Status: Active.

My Curse Was Reversed

Chapter 9

We are both sat at the dining room table, our eyes looking at everything apart from each other.

When mum walked through the door she went fucking crazy. Yanking Ronnie off me and yelling something about my broken rib, he was shouting back just as loud and I just stayed leaning against the wall. If this was a regular thing between the two I didn't want to get involved, it looked nasty.

Now we're all waiting for Travis to get home so we can 'sort out' our problems. Like that's going to happen now. I could of got over the fact that he can be an annoying ass, but can I get over the fact that be threw me against a wall? Hell no.

Mum is sat opposite us, occasionally sighing and looking at the clock before wandering into the kitchen for a couple of minutes, leaving us both in an awkward silence. My leg is bouncing while I play with my nails, I more worried about how Travis is going to react than Ronnie at the moment.

Speak of the devil, the door unlocks and opens, causing mum to come out from the kitchen with her arms crossed. I sink down further into my chair and chew the inside of my cheek, this isn't gunna go well at all.

"Afternoon dear." Mum smiles while going over to give him a hug and kiss on the cheek. I look away from them both, such a disgustingly happy couple. I remember the days when that was my dad instead of him.

I don't look up as they stand opposite us. I think Ronnie glances up before going back to his phone under the table, this must be a regular occurrence for him then.

"Ronnie, phone." Travis demands while holding out his hand. I look over as Ronnie rolls his eyes and shoves his phone into his jumper pocket before leaning back on the chair. Travis sighs and pulls back his hand to wrap around my mum's waist. Yuck.

"Do the pair of you want to explain what happened?" He asks, making me hide behind my hair. I plan to stay silent during this.

"Not really."

"Ronald, this isn't the time for your attitude." Travis barks while glaring at the older boy, I smirk a little but go back to trying to make myself invisible. It obviously doesn't work.

"Max, do you want to tell us?" Mum asks gently, I snort and shake my head, still not looking up at the pair. I'd probably get into more trouble than Ronnie, and to be honest I'm really not in the mood to be shouted at.

"Fine then, you're both grounded until someone decides to tell us what happened." Travis announces before crossing his arms and walking into the kitchen. Ronnie groans from beside me but as the 'meeting' has come to an end he gets up and wanders upstairs.

I turn back to face my mum and just shrug at her questioning expression. She sighs and takes a seat opposite me, oh this is going to be fun.

"Max? Why won't you tell us what happened?" She asks softly, I shrug in reply causing her to lean back in the chair.

"I'm trying to help you here, you can get out of being grounded." She bribes, making me raise my eyebrows.

"Trust me, I'll probably be in even more trouble." I grumble before pushing away from the table and rapidly walking out the room and upstairs. At the moment I'd prefer Ronnie than my mother. I'd probably even prefer the two dudes from earlier than my mother.

I hesitantly push open the bedroom door to find Ronnie sat on his bed with headphones in. He looks pissed off, and I can confirm that with the fact I can hear his music from here. We lock eyes for a moment, it's a little awkward so I quickly break our gaze and walk over to my bed.

Once I've flopped down on the bed I sigh loudly and shut my eyes. Maybe a small nap will make me feel better.

I cover my face with my arm and let myself relax into the mattress before falling into a not so peaceful sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry that this is so fucking boring.