Status: NOTICE: This story is on TEMPORARY hiatus. It will be back soon enough.

Let Me Tell You How I Died...

Rise And Shine, Kitten

Past (Pete's Recollection)
Pete's P.O.V.

"Katie, get up. You're gonna be late for school," Patrick yelled from the hallway.

Katie groaned, exasperated and tired. "Come on, Pat. Can't I please stay home today?"

"No, Katie. You know that," he said sticking his head in the doorway of her room.

"I hate you," she mumbled not at all serious.

He smiled knowing she could never say that and mean it. "I know ...now up, up, up."

"Ugh! Fine!" She gave in finally rolling out of bed.

She stumbled tiredly into the hallway only to bump into me.

"Oh. Ha. Sorry," I mumbled, a smile cracking my face. She was so adorable when she first woke up.

Katie smiled back and laughed a little. "No it's ok."

"Ladies first," I said bowing and extending my arm towards the stairs at the end of the hall.

"Thank you." She giggled at my exaggerated show of gentlemen-ship as she stepped gracefully past me and toward the stairs.

Biting my lip to hide my boyish smile, I followed.

"Morning," Joe said brightly as Katie and I reached the bottom of the stairs and headed for the kitchen table. "Just in time for breakfast."

We both mumbled back something that at least sounded like good morning and plopped down into the chairs around the table.

"You guys are pathetic," Joe said shaking his head at us. "It's a beautiful morning. The sun's coming up. The birds are singing-"

"The Kat wants to go back to bed," Katie said referring to herself, making all of us laugh a little.

"Aww. Poor little Kitty," Andy said reaching across the table and ruffling her hair.

She snapped at the air pretending to try and bite him.

"BAD KAT," Joe yelled, tapping her lightly on the nose.

"Hey," Patrick defended. "You leave my Kat alone."

She smiled at him and stuck her tongue out at Joe and Andy.

I sat in my chair, an amused smile plastered across my face. She was so ...perfect. Funny, beautiful, brilliant ...she was like no one I'd ever laid eyes on before ...and yet ...I'd known her practically my entire life.

We all ate our breakfast over talk and laughter like every morning (except weekends when we all slept in).

Andy and Patrick volunteered to clean up while Joe and I plopped down in front of the tv and Katie dragged herself back upstairs to get ready for school.

She took a shower, brushed her teeth, got dressed, straightened her hair, and did her makeup all in less than 15 minutes.

She grabbed her books and purse and went back down the stairs.

Just like every morning at this time, someone very special was waiting for her at the bottom.

She smiled as she saw him. "Good morning, Hemingway," she said lovingly to the dog sitting patiently by the door.

She knelled down and held her free arm out to him and he trotted happily over to receive his hug.

"Ready?" Patrick asked grabbing his keys and starting for the door, ready to drive Katie to school.

Hemingway whimpered in protest and laid his head on Katie's knee.

"Aww. See? Hemmy doesn't want me to go," she ventured, an innocent look on her gorgeous face. "I should stay."

"Hemingway!" I said enthusiastically. "Want a treat?"

The dog turned away from Katie and ran, top-speed, over to me before leaping on top of me and the couch I was sprawled on.

Katie stood and glared at me as I rubbed Hemmy's ears. "Pete!" She whined. I thought my heart would stop at that very moment. No doubt it skipped at least two beats. "That was so unfair and you better give him a treat now."

Searching hard for my voice I laughed softly. "I'll give him one, I promise."

"Okay," she smiled slightly. "Bye, guys."

We all said goodbye to her in unison.

"Have a good day, Kitty Kat," Andy said using our nickname for her. She loved being called that and I saw her smile as he said it.

"I'll try," she promised.

One last heart melting smile ...and she was gone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah ...Pete's got it bad!
But Hemingway's 10 different kinds of adorable!

Image

What a cutie!
The dog's not bad either.
lol.
Just kidding.
I meant the dog in the first place.

Comment?
None yet.
Sad.
:(

♥Muffin