Status: Hopefully I will update once a week!

Starting Over

EIGHT.

I don’t know why the fuck I continue to drink when all I get is a hangover from hell. It felt like someone was stabbing my head with a dull knife so the pain would be worse. I rolled onto my side and checked the time on my phone, 3:24. How did I sleep for so long? Fuck, I have to clean my house. I groaned to myself before rolling off the bed and hitting the floor. Wincing when my head hit the floor I closed my eyes to stop the room from spinning. After a few minutes I slowly stood up and walked to Shae’s room to find her still sleeping.

Ignoring the voice in my head telling me to leave her alone, I jumped onto her bed and jumped on her bed.

“What the fuck are you doing?” she mumbled into her pillow.

“Waking up the best person ever so she can help me clean our house.” I laughed.

“Fine, bitch.” She growled as she got off her bed and walked to her door.

Smiling at my accomplishment I followed her downstairs to see the travesty that is our house. There were bottles of alcohol everywhere, and half smoked blunts and cigarettes on the floor. Thankfully there was no actual damage to anything so the cleaning wouldn’t take long. We didn’t hesitate in getting started picking up the bottles and cups. I couldn’t help but think about the events that happened the night before. I wonder if she knew what happened or is she was too drunk to remember. I didn’t know how to ask her but I knew I had to before I talked to Tom or Oliver about it.

Thankfully she noticed my quietness and asked why I wasn’t talking to her.

“Just thinking” I mumbled.

“So did you get lucky last night?”

I froze and felt my cheeks heat at her question. I looked at her and bit my lip to which she gave me a knowing smirk.

“Who was the lucky guy?” She practically yelled.

“Vegan” I said quietly, the blush on my cheek darkening.

“Oh my fucking god, are you serious?” she yelled, throwing her arms in the air.

“Did you get any?” I asked even though I knew the answer.

She sighed and shook her head, “I tried but whoever I brought up didn’t want to. He said it would be wrong, I guess he had a girlfriend.” She shrugged showing that she didn’t really care. At least she had no idea she was planning on boning Oliver. “Was he good?”

I dropped the garbage bag I was filling with bottles and snapped my head in her direction; did she just ask me that? I blushed when I saw her smirk and nodded. She smiled wide and giggled at how she was making me flustered. I was never one to talk about things like my “sexual” encounters with people, “Better than Brandon.”

“I’m pretty sure a dead guy would be better than Brandon.” She muttered making me laugh.
I grabbed the garbage bag and continued to clean the house in silence. Brandon. We “talked” for a year before I knew Shae. We took each other’s virginity and then he stopped talking to me. He went out of his way to avoid me and it hurt like a bitch to know you gave a part of yourself up to someone you though could trust only to have to ignore you for the rest of your existence. I soon after met Shae and opened up to her about it. Turns out the night after I fucked Brandon he made his move on Shae, and it worked. I never held it against her because we didn’t know each other then. She didn’t know that less than twenty-four hours ago he lost his virginity to her future sister.

Unlike me, Shae lost her virginity freshman year to one of the senior football players. She was one of the dancers and after a winning game she had her own little celebratory party with him. That’s how her one-night stand life began. She didn’t really care for relationships and she only wanted sex after that. It hasn’t hurt her yet so I guess it’s a good plan. I, on the other hand, had only done relationships. I’ve had a one-night stand and I don’t plan on it either. I had only two boyfriends and then Brandon so my experience with guys wasn’t exceptionally good.

“Going across the street to see the guys, we’ll be over later!” I yelled to Shae as I run across the street.

As I reached the front door I noticed that Carol was home so I figured I should knock. I hit my knuckles to the door lightly and waited for someone to open it. Not more than thirty seconds passes before Carol opened the door and immediately pulled me into a hug.

“It’s so good to see you, Spencer.” She said as she let me into her home, “How are you, dear?”

We walked into the kitchen and she poured too mugs of coffee, handing me one of them. “I’m good, how are you?”

She nodded and took a sip of her coffee, “I’m fine, and I assume you’re here for the boys?”

I nodded and set my mug on the counter, “Yes, are they in?”

“Of course, I think they’re still asleep actually. You can go wake them though.”

“Thanks for the coffee; I’m positive I’ll see you soon.” I smiled before running up the stairs. Oliver’s door was open and he was sleeping, like his mother said. I jumped on his bed and yelled, “Wake up shithead. I have good news.”

He did nothing but groan and roll onto his stomach, shoving his face in his pillow. I rolled my eyes and shook his shoulders, “Seriously you fucker, I have really good news.”

“What is such good news that you have to wake me up?” He mumbled.

“Shae has no idea who she tried to sleep with last night; she doesn’t know it was you.” I lied down next to him and smiled at him. He returned it but quickly shoved me off his bed. “What the hell?”
“I’m tired, bitch. Go tell Tom so he can stop hating me.” He looked at me with almost sad eyes. I knew what Tom said to him was hurting him; I mean he’s his little brother.

“Oli” I sat up and grabbed his hand, “You have to tell him. He is your brother and even though you didn’t know it would, you hurt him. I can’t fix that.”

“I know” he said quietly.

“I will tell him that Shae doesn’t remember last night but I can’t apologize for you and make him not hate you. That’s your job.” I kissed the top of his hand and stood up to leave.

“When you’re done with Tom come back, please? We have a boy to talk about.” He winked and I rolled my eyes.

I ran into Tom’s room and jumped on his bed like I did to Oliver. “Tommy!”

“What?” he mumbled.

I sat on the edge of his bed Indian style and stared at him until he sat up. He didn’t look like his normal happy self. I kind of get why, though. He still thought his brother slept with the girl he shouldn’t even have feelings for.

“Tom, Shae has no idea who she tried to fuck last night so please don’t tell her.”

He looked at me with a confused expression. I was about to ask when he spoke, “Tried?”

“That’s a conversation to have with your brother.” I patted his leg and got off the bed. “I’ll be with Oli if you want to talk, k?”

I walked into Oliver’s room to see he put pants on. “So, you and Vegan?” he asked with a smirk.

I blushed and looked at my feet, “what about it?”

“He told me, we’re best friends you know?” he chuckled.

“My life will never be private again.” I mumbled and fell face-first onto his bed.

“He’s gonna call you.” he said matter-of-factly.

“That’s the rumor.” I said as my phone started to ring. Just my luck: Vegan. I hit the answer button and pressed the phone to my ear, “Hey, Vegan.”

“Hey, Spencer I got to ask you something.”

Oliver smiled at me then proceeded to make “kissy” faces. I stuck my tongue out at him and flipped him off. “Hey, give me like two minutes to go home. I’m at Oli’s and he is being a dick.” I laughed. Oliver pretended to be hurt but I just rolled my eyes at him. I was almost out of his room before he stopped me and wrapped his arms around me. I mimicked his action and he kissed the top of my head.

“See you later, Spence.”

“Talk to Tom, please?” I whispered. He nodded and I walked to the stairs.

I ran across the street to get home as fast as possible, “Okay, what did you want to ask me?”
“Well, I was wondering if you are free tonight.”

I smiled, “Yeah, you can come over. Oliver and Tom might be by later to watch a movie if that’s cool.”

“Can I come over earlier than them? I have something important to talk to you about.”

“Oh… yeah sure; come by whenever.”

I ended the conversation with Vegan and my mind wouldn’t stop racing. What’s so important that he couldn’t tell me over the phone? Maybe he just doesn’t want Oli and Tom there? Why wouldn’t he want to see his best friend? I deiced not to worry about and to get ready. I had just finished putting on a shirt when my doorbell rang. “Shae, can you get that? I have no pants on!”

“Okay!” she yelled back. I heard the front door open and Shae and someone else talking. “Spence, Vegans here.”

“Be down in the few.” I yelled and scrambled around my room to find a pair of pants. I finally pulled on a pair of dark skinny jeans and ran downstairs.

“What did you want to talk about?” I asked Vegan as we sat on the couch.

“Uhm, I know we’ve only been on one date and we’ve already fucked and this may be too soon or completely stupid but I really feel like this is a good thing. I really like you and I would really like you to be mine. Spencer, will you be my girlfriend?”

I’m pretty sure my heart stopped.
♠ ♠ ♠
kind of a filler and totally boring. Lots of good shit happening next chapter. I hope I'm not a boring writer. I feel like I'm a boring writer. Please tell me if I'm a boring writer. I mean it. Please.