Sequel: Nothing To Lose
Status: Completed.

White Wedding

The Cake

"Hey, Johnny, I like this place!" I grinned grabbing his arm and stopping right in front of a bakery window, with all sorts of wedding cakes on display; from the traditional tier upon tier, white icing smothered wedding cake, or a simple small 3 tier with purple icing and marzipan flowers.

"Well then, let's go," he said grabbing my hand playfully and marching into the bakery, "Hello," Johnny said pressing the small golden bell resting on the counter. A small old lady, looking way over her 50's wandered out of the back slowly, pushing her thick framed, glasses back to the top of her nose. She noticed Johnny's hair, piercing and tattoos and her small eyes widened. "Hello, I was wondering if you could help us," he said politely, earning a smile from the old lady, "We were wondering if we could order a wedding cake."

"Of course young man, when is the big day?" She asked with a glint in her eyes.

"Oh it's not us," I laughed nervously, "It's just me."

"Oh okay, well, what where you thinking?"

"Well, I was thinking a small, yet decorative fruit cake," I smiled remembering what was in my wedding file. I turned to Johnny who raised his eyebrows at me. "What?" I asked.

"Small? Decorative? Fruit cake?" He said leaning in closer to me, my jaw dropped to the floor. Was he insulting my choice of cake? "Will you excuse us for a minute please?" Johnny asked the lady. He grabbed me by the wrist and gently dragged me to the side. "Come on, you're fiance's a big time lawyer, you could at least make it a biggun," he said, "And fruitcake? What are you 60?!" he whispered. I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Actually, fruitcake is sophisticated and classy, plus, it's what I put in my wedding folder," I paused, "And I'm 22," I added.

"Fuck the folder," he muttered under his breath.

"What?" I asked whipping my head around.

"Nothing sweetie," he smiled walking me back to the counter.

"You can try some free samples if you want," the lady blinked.

"Sounds good," Johnny said and the old lady went to the back room again. "We'll see what's better, I say chocolate," I rolled my eyes as the old lady came back with a huge plate of different types of cake. She handed me a fork as I went to try some of the first cake.

"This is the fruit cake," she smiled at the two of us, "It's a popular choice for the older couple," she said, I turned to Johnny, chewing my cake while he was trying to stifle his laughter.

"It's really good, try some," I said jabbing the fork onto the small slab of fruitcake, he shook his head. I tuck the fork straight into his mouth, making him chew it and look at me disgustedly. "See, it's good!" I smiled evilly.

"I'll be right back, I'll go and get the booklet of decorations we do," the lady blinked. I smiled and Johnny just nodded his head trying not to spit out the cake. She was finally out of site when Johnny grabbed the napkin.

"I fucking hate fruitcake," He said spitting out the chewed up fruitcake into it. He folded it up and started waving it around me, making me laugh. "Let's just try some more," Johnny said leaning over to the rest of the cakes, "Okay, chocolate," he grinned grabbing the fork and sticking some cake on the end. "It's yummy," he grinned chewing on it. I scrunched my face up. "What, you don't like chocolate?" he asked me as I shook my head. He nodded and grabbed the second piece of cake-with his fingers.

"Johnny, the fork's there for a reason don't-" I was cut off by the cake being mushed into my face by Johnny. I stood there with my mouth open in complete horror. The smell of the chocolate made me gag and I could feel some flaking off of the top of my lip and falling into my mouth. Johnny stood there looking proud of himself.

"Two can play at that game," he said smugly. I walked over to the others and picked up a slab of cake, the sponge was soft, cream coloured, and there were traces of red cherries sunken into it. I picked it up taking a small bit for myself to try it. I walked over to Johnny and did the exact same thing to him. He stared at me with the same horrified expression as I did. I wiped some of the cake from his mouth in put on the top of his Mohawk.

"You can say that again Johnny boy," I grinned. I heard the back door shut and small foot steps heading towards the front counter. "Quick, she's coming back, clean your face," I said grabbing a load of napkins from the dispenser and handing a few to him. We wiped the mashed up cake from our mouths and threw them in the small bin that was in the corner. "Wait we have to look less suspicious," I whispered. I grabbed the fork from the counter and grabbed a different piece of cake. I took a bite and the old lady came out with bundles of books, I stuffed the rest of it into Johnny's mouth and we both smiled at her innocently. "I quiet like this one," I said to Johnny.

"Yeah, me too, what is it?" He asked the lady.

"It's chocolate orange, I believe," she said laying out the books. We both looked at each other and laughed.

"At least we both agree on that," Johnny said, "May we look at some of these books please?" He asked.

"Yes of course, help yourself," she smiled. Johnny grabbed one of the booklets and flicked through, nodding approvingly at a couple as he went past.

"Johnny, I was actually just thinking white icing, and some marzipan flowers," I said to him.

"Sounds good to me," he shrugged, he pressed the bell again laughing to himself. The old lady came back out and smiled at me.

"I actually thought of an idea," I began, she nodded at me to continue, "I was just thinking, white icing, with marzipan flowers, with the chocolate orange cake, and maybe 4 tiers."

"It can be done," she smiled, "Is it okay if I just get your details?"

"Yes, of course," she handed me some paper and a pen, I wrote down my address, phone number and name and handed it to her.

"Thank you," she smiled at me handing Johnny and I a card, "I'll give you a call,"

"Thank you," we said to her, "Bye," we said walking out.

"What's next?" Johnny asked.

"A break," I sighed.