"Mother" of the Year

Prologue - Alec

“I didn’t ask for this, Alec!”

I stood in front of the door entrance, watching as she throws various articles of clothing into a large suitcase.

I wanted to protest more.
I wanted to tell her what she was doing was irrational and that she wasn’t thinking anything through right now.

But I know that nothing is going to stop her from leaving.

“Why can’t we talk this out, Lena? Why is this the best solution?”
“I just wanted it to be us! I didn’t ask to have a child at sixteen! I didn’t ask to have to raise one!”

“But he’s turning out great!”
“We raised a faggot who can’t even function by himself! Is that ‘great’ to you?!”

I bit down on my lip.

“He's only seven! And...Don’t call him that…”
“I don't care! He is a faggot! And you know well enough that I don’t deal with them!”

“…You dealt with me for seven years.”

She froze, wide eyes staring at me.

“I’m bisexual, Lena. I thought you knew that…”

She looked away from me, throwing another shirt into her suitcase.

“That fuckin’ explains a lot. All the more reason for me to leave!”
I balled up my fists.

“That’s it? You’re just going to throw away seven years because of who our son and I are attracted to?! You’re going to leave our son, the one that we raised together, the one that you willingly gave birth to, because of that?!”

She slammed the suitcase shut, picking it up before dashing out the room.

What’s the point? Why should I chase after her after what she said?

I followed her down the stairs.

Because, I want to work this out. I still want us all to be together as a happy family.

“Lena, please! I refuse to let you leave without us talking about this!”
I felt a small object hit me the chest as I walked towards her, hearing it hit the floor with a small clink!

Her wedding band.


She opened the door before glancing back at me.

“Faggot!”

She slammed the door behind her, and I knew that would be the last time I’d ever see her.

I picked up the ring before looking back at the door, silently hoping that this was all a joke.
The tears finally came, and in two minutes, I was a sobbing mess, on the floor with my back resting against the wall.

All because of who I am.
All because of…


“Daddy…?”

I looked up towards the voice, seeing my son standing in front of me with a worried look on his face.

“What’s wrong…? Where’s Mommy…?”
I shook my head, running a hand through my hair.

He didn’t ask anything else. He hugged and comforted me as best as he could.

“I love you, Daddy.”
“I love you too, Kyle. Go back to bed, okay? Daddy’s going to be fine.”

But he didn’t listen, and stayed by my side until he fell asleep.

We’re going to be fine.
We’re going to get through this together.
♠ ♠ ♠
Annnnnnd Alec's prologue since it's done haha
'Til the next chapter (prologue), lovelies!