Status: Active =)

Don't Give up on Me

But Now You're In My Way

HARRY’S POV

“So we’re going back to your place tonight?” I asked Lily, gently bumping her small frame as we walked down the hall outside Niall's door.

“Yeah.” She was quiet, a rare occurrence in the short time I’ve gotten to know her.

“Where’s your head at, love?” I stopped moving, leaning against the wall behind me. She turned back, retracing her steps and propped herself against the wall across from me.

“I’m worried about Lexy.” Lily bit her bottom lip, tugging it between her teeth repeatedly as thoughts appeared to race through her mind. I refocused my attention on her eyes, since her lip was enough to drive me crazy. “She hasn’t been in a relationship before and she’s scared. I’m not sure she’s let herself fall for a guy until Niall. She wants it to work but she’s terrified that she’s going to let him down.”

“Your Alexis is an amazing girl.” I commented. “Niall knows that and he’ll help her see it too.”

“I know,” she sighed dejectedly. “It’s just hard for me not to worry about her, especially after how much she opened up tonight. That’s the first time she’s openly talked about James and David with people. She never talks about her parents either. Not since I’ve known her. Harry, even I never knew what happened to them until now.”

“Lily, it’s okay to worry about her. But she’s strong and she’ll be okay. Niall is with her and he’d call you if she needed you.”

“Really?” Her eyes held hope and it made my heart leap.

“Yes love. And you look beautiful. Can I take a picture of you so I can look at you whenever I want?”

That’s a cute line.” She scoffed and rolled her eyes, quite obviously thinking I was using it to get in her pants.

“Lil, I’m serious.”

“Sure you are. You seriously want some tonight. Harry, maybe you should just go home.” She crossed her arms over her chest.

“Lily, if I wanted to get in your pants I wouldn’t use some pathetic line to get at you.”

“Oh really?”

“Yes really, I’d just do this.” I grabbed her hand, pulling her body rapidly into mine. One of my hands slipped to her lower back, pressing her body tightly against mine as I leaned in for a kiss. Our lips connected and she immediately responded. I backed her up against the wall, pinning her hands above her head. Our lips matched perfectly and I tugged on her lower lip with my teeth. She gasped and our tongues began to dance together. I let go of her wrists and lifted her body up slightly so she could wrap her legs around my waist. A soft moan escaped her lips while I traced patterns on her legs. I pulled back at that and gently set her down.

“Okay, that might work.” She looked at me, her chest heaving. “Did you really want a picture?”

“I’d love one.” I smiled at her warmly, reaching into my pockets for my phone. “Damn.”

“What’s wrong?”

“I left my phone in Niall’s flat.” I replied, running my hand through my hair.

“You can go get it. I’ll wait here.” She leaned back against the wall. “I have to catch my breath anyway.”

“Alright love.” I winked at her. “I’ll be back in a moment.” I walked back to Niall’s, about to knock when I heard the sounds of a movie coming from inside. I turned the doorknob and it was already open, so I entered. I glanced inside, letting out a low whistle as I saw Niall and Alexis on the couch in a passionate kiss. “Get some!” I called out cheekily.

“What the hell man?” Niall stood up quickly, leaving Alexis laying on the couch. Her cheeks were flushed and she looked like she was trying to breathe normally again.

“I forgot my phone.” I grinned at the pair of them, both disheveled. “My bad."

“It’s okay.” Alexis smiled warmly at me as she stood beside Niall. His shoulders were tensed and he pinched the bridge of his nose while closing his eyes. I looked at Alexis, begging for her help. I felt bad and didn’t mean to make him mad. She grinned up at him, rolling her eyes. “Come on Ni, he didn’t mean to make this weird.”

“It’s not that. We just finally reached somewhere. You didn’t freak out, and he ruined it.” Niall muttered sullenly.

“No he didn’t.” She responded quietly lacing her fingers with him. She lifted herself up to her toes, her lips gently touching the edge of his jaw by his ear. His head rolled back slightly and a soft gasp escaped his lips. I covered my laugh with my hand, finding this whole situation amusing. She had him twisted around her finger, but neither of them knew it. “I’m still okay.” She grinned at me. “Now apologize for getting mad at Harry.”

“But Lex-“

“Niall, you didn’t need to get upset with him. You would have gone into his place for your phone if you’d left it there. Don’t have a double standard.” She cut his excuse off.

“Fine.” He smiled at her. “You’re too good for me Lex.”

“I dunno about that.” She winked at him. “Now say you’re sorry.”

“Sorry Hazza.” He smiled. “I overreacted.”

“It’s okay Nialler.” I grinned. “Just wait until I tell Lily.”

“Please let me be the one to tell her. It’s a really big deal for me to let somebody kiss me. Usually I hyperventilate or punch the guy, so Niall is quite lucky. Lucky and he’s special.” Alexis pleaded.

“You knew you might punch me and you still let me kiss you?” Niall looked down at her.

“Well, yeah. But I told you I was ready.”

“So? You could have punched me!” I hid another amused chuckle at the pair of them.

“There’s a lot I could have done Ni, but I didn’t. Instead I did this,” She pulled him closer by his neck, connecting their lips for a moment before pulling away. “Now, Harry get back to Lily before she starts to worry. We’ll see you soon. How about this, in the morning we’ll all head over to my flat and Lily and I can make breakfast for you guys?”

“That would be nice,” I paused. “We’ve got a thing in the morning though.”

"It’s okay.” She smiled. “I have school. My weekend is over now.”

“Alright. Our thing starts at 9. Can we eat before 8?” I asked.

“Perfect. Niall and I will be there. We’ll let the others know.” Her lips twisted into a grin, coming closer to me. Her arms wrapped around my waist. “Thank you Harry, and be good to Lily.” I softly kissed the top of her head.

“Don’t you worry your pretty little head.” I replied. “She’s different than the rest.” She smiled and pushed me out of the door. “Ready for your photo-op?” I grinned at Lily as I heard the door shut.

“That took longer than I thought it would. Are they okay?”

“They’re great!” I replied. “They’re watching a movie and relaxing on the couch.”

“Okay good.” She smiled gratefully at me. “Thanks for putting up with me tonight.”

“It’s my pleasure.” I winked at her, “now about that picture.”

-----------------------------------

“I didn’t have time to tell you this before,” I told her as we stepped into her flat. “But, I really like your flat.”

“Well thank you!” She sank onto one of their couches, dropping her purse on the table next to her.

“A little tired?” I chuckled as I sat next to her.

"Yeah, you could say that.” She closed her eyes for a moment. I glanced over her body, admiring her stunning curves. “What?” Her lips curved upward in an amused smile.

“You’re just stunning and I’m very lucky to have this chance to know you better.” I responded, raising her hand to my lips.

“You’re smooth.” She remarked. “What would you like to know?”

“If you’re okay with telling me, I’d love to hear about your family.” I played with her fingers, watching her face.

“I’d love to!” She smiled, her eye lighting up at the thought of her family. “My parents met when they were in college and got married young. I have 3 brothers, all of them older. I’m the youngest kid and I love it that way. My oldest brother, Seth, lives in California with his wife and 2 kids. Johnny moved to Alaska and he never got married, but he loves it out there. Drew is the one I’m closest to. He still lives in Minnesota and is actually getting married next summer.” I noted the joy in her eyes and smiled back as she turned to me.

“What are they like?”

“My family is loud, but I love them. We’re all a little quirky and strange, but we have a lot of fun together. Each of us is gifted in a different way. Lex is unofficially adopted by my family and we all love her very dearly. She’s probably the most gifted of all of us.”

“What are your gifts?” I asked, tracing patterns over her legs which she’d casually strewn over my lap.

“Well, I’m starting a career in modeling. I’m also a gifted actress and I can play drums like it’s nobody’s business. Lex and I actually talked about started a band once.”

“Really?” I looked a little shocked.

“I know. Things changed after James died. Lex gave up music and dance, though she won’t explain why.”

“She’s really good at both.” I remarked.

“How did you know?” Lily asked me.

“When we first met Lex you made her sing and she played piano. Today we brought her to dance auditions as a joke, without knowing she could actually dance. It was supposed to be one of those things you fail at just to have a laugh. However, she bumped into her old partner and helped him audition.”

“Wow. I can’t believe she did that for Jonny.” Her voice had a deeper truth hidden away.

“Why? What did he do?”

“He asked her out back in Minnesota. She said yes even though she didn't like him that way. I think she worried their partnership would be ruined if she said no. So, she showed up for the date a little early only to find him on another date. She kept dancing but switched partners at that point. It was a really rough time for her.”

“So tell me more about your brothers.” Our conversation continued on as we got to know each other. We ranged from our favorite foods to how to best survive a zombie apocalypse to our faults in relationships.

“Harry?” She asked quietly, staring at our intertwined fingers.

“Hmm?” I mumbled.

“This is really nice.” She still refused to meet my eyes.

“What do you mean by that?”

“Most guys don’t want to sit and talk with me. They take one look at me and assume I’ll just give it up to them. Sad thing is, they’re not wrong. I’ve never had a guy who wanted to talk to me like this and actually get to know me. You haven’t even tried to kiss me since the hallway.” A slight blush crept up her cheeks as she thought back to it. I grinned at the memory, but pulled myself back to the present. “I like this.”

“I do too.” I replied. “I don’t think I’ve ever spent time with a bird like this. It’s different, but I really like it.”

“Though,” she looked up at me through her thick eyelashes, inviting me in. “I love kissing you.”

“Oh really?” I feigned ignorance.

“Yeah.” She breathed, leaning in and pressing a soft kiss to my neck. I smirked before leaning in for a kiss. Her phone rang loudly through the silence of the flat.

“Damn.” I sank back into the couch.

“I’m sorry! I don’t recognize the number. Is this Niall?” She thrust the phone in my face. I took a moment to look it over before nodding. “Crap. I hope everything is okay!” She answered the phone quickly, sitting straight up. "Niall?” She put the phone on speaker so I could hear the conversation as well.

“Hey Lily.” He sounded excited, but tired.

"Is she okay? Is she freaking out?" Lily's concern seeped through the phone. It was sweet how deeply she cared about Alexis. Her fierce loyalty was unbelievably attractive to me.

"She's amazing Lil. I know she wants to talk to you tomorrow before she goes to school."

"Oh good. Then why are you calling?"

"Well, I want to ask her to be my girlfriend. But she deserves this to be done in a special way. I need your help to do this though. The guys and have a plan." She squealed loudly and Niall laughed before explaining his plan. I glanced down at my phone to see a detailed message from him outlining my part in it. I replied quickly telling him how happy I was for him and how excited I was to help. "Thanks Lil. I'll see you in the morning."

"Good! I'm so happy for you both." I couldn’t help myself and reached over, tickling her sides. She giggled loudly while calling out, "Harry! Stop!"

"On that note, I'll let the two of you be." Niall’s amusement rang through the phone.

"It's nothing bad Niall! He's tickling me!" She tried to explain as her cheeks turned red.

"Sure he is." He teased. "G’dnight Lily."

“You were.” She pouted, crossing her arms over her chest.

“I know Lily, and he does too.” I smiled at her, softly kissing her cheek. “He’s just giving you a hard time.”

“Crap.” She glanced at the time on her phone. “We have to be up in 6 hours. We should probably sleep. I’ve got some of my brothers’ things here if you want to borrow them to sleep in.”

“Are you sure?” I asked, standing up and helping her off the couch.

“I’m positive.” She led the way to her room, digging through a drawer to pull out sweatpants. “I know you don’t usually wear anything, but it would be less tempting for me if you at least wore pants.”

“Thanks love.” I winked at her before leaving the room to give her privacy. I changed in a bathroom and made my way back to the couch we’d been on. I grabbed a pillow from the floor and placed it on one end of the couch. I lay down, trying to get comfortable.

“Harry?” She padded out into the room. Even in her pajamas she looked amazing.

“Yeah Lily?”

“Did you want to sleep out here? I’m good with you sleeping in my bed.” She bit her lip anxiously.

“You’re not used to this, are you?” I asked gently, standing up and following her to her room.

“Used to what?” She questioned.

“Having guys treat you with respect.”

“Not exactly. Lex has had to comfort me many times when things have gotten bad.” She looked away, a lone tear trailing down her cheek.

“Well, hopefully I can show you how much you’re worth.” I lay down, pulling her into my arms. “Sweet dreams my shining star.” I kissed her cheek gently. I'd only known Lily for a short time, but this girl was worming into my heart. I couldn't imagine not knowing her. I didn't know about her at all just a few days ago and now I'd fight to keep her in my life, happy she was in my way.

“Sweet dreams my knight.” She murmured, her voice laced with sleep. “I’m glad I know you.”

“I am too.” Our breathing synchronized as we drifted into a comfortable sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lily's pj's! http://www.polyvore.com/lily/set?id=92086007

Hope you guys like it!! It may be a few days until I get the next one up. Life is getting a little busy...thanks for sticking with me!