Status: Hopefully I will update once a week!

Starting Over

SIX.

“So where is Vegan taking you?”

“I have no idea.”

“Gimme your phone” Shae said reaching for my phone.

I handed her my phone knowing she was going to text Vegan and ask him about our plans. After a moment of silence she handed me my phone and walked to her closet. She started throwing different clothing pieces onto her bed in an obvious search for something to make me wear tonight. She squealed with happiness and pulled a black sweater off a hanger. I gave her a questioning look as she handed it to me and went back to her closet.

“What exactly are we doing?”

“It’s a secret, I just needed to know so I can plan your outfit. Litas or Dr. Matens?”

“Martens, I’m assuming it’s casual because I’m not wearing a dress.” I laughed as she nodded and handed me maroon colored boots.

“He’ll be here in an hour so go get changed so I can do your hair and makeup.” She said pushing me into my room.

I was growing nervous as I pulled on the sweater and skinny jeans. I hadn’t been on a real date in nearly three years and I had no idea what we we’re doing. I walked into Shae’s room where she was prepping her vanity to do my makeup. I sat down and closed my eyes letting Shae do as she pleased with my face.

“What if this ends badly, I mean, what if he doesn’t actually like me? What if he thinks I’m boring?”

“Well you are kind of boring.” She chuckled as I frowned.

“I’m being serious.” I mumbled.

“I know; I am too. Look, you have nothing to worry about, you’re going to have fun and you’re going to come home and tell me all about how amazing he is.”

I gave her a weak grin at how hopeful she was, that was one thing I loved about her; she supported me no matter how stupid and god-awful my ideas were. I was shy but fearless, and she was outgoing but logical, except when it came to sex. She lost her logic when fucking was involved. We evened each other out and together we were the perfect pair.

“All done.” She said turning me to face the mirror.

I looked at my makeup and smiled, “seriously, you need to be a cosmetologist. I look amazing!”

“It was my pleasure; now go grab your purse because lover boy is here.”

I stood up and grabbed my purse, running to the front door. I opened it to find a nervous looking Vegan.

“Hey there” I smiled and stepped onto the porch, closing the door behind me.

“Hi” I smiled and linked his arm with mine.

“So where are you taking me on this fine evening?”

“The park.” He said walking toward the park that was up the street from my house. I smiled at how simple this date was going to be. My nerves didn’t go away but they became easier to mask as we made small talk.

“What made you want to take me on a date?” I asked sitting on a bench.

He shrugged and put his arm across my shoulders, “you’re horribly cute and I couldn’t get you out of my head all night so I knew I had to see you again.”

I blushed and leaned into his side. “I’m glad; I really wanted to see you too.”

He looked down at me and smiled, “You want some hot chocolate?”

I nodded as we stood up and made our way to a snack bus that was permanently parked. We ordered our drinks and started walking around the park. We were talking about nothing really interesting, just getting to know each other better. We were walking back to my house when I felt his fingers brush against mine. I blushed and made the full move of holding his hand. Our fingers linked together and I couldn’t stop the smile on my lips. We walked in silence until we reached my front porch.

“I hope I get the pleasure taking you on another date.” Vegan said.

“I hope so too.”

“I call you tomorrow; good night, darling.” He said as he leaned down to kiss my cheek.

“Good night, Vegan.” I smiled and he walked back to his car.

I opened the door and quickly got inside to tell Shae all about my night, I called her name but no one answered. I walked into her room and found it empty. I pulled out my phone to call her, unsure of where she could be when she’s only been in the town for three days.

“Hi Spence.”

“Where the fuck are you?”

“I’m … uh … I’m in Tom’s bed.” She said quietly.

I groaned in annoyance, should have known. “Well come over here so I can be a girl and tell you all about the amazing date I just had.”

“Be there in five!” she said quickly hanging up.

I sat on her bed and waited for her to arrive and not even five minutes later she ran into her room and tackled me on her bed.

“It was amazing? I’m so happy for you!” She said once she got off me and sat beside me.
I smiled and nodded before excitedly telling her every detail about the date I had with Vegan.
I woke up the next morning in Shae’s bed with her cuddled up to my side. She had always been a cuddly sleeper, I never cared though. I didn’t want to wake her up so I stayed still for a while before my mom called us down. I gently shook her awake and we slowly made our way downstairs. Mom had mad pancakes and was placing them on the table as we walked in and sat down.
“Thanks mom” Shae and I said in unison.

“I have something to tell you two.” My mom said before taking a sip of her coffee. We both looked up and waited for her to continue. “I’m leaving tomorrow for a few days for work. I’m not going to send you to Carol’s because I’m hoping I can trust my almost eighteen year-old daughters to be responsible.”

“Of course you can mom. We don’t even know anyone but Oliver and Tom.” I said chuckling.

“Alright, I’m going to make sure I pack everything I need. Be home by five if you go out, I want to spend the night with my girls before I leave.” Mom said smiling as she walked to her room.
After a few minutes of silence I looked at Shae who already was eating her pancakes and smiling.

“So, why were you in Tom’s bed last night?” I giggled.

“You know damn well why, Spencer.” She growled.

“I know, I just want you to say it.” I laughed.

“I fucked him.” She smirked.

I was laughing at how open she was about her sex life when my phone buzzed. I pulled it out of my jeans pocket, that I hadn’t taken off since last night, and saw a text from Oliver. I smiled and opened it to read what he said.

So, I heard you’re date with Vegan went well? Come over later and we can watch movies or something shitty like that. Oh, and bring Shae; I need to tell her something. ;) xxx.

I laughed at the message and told him we would be over soon. “Going to Oli’s and you’re coming because he wants to tell you something.” I said standing up to go change. I changed into a crewneck sweatshirt and black leggings before grabbing my phone and walking back into the living room. Shae didn’t bother changing from her pajamas so we pulled on boots and walked across the street to the Sykes’ home.

We didn’t bother knocking when we got there, just opened the door and walked to Oliver’s room. His door was open but he wasn’t in his room so we decided to sit on his bed and wait for him. It didn’t take long before Shae and I got tired and laid down on his bed, Shae instantly resting her head on my arm. I chuckled at how clingy she was when she was tired and was about to pull out my phone and call Oliver when he walked into his room with a towel loosely wrapped around his hips.

“Two beautiful girls laying in my bed waiting for me, when did I get so lucky?” He smirked before walking to his dresser and pulling out his clothes. “I’ll just go change and wake up Tom.”

We sat up and waited, again, for Oliver to walk back into his room.

“Now that I have clothes on, what would you ladies like to do?” Oliver said as he sat on my lap.

“I’m only here because you have something to tell me.” Shae groaned.

“Oh yeah, Tom get your ass in here.” Oliver yelled and Tom came in and rolled his eyes. “Next time you two want to fuck could be a little quieter; some of us don’t want to hear your sex sounds.” He said with a smirk. Shae and Tom both looked at him wide-eyed and I shoved my face into his shoulder to muffle my laughter.

“Let’s just watch some shitty movies.” Shae mumbled.

Tom walked out of Oliver’s room and Shae followed after him. Oliver got off my lap and held out his hand for me to hold, I grabbed it and he pulled me to my feet. We walked down the stairs and to the living room to watch movies.

We didn’t actually end up watching the movies that were playing; we instead chose to talk about everything we could think of.

“Our mom is leaving tomorrow for a few days, so you two better be over all the time to keep up company.” I laughed as Tom rested his head on my shoulder. He and I talked the most the last few hours, seeing as we hadn’t had a proper talk yet. He was very nice and funny; I think we spent more time laughing than anything else.

“You know what you should do?” Tom asked excitedly. I looked at him confused, “throw a party while your mom is away.”

“No. Hell no, we are not doing that, Spence.” Shae said instantly.

I groaned, “Why? It’s not like she’ll find out! We can do it tomorrow night and that will give us plenty of time to fix what needs fixing.”

“I think it’s a good plan.” Tom said smiling.

Shae stayed quiet for a second, contemplating the idea of having a party. “Fine” she mumbled.
“Yes!” Tom and I yelled happily.

“We have to get home, so you two call all your little friends for tomorrow night. Call you guys later!” I said as I grabbed Shae and made our way home.

I was excited for tomorrow night and very shocked that Shae had agreed to it; it was very un-her. She was the one who could talk me out of the really stupid ideas I had and I usually got her to live a little. We walked into our house to see my mom making dinner for us. She was an amazing cook but it wasn’t very often she could cook because of her hectic work hours. I always appreciated her home cooked meals.

“Made your favorite, come set the table and we can eat.” Mom said taking the eggplant parmesan out of the oven.

We sat at the table and ate the meal mom prepared for us. We didn’t talk much because we were too busy enjoying the rarely cooked dinner. After we ate and cleaned up we went into the living room to spend the rest of our night with our mom before she left. It was a good night spent talking and watching crappy reality television shows. It wasn’t often I got to spend time with my mom and I always enjoyed when we did.

I woke up on the couch with Shae’s head in my lap and mom nowhere to be found. I grabbed my phone from the side table and checked the time; 12:30. Well fuck. I managed to get off the couch without waking Shae and walked to the kitchen. I was about to pour myself a bowl of cereal when I found a piece of paper with my mom’s handwriting on it.

Girls,
I didn’t want to wake you, you looked too tired. I will be back in four days, BE GOOD. I trust you to make smart decisions. I left a couple hundred dollars in your wallet, Spence. Use it wisely. Love you two; call me every night and morning so I know you’re alive. If you need anything call Carol.
xoxo,
Mom.

I sent her quick text telling her to be safe and continued pouring my cereal. I ate it quickly before running into the living room and jumping on Shae.

“What the fuck is your deal, whore?” she groaned.

I laughed her calling ME a whore. Ok. “Get up; we have to get this party ready before people show up. It’s twelve and we have no alcohol to give people!” I said walking up the stairs to shower and get ready. After I got ready I was busy cleaning up the house and by the time I finished everything I had to do Shae was dragging me to her room to pick my outfit.

“Go put this on” she said handing me a black lacey dress that went down mid-thigh and was rather tight fitting.

I put on the dress and walked back to Shae’s room to find her dressed in a glittery hot pink bandage skirt pulled up to her waist and a black bandeau. She sat me down and immediately started doing my hair and makeup. It wasn’t often I took the time to curl my hair but apparently tonight was one of those times. My hair was in messy ringlets and my makeup was simple; light pink lip and a small cat-eye.

I walked down stairs to find Oliver, Tom and the rest of their gang sitting in my living room. “Well damn, I like walking down my stairs and seeing a bunch of cute guys in my house.” I smirked as I walked past them and to the kitchen. I opened the fridge to grab a water bottle when I felt hands hold my waist. I turned around to come face to face with Vegan.

“Well hello there.” I smiled.

“Hey, you look awful pretty.”

I felt my cheeks heat up and I looked down at my hands, “thank you.”

After about an hour of people showing up my house was filled with complete strangers getting wasted. I was dancing with Vegan, Lee, and Tom for the most part of the night. I wanted to dance with Shae but I assumed she was already fucking some guy.

“I’m going to get another drink; Tom, come with me?” I asked pulling Tom into the kitchen with me.
He was pouring Jack and Coke into my cup and laughing about I don’t even know what. He finished pouring some drink into his cup and grabbed my hand to go back to dancing. We were passing the stairs when he froze and his grip on my hand tightened.

“Tommy, what’s wrong?” I asked not noticing what was happening on my stairs. I forced my eyes to look at what caught Tom in his tracks and was quite shocked by what I saw. We stood in silence as we watched Shae pull Oliver up the stairs and forcefully kissing him when they reached the top. It was like no one else was around; they were practically having sex right there. Shae pulled back and quickly grabbed his hand and made her way to her room where we heard the door slam.
♠ ♠ ♠
WOW OKAY, I DON'T REALLY LIKE THIS AND I'M SO SORRY IT SUCKS. I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M DOING WITH MY LIFE. SORRY.