlile. Dragging his suitcase behind him, the tall, tattooed man walked down a boardwalk leading up to the resort. His eyes would have stayed wide and on the large brick and stucco building, if a young woman, much shorter and more hyper than he was, hadn't accidentally tripped over her shoelace and into him. He quickly spun around on his heels and helped the short brunette up.
"So sorry," she said quickly. "I'm a bit clumsy." She took Austin's hand and he pulled her up.
"No worries, Lovely," he took off his sunglasses and held out his hand to the young woman. "I'm Austin."
"Tay," she shook his hand, smiling. "Here on vacation, too?"
Austin nodded. "I am."
"So I guess I'll be seeing you around," Tay grinned.
"Wouldn't doubt it."
Tay continued walking while Austin stood behind her and watched.
"Wait," he called. "Tay. I'll walk with you."
"Cool," she stopped and waited for him to catch up to her. Then they walked inside together.

"You two do kinda look alike... are you sure you two have never met before?" Devin was never one to fall for something. Especially stupid things. He looked at the two other men strangely as the three occupied a corner in the resort lobby.
Kellin looked to David, who chuckled a little. "Swear!" they said in unison, chuckling harder.
Devin ran a hand through his light brown hair, slowly and blinked his blue eyes. "Interesting..." He couldn't believe it. Kellin and David we're strikingly similar looking. Dark chin length hair, brown eyes, tattoos, same thin body type.
"Long lost twin, drinks on me tonight," David slung an arm around Kellin's shoulder. "Devin, you can tag along, too."
"Maybe we'll find some ladies..." Devin said with a smug smirk, and the two other men nodded, agreeing.
Kellin turned around, seeing two more people walk in. Tay and Austin.
"And there's our lady," David whispered with a smirk.
"But she's with someone, we can't-"
"Not for long," Kellin smirked, too. "She'll be with us tonight."
"Hi," Austin said casually. David pushed passed him and to Tay.
"Hello, Honey."
Tay giggled. "Hi."
"How long are you staying, darling?"
"For-"
"This place isn't all that great," a grumpy man mumbled, entering the lobby.
"Who shit in your wheaties?" Tay laughed a little, looking the man up and down. He was heavily tattooed all over his body.
"Shut it, I'm not in the mood..."
"Negative Nancy," David chuckled.
"Shut up!"
Kellin approached the man.
"And who are you?"
The British man replied, "Oli." in a still grumpy tone. "Now outta my face."
Kellin furrowed an eyebrow and stepped back.
Another young brunette woman stepped into the lobby from one of the hallways verses the front door everyone else used.
"Oh, this is where the party's at," she smiled.
A man walked in from another hallway. His name was Vic.
"Are you Louise?" He looked to the new woman.
"No, I'm Lights." She hesitated speaking at first, a little confused and nervous. "Wait, so you're looking for Louise, too?"
"Yeah," Vic answered.
"Same," Kellin said.
"I got the letter, too!" Tay held hers up.
An awkward voice belonging to a lanky man said, "Me too." Ben was his name. He waved to the group slowly. He was just awkward. There was a mummer of me too's throughout the group.
"So I guess we all did," Said Alex, a new face, as he walked in and held up his paper. He joined the group. "We must have all won the promotion."
Lights nodded. "I guess."
"Seems logical," Devin shrugged.
"So lets find this Louise woman," Vic suggested.
They looked over the front desk.
"Hello?" Kellin called, shimmying to the front of the group of people, putting his hands into his pockets.
Ben looked over the desk. "Louise?"
"Anybody?" Austin piped up, his eyes darting around as his fingers graced the marble counter-top.
Suddenly, the lights went off, and loud alarm noises started ringing throughout the hotel.
"What's happening!?" Tay shrieked. Kellin put an arm around her and said, "Don't worry," followed by David.
"Welcome," a voice said from the ceiling. "I know a lot of information. Allow me to share."
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 1 of my little mystery :)
It'll be a fun one, I'm excited! Comment if you're excited, too, I'm a little iffy with it.
Updates coming soon!