Snake Bite Heart

Jaime and Ashley

"Tylar! It's time to get up for school!" My mom yelled from downstairs.

I groaned and rolled out of bed and went into my bathroom and looked into the mirror. I smiled at my reflection. I had purple and silver hair and I shaved the side of my head and put in my various ear piercings in my left ear last night to get ready for school.

That is the one thing about public school that I will like. I can have my piercings in without getting in trouble.

I hopped in the shower and washed my body since I already washed my hair last night.

I got out if the shower and did my hair and makeup and put on my outfit for the day.

I walked down the stairs to the kitchen and ate my breakfast and kissed my mom goodbye and walked out to my car and put on some Of Mice and Men while driving to my new school.

When I got to school I got out of my car and looked around. Of course I saw all sorts if different people. Most of them were preps though.

I sighed and walked to the front doors and walked into the big school.

I walked to the front office and walked up the the person behind the counter.

"My name is Tylar James and I'm new here." I said smiling sweetly.

The lady smiled back and looked through a stack of papers and handed me a stack.

"Here is your schedule and your locker number and your handbook. If you have any questions there are teachers everywhere that will help you. I hope you have an amazing year here." She said smiling at me again.

"Thank you." I said smiling at her again.

I turned around and ran into someone and everything in my hands fell to the ground.

"I'm so sorry." I said bending down to get everything but he beat me to it.

"It's no problem. It was my fault." The boy said standing up.

I looked up at his face and smiled.

It was the guy from the concert.

"Hey. You're the girl from the concert. I'm Tony. Tony Perry." He said with a shy smile.

"I'm Tylar James. Yeah I just transferred over from a private school. I'm new here." I said putting my hair behind my ear.

"Let me see." He said pointing at my schedule.

"You have four out of six classes with me. The other two classes you have are with my friend Jaime. I'll introduce you two so you have at least one person with you all day. And you have lunch with us." He said with a smile on his face.

"Tone! Come on we're going to be late to first period!" A guy said at the door.

"I'm coming Jaime! This is Tylar James. She's new. She was at the Bring Me concert." He said pulling me with him.

"Oh yeah. You were the girl he so called saved from the pit. I'm Jaime Preciado. I'm Tony's friend." He said smiling at me.

"We both have classes with her. I have four classes with her and you have three. You have first fifth and sixth with her." Tony said handing my schedule back to me and started waking with Jaime.

I ran up to catch up to them so I could get to class on time.

"We have an extra seat at our table in our first class so you can come sit with us." Tony said showing me the way to first period.

"Thanks guys. I never knew I would have friends already at this school." I said looking down at the ground.

"Don't worry about it. We needed more friends anyway. We have two more. They're brothers. Their names are Vic and Mike Fuentes. We're in a band together. All of us. I lied there is one more. Ashley. She's one of my friends. No one else likes her." Tony said and I heard Jaime scoff.

"Who is Ashley?" I asked Jaime quietly.

"She seems cool when you see her but she's a total bitch. She's a cheerleader but all she wears is band shirts and skinny jeans with Vans. Like I said she might seem cool but when she gets near Tony she is all over him. Speaking of the devil." He said making a face.

"Tony!" She squealed loudly and ran into his arms.

"Hey Ashley." He said with a smile.

"Who is this?" She asked looking at me.

"Tylar James. She's new." Tony said.

She looked at me and walked around me and thought for a long time.

"She looks small enough to be a flyer. We need a new one." She said smiling at me.

Like Jaime said she was wearing an Iron Maiden shirt with black skinny jeans and red Vans. She had long black hair with blonde tips and she was at least five feet tall. She was skinny and had a big chest and a bigger bottom that was meant for a girl her size.

She had a baby face with bright blue eyes.

"Um no thanks. I'm not good at flying but thanks for asking." I said smiling.

"The offer is always open." She said with a smile on her face and put her arm around Tony's waist.

"Hey Tony. Lets go before the bell rings. Tylar doesn't want to be late to her first day in English class." He said pushing Ashley off of Tony and grabbing his and my hand and running to class.

"What the fuck Jaime?" Tony asked.

"No sex with Ashley for you dude. You have had enough of that bro." Jaime said loud enough for Ashley to hear.

I heard her scoff and walk away.

I have a feeling this is going to be a great school already.