Status: This is my first story. Please be gentle.

Wide Awake

Chapter Four.

'Dessy...can I ask you something?' Ville asked, placing his fork down. She nodded, drinking some of her water. 'Why are you so...sickly looking?' He asked, watching in complete and utter concern as Destery placed her hand on her lap. 'I...I don't want to talk about it right now.' She whispered. 'Why not?' He pushed. She didn't answer, just stared at her hands as she toyed with the napkin over her legs. 'Is it because we're in open public?' He asked. 'Dessy, please!' He practifally pleaded. '...I hate seeing you this way.' He continued. His heart was racing now. She stayed quiet. She opened her mouth as in to talk, but nothing came out. 'My sister and...her boyfriend are...fighting. Again. And...I can't sleep at night. And I have work, social don't get to sleep period. And I'm scared to talk to her about it...cause she might yell at me.' She spoke nervously. He came to recall she's always had a difficult time telling her home problems to him, so it didn't exactly surprise him this time around. He sighed in relief it wasn't something as serious as he was thinking it to be. 'Well...that's still not good, but it's not as bad as I thought.' He said. 'Well...it's always good to face a fear...even a small one like this. And I can be there with you.' He said quickly. She looked up with a face of plead in her eyes and he smiled and nodded.
She agreed toblater that night ask her sister what was going on and figure out what her sister would react with.
'Hey...Janey? Can I talk to you?' Destery spoke. Janey smiled and sat next to her baby sister. 'Is this about...Trevor and I? Cause if it is, I'm just going to say this now, he will NOT be coming around here anymore.' She smiled. 'So...it took you two weeks to break up with him and keep ME up for two weeks straight? Are you kidding me?!' Destery shouted. 'No, calm down. Calm down.' Ville said, pulling her down. 'No, I will NOT calm down! That is total bullshit! If you were to fight with him, you could have done it else where!' She yelled, jerking her hand away from Ville. Her sister stood up, apologized and left the room. Ville stood up and held her arms in his hands. She pushed him away. He bit his thumb nail while thinking. He sat back down on the couch and waited for a few minutes. He learned when they first argued that he gave her space and time to calm down. It works every time. Twenty minutes passed and she didn't come down. He went up to her room, knocked on the door and entered upon given consent.
'Destery...are you okay?' 'What do you think? I've been sleep deprived for two fucking weeks because of her stupid boyfriend.' She snapped. His plan backfired. She was still angry. 'I'm just...so sick of this crap, Ville...I'm so sick of it...' she said, crashing into his chest. He wrapped his arms around her, holding her as she cried into him. 'This is so stupid...I don't know why I'm so damn upset...' she hickupped. 'Everything happens for a reason, love.' He smiled, wiping a tear from her cheek. She smiled, taking his hand in both of hers. 'We don't need to be rash in our decisions. To be honest, she kind of deserved it. Keeping you up? In your house, too...I would never do that if I was her.' He spoke, gently running his fingers through her hair. He always loved how baby soft it was. 'We just...need to find that love. And...maybe you.can talk to her about it later...in a fee days when you're calmer, no?' He continued. She nodded. He always was able to get her to agree when she was being overwhelmed. He smiled, kissing the corner of her brow. He slowly maneuvered her to the bed. Momenst later they were in their under clothes and kissing softly yet passionately. He played with her straps before pulling one down a little off her shoulder, only to be interrupted by his phone ringing. He sighed, reading it was Jonna.
He became angered as to whybshe would he calling him, out of all times, now. She 'needed' him. Which is total bullshit, cause she broke up with him. He hung up on her as she explained it was a mistake and that's she was sorry. 'Maybe tonight...isn't a good night.' He said, laying down next to her. 'Yeah...tomorrow? Wednesday?' He smiled. 'Tomorrow for sure.' He said. That was the first time she slept in two weeks.
♠ ♠ ♠
Told ya smut.