Status: In Progress

Leave Me Out of It

Part 10

She woke up on Purgatory.

Quite literally, as she later found out, after waking up on a beach choking on fine sand and heavy salt water. It would take a solid week before the taste would dissipate from her mouth.

As it turned out, that giant, thrice damned mechanical bear of a Shichibukai had knocked her as far away from her crew and Sabaody Archipelago as possible. Hell, she wasn't sure if she was still even on the Grand Line.

The island was 'home' to some of the worst scum and villainy humanity could produce, and that was putting it politely.

Purgatory was an island where only the strong and cunning survived. If you wanted anything then you had to literally fight tooth and nail to get it and just as hard to keep it. If you let your guard down for even a moment, it'd be the end of you.

She hated every inch this despicably lawless, god forsaken island.

Not because she had to fight every minute of every day just to survive a moment longer, or because of the hostile residents. No, it wasn't any of those things that made her hate the island. The unforgiving, 'survival of the fittest' nature of this island was nothing new to her.

She hated Purgatory because she had to face her past, alone.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am right and truly sorry for not posting any damn thing in so long. This is a meager offer to show that I actually haven't kicked the bucket or fallen off the face of the earth and am still around, somewhat. I read tons more than I write nowadays, which is utterly pathetic and shameful.

Thank you for reading and your time, and I am very sorry for the long wait.
- SLBG