Sequel: Nothing To Lose
Status: Completed.

White Wedding

Getting To Know You

I sat on the leather sofa, with my feet curled up and the laptop resting on my knees. "Johnny's bar," I said to myself as I found the directions on google. I grabbed the notepad that was resting next to me with a pen attached to it and scribbled down the directions quickly.

"Veronica!" I heard Andrew shout as he shut the front door. I turned off the laptop and frantically shut it and put it back in the case and back on the coffee table. I flipped the notebook and stuffed it behind the pillow I was leaning against. "Hey honey," he said kissing me on the head.

"Hi," I said softly, "Umm, I have a meeting with the wedding planner tonight," Not entirely a lie.

"Okay, well I'm going to get changed and go for a few drinks with some colleagues," I nodded my head, "Bye baby," he said running up the stairs. I sighed deeply and stretched out on the sofa, "See you later," Andrew said running out of the door.

"Bye then," I said sarcastically, I grabbed the remote and flicked it onto the first channel that came on-MTV where the TRL reruns were on. 'I'm here with Avenged Sevenfold' I heard the presenter announce, it sounds familiar, I heard Johnny mention them the first day we met up. We've got M.Shadows, Synyster Gates, Zacky Vengeance, The Rev and Johnny Christ' he announced again. My eyes scanned the screen and I saw Johnny standing next to a really tall guy, holding a microphone and smiling as he said hello to the presenter. My stomach automatically jumped and I shot up quickly, sitting up on the sofa. "Johnny," I said to myself. They continued the interview and I slowly found myself crouching on the floor in front of the TV looking at these 5 men that I would be hanging out tonight. The interview briefly stopped and switched to a music video. "Avenged Sevenfold. Bat Country," I whispered to myself as I read the words at the bottom of the screen. I sat in the same position throughout the whole of the video. I had a feeling I had never had before. The ringing of the guitar flowing , the drums pulsing and the vocals going straight to my soul. And of course, the bass, it made my heart flutter. I was honestly in my own little world. The new feelings you get are always the best. Like something small as a new hairstyle or something as big as a new love.
The song ended and I immediately found myself back in my living room, where I didn't want to be. Back to reality. "Johnny's tonight," I said to myself. I ran up the stairs as fast as I could and ran straight into my room. I flung my wardrobe open and frantically searched through the whole lot. Leaving just a heap in the middle of the room. I walked back to the heap and picked out a pair of black skinny trousers and a plain, not too low-cut, black top. I walked over to the shoes and picked out a pair of black and white polka dot pumps.
After having a quick shower, I got changed and smiled looking at my outfit. I grabbed the hair dryer and quickly dried my soft brown hair, leaving it in its natural wavy state. I put on some foundation, not enough to make me look like an Oompa Loompa but enough to make me feel comfortable, I put a thin stroke of black eyeliner on and afterwards some cherry flavoured lip balm. I nodded to myself as I looked in the mirror and then grabbed my handbag, stuffing my keys, lip balm, phone, chewing gum and perfume. Seeing as Johnny told me there would be beer, I was worried about how Andrew would react.
Conveniently enough, Johnny's Bar was just a couple blocks from my house, so I could walk there easy.

"There you are," Johnny said as he stood up from the bench smiling at me.

"Hey," I said quietly walking up to him.

"You look....Awesome," He replied looking at me up and down.

"Thanks."

"So, we can walk to my house, it's not that far," He said starting up a conversation, I nodded my head as we started to walk. "So?" He said speaking up.

"Yeah?" I asked gently.

"What have you been up to?" He asked finally.

"Nothing much, just been sitting at home, you?" I asked. That's the best you could come up with?!

"The same really, my friends-our friends-are over," he smiled.

"Cool, I can't wait to meet them,"
The rest of the walk to Johnny's was awkward and mostly silent. When one of us would try to talk, the other would talk over them by accident. In all honesty, I really had no idea about why it was so bad.
"Hey, I'm back if anything's broken, your ass is mine!" Johnny shouted letting me through the front door.

"Johnny," I said quietly stopping him from walking further, "Avenged Sevenfold-Bat Country," I said quietly, a smile grew on his lips, "I like your band,"

"Thank you," he said giving me a hug, "You ready to meet your new crew?" he said, I laughed and nodded my head. He lead me into the front room where there were 5 guys sitting on the sofa, a beer in each of their hands and a smile on all of their faces. "Guys!" Johnny shouted making all five heads turn. "I'd like you to meet a friend of mine, this is Veronica," he said introducing me.

"Ronnie....please," I said turning a bright shade of red.

"Ronnie this is Matt, Jimmy, Zack, Brian and this is Cam," he said pointing to each one, I didn't recognise the last guy, I could only remember the other four plus Johnny on TV.

"Johnny, I don't remember Cam in the video," I whispered.

"Oh he's not in the band he's a friend," he whispered back making me laugh nervously. I nodded and he lead me over to where they were all sitting. I slowly sat next to one of Johnny's band members, I looked at them, quickly averting my gaze as soon as we made eye contact. I turned back around as soon as he carried on talking to one of his band mates, he turned back around quickly and smiled. I smiled back coyly and started to play with the sleeves of my shirt.

"M Shadows," I whispered softly to myself remembering seeing him on TRL.

"Yeah?" he asked turning back around. I felt heat rise to my face and smiled softly.

"N-nothing," I stammered.

"Are you okay?" he asked me, 'no I'm not used to this' I shunned out the thoughts in my head. "And call me Matt," he whispered.

"Yes I am," I smiled.

"Drink?" He asked me handing me a unopened beer, I nodded and he handed it to me. I attempted to twist off the top, but it wasn't budging. I could feel the ridges cutting up my fingers slowly.

"Here let me do that," Another one of them said. I smiled softly and handed it to him slowly, he took it, placed the top in between the top and bottom row of his teeth. A fizzing sound came from the bottle and the guy spat the lit out of his mouth before handing me the now opened bottle.

"Thanks,"

"No problem, I'm Zacky,"

"Hello," I smiled taking a sip, I scrunched up my face as the disgusting liquid went down my throat.

"You don't like beer?" another person asked me. I shook my head still with my face scrunched up. "I'll get you something else, I'll have you're beer," he said politely. He stood up and walked over to the kitchen, where Johnny was. He walked back with a glass in his hand with what looked like coke, filling it. "Here you go," he said. I raised my eyebrow at him, "It's Jack Daniels, but you'll be fine, there's so much coke in it you won't taste it." I nodded and took a sip. "I'm Synyster by the way and that guy over there is Jimmy, but you can call me Brian," he smiled.

"Veronica," I smiled back taking another sip.

"Hello!" I heard a girl shout as she flung open the front door, she came in with another three following suit. "Who's this?" she asked politely.

"This is Ver-"

"Ronnie. Ronnie please," I smiled interrupting Brian.

"Hey, I'm Val," she started sitting next to Matt, giving him a kiss on the cheek, "This is Gena, Leana and my sister Michelle," she smiled.

"Hello," I said looking at all of them.

"Hey, girls!" Johnny said walking into the living room with a beer.

"Johnny, may I talk to you please?" I whispered. He nodded and lead me to the kitchen where he shut the door afterwards. "Umm, who are those girls," I asked politely.

"Your bridesmaids," he smiled. I choked on my drink as he said the word bridesmaids.

"Johnny, I don't know them," I said nervously.

"That's why you're going to get to know them," I nodded and took a deep sigh.

"Okay,"

"Cool," I said giving me a hug and a kiss on the top of my head. A smile grew on my lips as I stared into his eyes. I pulled away as I heard a light knock on the door.

"Johnny!" I heard a woman's voice. The kitchen door opened slowly and I saw the form of the owner of the voice. "Hey baby," she smiled kissing him on the lips.

"Veronica, this is Lacey," he smiled pulling her close to him. I knew exactly what was going to come out of his mouth. "She's my girlfriend."