Status: Hopefully I will update once a week!

Starting Over

FIVE.

Waking up in an unfamiliar bed was the least of my concerns; the pounding headache, however, took top priority. I slowly opened my eyes, letting them adjust to the light coming in from the window, and sat up. I glanced at the body next to mine and recognized it to be Oliver. Pulling my arms over my head, I stretched my back and made a “baby dinosaur” noise at the pleasurable feeling of my joints popping into place. I dropped my arms back to my sides and sighed contently before feeling the painful realization that I had to piss.

“Fuck” I muttered trying to figure out a way to get out of Oliver’s bed without waking him up.

Once I had gone to restroom I returned to Oliver’s room and found him sitting up in his bed, playing on his phone. I crawled my way to my previous spot and rested my head on his shoulder.

“whatcha doing?” I whispered not wanting to make my headache worse.

He placed his phone on his bedside table and looked down at me, “making sure Tom was where we left him.”

“Ah, can I get a pain killer?”

Oliver chuckled at how quietly I was speaking but nodded and walked off to get me some pain meds. When he came back he had a glass of water and two pills in his hands. I took the pills and water, placing the pills in my mouth and swallowing them.

“Thank-you.” I mumbled resting my head back on his pillow.

He mimicked my actions ran his hands through his hair, sighing heavily. We stayed silent for a while before I started feeling the urge to shower.

“I’m going to head home and shower, I’m leaving Shae here. “ I laughed at the thought of Shae with a hangover. “When she wakes up please send her home.” I sat up and got out of his bed.
He didn’t say anything other than a mumbled “yeah.” I walked out of his room and to the front door, not bothering to put on my shoes or change from his shirt. Barefoot, I walked to my house and ran to the shower to scrub the hangover away. After a good hour-long shower I got dressed in black leggings and an oversized crewneck sweatshirt. I pulled my hair into a bun and skipped makeup all together. Not coming up with anything better to do I lied down in my bed and fell asleep.
~~

SHAE’S POV

~~

I woke up in a room that wasn’t mine and no memory of how I got here. Confused and hung-over I got out of the bed I was in and walked into the hall. Noticing the door across from me was open I peeked in and found Oliver sitting on his bed playing on his phone. I awkwardly walked in and cleared my throat to get his attention. He looked up from his phone and smiled knowingly at me.

“Spence went home a while ago; she didn’t want to wake you. She told me to just send you that way when you woke up.”

I nodded and began the walk to my house. When I walked in the front door I saw Spencer sitting on the couch watching some horror film and playing on her phone. I walked up the stairs and to the bathroom to shower. I changed into my PINK sweatpants and a tank-top before deciding to join Spencer downstairs. As I plopped onto the couch next to Spencer she looked at me and smirked.

“What’s that look for?” I asked slightly annoyed.

“Do you not remember what you did last night?” She asked sounding shocked.

I shook my head, not knowing what she was implying.

“You fucked Tom, dude.”

My eyes widened and my mouth formed an “o.” It was typical of me to hook up a lot; I was never big on actual relationships. I preferred “sexlationships.” For some reason sleeping with Tom scared me, it wasn’t like I was never going to see him again like the usual guys I slept with. He lived across the street from me and was a friend of mine. I didn’t want to think of this was going to make everything awkward for everyone.

“Wh-what?”

“Yup.” She said popping the “p.”

“What am I going to do? What if he thinks it means something?” I panicked.

She stayed silent for a while, which scared me. Nothing good ever came from Spencer not answering a question immediately. After what felt like hours of silence she finally answered.

“You have to tell him that it meant nothing, but do it nicely.”

Nicely? How do you nicely tell someone they were nothing more than a casual fuck? I nodded and shrugged not knowing how I was going to fix this. I grabbed a handful of popcorn and turned my attention to the movie and seeing it was “Halloween.” Spencer didn’t take her eyes off her phone which made me wonder who she was talking to; she’d never miss the chance to watch a good scary movie.

“Who the hell is keeping you away from watching the film?”

She looked at me, puzzled but the smile never leaving her lips. “Oliver.”

“Ooooh” I said making a kissy face.

She laughed and slapped my arm playfully, “not like that you sick-o. We’re just friends; we’re actually becoming good friends.”

“Invite him over.” I said grabbing another handful of popcorn.

“I’ll invite him over if you go talk to Tom.” She smirked.

I thought about it for a second before figuring it was now or never. I groaned and stood up, walking to the door to put on a pair of shoes. I heard Spencer laugh as I overdramatically sighed and walked out the front door. I ran across the street hoping to get all of this over sooner. I knocked on the door at the same time Oliver was opening it to go to our house.

“Is Tom in? I need to talk to him.” I said quietly.

“In his room, good luck.” He winked and left the house.

I walked in and closed the door behind me. The stairs look agonizingly tall as I stared at the top. It was as if the world new I wanted this to be short and quick so it was going to make it drag out. I started up the stairs, practically running to get to Toms room. I stood in front of his closed door for what seemed like hours, trying to build up the courage to knock on it. I never had a problem with telling guys off before, so why was it so hard this time? I slowly brought my fist to the door and softly hit my knuckles to it. Every silent moment felt like hours passing but I knew it was just my nerves and the guilt. It wasn’t like he wasn’t good, because he certainly was good, but I can’t do relationships.
The door opened slowly and a sleepy- looking Tom stood on the other side. His eyes widened in shock but were quickly replaced with a smile and happy eyes. “Shae, I’ve actually been meaning to talk to you.” He said opening his door wider for me to come into his room.

I stepped into his room but I didn’t go further than a couple of steps. “What did you want to talk to me about?” I asked nervously.

“Well, I have a question.” He started, here it comes. I knew this was going to happen. This can’t happen. “I was wondering if I could take you out, on like a proper date.”

I sighed and ran my hand through my hair, “Tom, I can’t. I’m sorry but last night meant nothing. I don’t do dates, I don’t do relationships, I do sex. That’s all the happened. I wanted a quick fuck and I got it. I’m really sorry if I made you think any different.”

He didn’t say anything for a while, which made me more nervous than I had been before. Painful silence swept over us again before he finally spoke. “Okay, so we’re just going to go about like it didn’t happen?”

I nodded and turned to walk away before anything else could be said. I was almost in the hallway before Tom grabbed my wrist and turned me around. I stared at him confused and was about to talk as he began speaking. “If you’re ever in need for another quick fuck you know where to find me.” He winked before letting go of my arm.

I ran down the stairs and to my house as quickly as I could. Opening the front door and running to the living room where Oliver and Spencer were cuddled up on the couch. I sat in the chair next to them and thought about what Tom had told me.

“So how did it go? You look scared.” Spencer said, pulling me away from my thoughts.

“He asked me on a date.”

Spencer was holding back laughter but nodded for me to continue.

“I told him I couldn’t and that he was just a fuck. He was okay with it and before I left he told me if I ever wanted another meaningless fuck I could go to him.” I said still in shock that he said it.
Spencer looked at me wide-eyed, Oliver mimicking her expression.

“Well, what the hell do I do?”

“Fuck him.” Oliver and Spencer said simultaneously. They had only known each other a week and they were already this close, ew. I groaned “you two are already too close.” I rolled my eyes, “I’ll see you losers in the morning. It’s been too long of a day.” I said getting up and walking to the stairs. I walked into my room and was extremely happy to see my bed waiting for me. I jumped onto the soft sheets and wrapped myself up in the quilt, closing my eyes and instantly falling asleep.

~~

SPENCER’S POV

~~

I had spent all of my afternoon with Oliver. We really were getting close quickly, but I wasn’t complaining. We made Mac ‘N Cheese for dinner and watched films while we got to know each other better. We talked about the little things about each other, like our hobbies, favorite color, favorite movies, etc. We were currently sitting on the floor watching The Nightmare before Christmas when my phone rang. It was an unknown number but I answered it anyway.

“Hello?”

“Uh-hi, Spencer?”

“Yes, this is?”

“It’s Vegan, from the party.”

I smiled when he said his name, “Oh hey Vegan, how did you get my number?”

“Oliver uh-gave it to me earlier.” I looked at Oliver who had a smile on his face.

“Ah, well what’s up?”

“I was actually wondering if you would like to go out sometime?”

I smiled wider than I thought was possible, he wanted to see me again even after seeing me drunk?!

“Yeah, totally!”

“Really? Great! I’ll text you later, okay?”

“Okay!” I said before hanging up and turning to Oliver, “Did you set this up?”

He smiled and turned his attention to the movie, completely ignoring my question but I already knew the answer. I smiled and pulled him into a hug, kissing his cheek when I pulled away.

“Thank-you, Oliver.”

“It’s what friends are for.” He said kissing the top of my head.

I was more than happy to have Oliver in my life, even if it’s only been for a short while now. He was a great person to be around; he always made me smile and laugh. While we discovered more about each other I had learned that he was in a band with Matt, Vegan, Lee, and Jordan called Bring Me the Horizon. They were a metal band but apparently good enough to play at a local club. We sat in silence as we watched the rest of the movie. I couldn’t shake the smile plastered to my face since the call with Vegan. I was beyond excited to get to see him again, and more excited that he wanted to see me.

When the movie ended Oliver and gone home before he fell asleep at my house for the second time. I stayed downstairs and watched more movies and talked on the phone with Oliver until I passed out on the couch with a smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
early update because fuck it.

This is so sucky. I'm sorry.