Status: Active.

My Curse Was Reversed

Chapter 8

"What the hell were you thinking?!" Ronnie shouts as soon as we step through the front door. The ride back had been tense and awkward as all you could feel was Ronnie's anger, but he'd dropped off Ryan and Derek back at their places before driving home.

I ignore him and slip past into the kitchen. Seeing as I missed lunch my stomach is growling constantly at the moment. I now notice that the house sounds rather empty, are Mum and Travis still working? I remind myself to ask Ronnie once he's calmed down a little, but in the meantime I set to work on making beans on toast.

"Max! Don't walk away from me, I'm talking to you!" He orders, while following me. I roll my eyes and glance over at him before starting to open the cupboards in search for plates. I manage to get a quick look inside before it's slammed closed. I sigh angrily.

"Can you please leave me alone?" I ask while opening the cupboard again, only to have it thrown closed again.

"No! Max do you understand how stupid that was?" He says, I shrug and cross my arms. It's not my fault.

"You don't wander off in a place you've known for five fucking minutes!" He shouts while running a hand through his hair.

"Well it's not like I was going to stay there for much longer! If it wasn't for you, it wouldn't of happened!" I growl, throwing the blame onto him.

"Excuse me? What did I tell you first lesson? Don't hang around with the likes of Craig Mabbitt! He's the one who hurt your little feelings!" I clench my fists together and narrow my eyes at the taller man in front of me.

"I'll do what I damn well please! And if you hadn't of caused that scene at lunch then I would of been perfectly fine!" I start using a few angry hand gestures to get my point across, Ronnie ends up doing the same.

"It's not like you could keep it a secret! What would you of done if they wanted to come around? Huh? Make up some pathetic lie?" Probably, but that isn't the point.

"Don't change the subject! This isn't about Craig." I sneer while crossing my arms.

"Oh, you're right! It's about how you nearly had the shit beaten out of you!" I shake my head and try to brush past him, but he grabs my upper arm and yanks me back. I push his chest so he staggers back a little and let's go of my arm.

When he steadies himself, he glares over and takes two large steps closer to me. I back away but he manages to link his large hands around my arms and throw me painfully up against the closest wall. I whimper a little and turn my face away from his, concentrating on the squeaky clean floor and trying to ignore his hot breath fanning my cheek.

"Never. Ever. Push. Me." He sneers, and as I'm in this position I don't disagree with him, just a quick nod of my head in understanding.

"Ronnie Radke! What on Earth are you doing?!"

Ah shit. Mum's home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's really fricking short.