Status: Active =)

Don't Give up on Me

Kiss Me Quick, But Make It Last

“This was fun, and I truly appreciate getting to know you lads, but I have to leave for Japan tomorrow.” Ben stood up awkwardly as Anchorman finished.

“You’re leaving?” I asked quietly as I looked up at him.

“I’m sorry Lexy. I would love to stay but I have to go where my company needs me right now.” He offered a gentle smile. “We’ll catch up more soon, I promise. Here, hand me your phone.” I handed it over and he entered his number for me. “Now you can get in touch with me whenever.” He kissed my cheek and gave Lily a hug before heading out the door. I caught the looks each of the guys gave each other and narrowed my eyes as Zayn, Louis, and Liam stood up.

“Love you guys, but we’re heading out.” Liam spoke for the others. The girls followed suit, giving each of us hugs before leaving.

“It was so nice to meet you Alexis.” Eleanor smiled at me, squeezing my hand. “Can we please have a shopping day soon?”

“I’d really like that.” My eyes sparkled. “We’ll find a time soon when I’m not at school or swamped with homework.”

“Perfect!” Perrie added. “Lily you too!”

“It’s going to be so much fun!” Lily gushed, clapping her hands in excitement. The girls laughed and walked out with the guys. I looked at Harry and Lily feeling a knot in my stomach forming as Harry whispered in her ear. Niall slipped his arm around my waist, holding me close to his side as he flipped through channels on the TV. A blush crept from Lily’s neck to her cheeks as she bit her lip. She ducked her head, giggling as Harry nuzzled into her neck.

“Lex, can I talk to you?” She stood up and led the way to the kitchen. I sighed as I followed.

“What’s up Lily?”

“Can you maybe stay here with Niall again while I take Harry to our place?” She twisted her hands together. “I’d love to go back to his but Lou and El are reuniting.”

“Lil.” I sighed, rubbing my temples. “You’ve known Harry one day.”

“It’s not like that. We want to have some time together before our first date. He said he’s attracted to me but wants to get to know me as a person before we get too intimate. Lex, I really like this guy. I know I’m difficult when it comes to guys, but please? Besides, you need some time with Niall to work through what happened tonight.”

“Lily, please.” I pleaded with her, biting my lip.

“Alexis Noelle. I know that you have a fear of relationships, but you really need to reassure Niall that this will go somewhere. Please face him and get past this. It will help heal you, I promise.”

“I don’t know Lily. He scares me.”

“Why does he scare you Lex? He’s not going to hurt you like David.”

“That’s the thing though. I could handle another guy like David. Granted, he'd be terrible for me but I know how to deal with guys like that. Niall is sweet and patient and caring. I worry that I’m going to let him down.”

“Lex, you never could.” Lily reached across the counter for my hand. She squeezed it sympathetically. “He likes you. Give this a chance, a real chance Alexis. He’s good for you, and I think you’re good for him too.”

“Really?” I glanced over at Niall who was eyeing my body. He grinned at me impishly and I flushed, turning back to Lily. “Okay, maybe you’re right, but I’m still scared.”

“It’s okay to be scared about it. I’ll be here to help you every step of the way.”

“Thanks Lily. I’ll stay with him tonight. Be safe with Harry okay?”

“Thank you, thank you, thank you!” She flung her arms around me and raced back to the guys.

“I’m guessing you’re okay with this plan then?” Harry looked at me hopefully.

“Yes, I am. Just treat her well Harry.” I smiled at him as he pulled me into a hug. His arms tightened briefly before letting me go.

“Milady,” Harry bowed slightly, offering his hand to Lily. “I would love to escort you back to your place.” Lily giggled and accepted his hand. “Have fun you two! Don’t do anything I wouldn’t do!”

“Oh, that’s sure limiting.” I rolled my eyes sarcastically. He and Lily laughed as they left the flat. I immediately reverted my gaze to my hands, playing with my fingers. I could feel Niall’s eyes on me, waiting patiently for me to pay attention to him. I swallowed and slowly raised my eyes to look into his. “Hi.” I whispered shyly.

“Would you like to watch a movie with me?” Niall asked quietly. I nodded. “What would you like?”

“I love Disney, but if I remember right you’re not the biggest fan. Oh! Can we watch Get Smart? I mean the newer one with Steve Carell?”

“Sounds good to me darlin’.” Niall reached for the remote, navigating through his Netflix. As he started the movie I was painfully aware of the fact that I was alone with him, truly alone. The butterflies in my stomach lifted into flight as I stared at the screen. Niall’s arm held me close as it gently wrapped around my waist. I rested tentatively against his chest, feeling the rhythm of his breathing. “Are you okay?” He murmured, his voice low in my ear as I felt his chest rumble.

“Yeah.” I breathed. “Why?”

“You’re really tense. Can I help in any way?” I glanced up at him and noted he was trying to keep his eyes fixed ahead of him instead of staring at me.

“I don’t know.” I gnawed on my lip thinking of something, anything, he could do. “Can you just give me a minute to adjust to this?” I pulled out of his hold, moving to the other side of the couch. I could see the hurt in his position and looked away.

“Adjust to what?” He asked quietly, slumping down a bit on the couch.

“Well, it’s hard for me to be alone with a guy. I’m trying Ni, I really am.”

“I know you are.” He whispered. “It’s just hard for me to be here with you and not feel your warmth. I think about you all the time. I catch myself wondering what it would be like to kiss you constantly. Lex, this is hard for me too. I’m trying to give you the time and space you need, but I’m struggling to keep myself in check.” I felt guilt and frustration building in my gut. I shook my head, trying to rid myself of the growing feelings. I knew what I needed to do, but I was slightly anxious about my reaction.

“Niall?”

“Yeah Lex?”

“Kiss me?” His head whipped in my direction with wide eyes.

“Lex, are you positive? You’ve been very vulnerable tonight and I don’t want our first kiss to be a response to that. I also know that you probably feel guilty about how hard this is for me. The last thing I want is for you to kiss me out of guilt when it may hurt you.”

I smiled at him for that. “Thank you for checking Niall, but I really do think I’m ready. Besides, it’s too hard for me to wait.”

“I don’t know Lex.” He hesitated as his body moved closer to mine. His hand caressed my cheek as he looked into my eyes, searching for any form of doubt. I bit my lip as his fingers trailed lightly down my neck, tracing my collarbone. “Damn Lex.” He all but growled before capturing my lips with his. The pit in my stomach exploded, sending fire through my veins. I gripped his shirt and pulled his body down on mine as I lay back further against the couch. My legs tangled with his as I responded to his kiss. He held himself up with one hand as the other moved itself against the back of my neck. Despite the desperation of his hold, his lips were decidedly gentle.

We broke away rapidly as we heard a low whistle. “Get some.” Harry grinned at us as he walked back through the door.

“What the hell man?” Niall stood up quickly, separating our bodies. Though my embarrassed self was grateful, my heated body longed for Niall’s warm and caring hold.

“I forgot my phone.” He grinned impishly at us. “My bad.”

“It’s okay.” I smiled warmly at him, standing up beside Niall. Niall’s shoulders were tensed and he pinched the bridge of his nose while closing his eyes. Harry looked at me apologetically. I grinned at him, rolling my eyes. “Come on Ni, he didn’t mean to make this weird.”

“It’s not that. We just finally reached somewhere. You didn’t freak out, and he ruined it.”

“No he didn’t.” I replied softly, reaching to intertwine my fingers with his. I raised myself up on my toes, my lips gently touching the edge of his jaw next to his ear. His head rolled back slightly and his grip on my hand tightened. “I’m still okay.” I grinned at Harry. “Now apologize for getting mad at Harry.”

“But Lex-“

“Niall, you didn’t need to get upset with him. You would have gone into his place for your phone if you’d left it there. Don’t have a double standard.”

“Fine.” He smiled at me. “You’re too good for me Lex.”

“I dunno about that.” I winked at him. “Now say you’re sorry.”

“Sorry Harry.” He smiled. “I overreacted.”

“It’s okay man.” Harry grinned. “Just wait until I tell Lily.”

“Please let me be the one to tell her. It’s a really big deal for me to let somebody kiss me. Usually I hyperventilate or punch the guy, so Niall is quite lucky. Lucky and he’s special.”

“You knew you might punch me and you still let me kiss you?” Niall looked down at me.

“Well, yeah. But I told you I was ready.”

“So? You could have punched me!”

“There’s a lot I could have done Ni, but I didn’t. Instead I did this,” I pulled him closer to me, connecting our lips again before pulling away. “Now, Harry get back to Lily before she starts to worry. We’ll see you soon. How about this, in the morning we’ll all head over to my flat and Lily and I can make breakfast for you guys?”

“That would be nice,” Harry paused. “We’ve got a thing in the morning though.”

"It’s okay.” I smiled. “I have school. My weekend is over now.”

“Alright. Our thing starts at 9. Can we eat before 8?” Harry asked.

“Perfect. Niall and I will be there. We’ll let the others know.” I grinned at Harry, letting go of Niall’s hand. I moved over to him, wrapping my arms around his waist. “Thank you Harry, and be good to Lily.” He kissed the top of my head.

“Don’t you worry your pretty little self.” He replied. “She’s different than the rest.” I grinned in response and propelled him out of the door.

“Thank you.” Niall murmured, resting his forehead against mine.

“For what?”

“You calmed me down when I was getting unnecessarily angry with Haz.”

“It’s what I do.” I shrugged. “Lil calls me the peacemaker. I guess I just don’t like when people get angry. It makes me nervous.”

“And rightfully so.” Niall replied, pulling me into a hug. “Would you like to finish the rest of the movie?”

“That would be perfect.” I smiled up at him, half-expecting a kiss from him. Instead he led me to the couch, pulling me into his arms as we focused on the screen.

“I know you think that since we kissed I’m expecting it all the time, but that’s not who I am.” He whispered. I pulled back slightly so I could look at him as he spoke. “Lex, I like you a lot. The last thing I want to do is screw things up just because I want to kiss you all the time.” I blushed deeply, but refused to break eye contact. “I also want each kiss to mean something. I don’t want to kiss you out of habit because it ruins the intimacy of the kiss.”

“Niall, how have you been single this long?” I asked him, genuinely curious. “You’re amazing and patient and romantic. Any girl would be so happy to have you.”

“I just haven’t found a girl who interests me. Most girls would take advantage of the kind of boyfriend I strive to be, and that’s not what I want. I want to be appreciated as much as I appreciate the girl I’m with.” I smiled at that, curling into his body as we lay on the couch in comfortable silence. We watched the movie and I was amazed that we had the same humor. As the movie ended Niall squeezed me tightly.

“Ni? I hate to say this but I need some sleep.” I yawned, fighting to keep my eyes open.

“Okay. Would you like to have your own bed or would you rather share with me?”

“I’d love to share your bed, if that’s okay.” I blushed as I stood up.

“Perfect.” He grinned, sweeping me off my feet.

“Niall! I can walk!” I giggled as he carried me bridal style to his room. “But thank you, this is very sweet.”

“It’s my pleasure.” He smiled, laying me on the bed. His lips softly touched my forehead before pulling back slightly to look into my eyes. My breathing hitched in my throat at the intensity of his gaze and he smirked.

“It’s not funny.” I pouted.

“Yes, it is.” He grinned at me. “I love that I affect you this much.”

“I do too, and I don’t. It’s new for me and it scares me.” I looked away, hiding my eyes.

“Does this scare you?” His lips grazed my cheek. I kept my eyes closed, shaking my head. “How about this?” I felt slight pressure on my collarbone. I drew in a sharp breath in response, my eyes flying open to see his mischievous eyes.

“A little.” I fought to regulate my breathing, but before I had it under control he leaned in and gingerly touched my lips with his own. Fireworks erupted in my head and I flung my arms around his neck, bringing his body closer to mine. He pulled back, kissing down my cheek to my neck. His lips explored my soft flesh ‘til he found my sweet spot. The moment his lips touched it my hips bucked into his and my fingers tangled in his blonde hair. A low moan escaped my lips and he pulled back abruptly. “What’s wrong?” I blushed, biting my lip.

“I have to stop before we regret this.” He replied quietly. “Your moan is a little too much for me to hear.”

“What do you mean?” I asked, sitting up in his bed while he moved over to his side of the bed.

“It gets to me and I want to hear it more.” He replied, making himself busy by pulling the covers up. “However, I know that this moved a little fast tonight and I want to help it slow down. I don’t want you to think I’m only after sex with you.”

“You’re amazing Niall.” I smiled at him. He shook his head, pulling off his shirt.

“I’m not that amazing. I just like you.”

“I like you too.” I curled myself against his body quickly, avoiding the depth of his gaze. I knew that if I looked at his perfection much longer I wouldn’t stop ‘til I got what I wanted. He held me intimately, playing with a few strands of my hair.

“Lex?”

“Hmm?” I felt my body relaxing as I started falling asleep.

“Sleep tight.” I could hear something hidden in his voice, but I was too tired to figure out what it was. “And sweet dreams.”

“You too Ni.” I placed a chaste kiss to his chest before letting myself drift into a peaceful sleep.

NIALL'S POV

I wanted to ask her to be mine, but she deserved better than me asking her out while we lay in my bed. I wanted to make it special, like her. She deserved the world and I want to be the one to give it to her. Kissing Lex is the greatest feeling, second only to holding her in my arms. I texted the guys with my free hand, holding her tightly with the other. I told them my plan and each of them was very excited. I slipped out of bed, waiting to make sure Alexis didn't wake up.

"Niall?" Lily's voice sounded over the phone.

"Hey Lily."

"Is she okay? Is she freaking out?" Lily's concern seeped through the phone.

"She's amazing Lil. I know she wants to talk to you tomorrow before she goes to school."

"Oh good. Then why are you calling?"

"Well, I want to ask her to be my girlfriend. But she deserves this to be done in a special way. I need your help to do this though. The guys and have a plan." She squealed loudly and I laughed before telling her what was going to happen. "Thanks Lil. I'll see you in the morning."

"Good! I'm so happy for you both." She giggled. "Harry! Stop!"

"On that note, I'll let the two of you be."

"It's nothing bad Niall! He's tickling me!"

"Sure he is." I teased. "G'dnight Lily."

"Goodnight Niall." I slid into bed next to the beautiful blonde. She rolled into my body, seeking my comforting hold.

"Where'd you go?" She asked quietly.

"I had to take a phone call." I replied, wrapping her safely in my arms.

"Okay." She replied through her yawn. I smiled as she curled in closely to me. Her lips touched my collarbone briefly before her breathing pattern steadied. I closed my eyes, forcing myself to calm down as I slipped into my dreams.
♠ ♠ ♠
So...they finally kissed! I hope you guys liked it. I'll have another one up soon, this time about Harry and Lily! xoxo