Status: In Progress

Leave Me Out of It

Part 12

Of the three Straw Hat Pirate women, she was undoubtedly the 'odd woman out' in terms of overall womanliness and beauty.

She wasn't devilishly sly and daring like Nami, or coolly suave and mature like Nico Robin. Also, she didn't proudly show off her 'assets' for the world to see. She was just normal, plain even - completely lacking any form of sex appeal.

The daily compliments from Sanji did not count; he was far too biased where women were concerned. Besides, everyone knew that he favored Nami the most, even more than Robin. She didn't resent them for that because she knew that she could never be like them, but still… it stung, just a little, she was only human after all.

Where she grew-up, 'sex appeal' was for slutty young barmaids and cheap prostitutes with dead eyes. Back then, she never cared about her looks and only wanted to get strong enough to survive without resorting to such a dirty lifestyle - if one could even call that living.

She really didn't know why she cared about such a trivial thing now.

The Straw Hats were her nakama, her family - she had no one to impress on this crew. But for once in her life, just once... she wanted to be seen as a woman and not just as 'one of the guys'.

She too wanted to be, to feel, beautiful...
♠ ♠ ♠
Honestly, this piece is weird, very emotional and kind of depressing... -_-

But, I can actually see someone feeling like this, especially when being compared with the two beautiful and strong Straw Hat ladies. A person's self-worth, especially a females, is a very fragile thing after all. I think it's worse for a character like the nameless girl in this drabble booklet.

Thank you for reading and your time.
- SLBG