Status: Active =)

Don't Give up on Me

So baby, come to me

I sat on the grass, my back resting against a tree. I pulled out a book, preparing to kill time between my classes. I loved Pride and Prejudice, but this time I struggled with focusing on the words in front of my eyes. My mind drifted off, filled with the laughing and joyful face of the blonde boy who was slowly capturing my heart. “Alexis!” The unmistakably loud voice of my best friend broke through my daydreams. I glanced up, shielding my eyes from the sun as she and Eleanor approached my tree. “How long is your break?”

“I’ve still got a few hours, why? What's up?”

“Well, we’re going to the interview the lads are at. You’re invited!” Eleanor grinned widely at me. “But I can’t promise we’d be back in time for your next class.”

“I think it’s best if we don’t go then. I can’t afford to miss my Abstract Algebra class. It’s kicking my butt as is.” I closed the book, setting it to the side before pulling my email up on my laptop.

“Lex, I know that school and your grades are important to you,” Lily sighed. “But I really wish you would come.”

“I know the lads would want you there, especially Niall.” Eleanor teased, raising her eyebrows at me.

“Hang on!” I shifted my gaze up from the screen. “Remember that prof who has the messed up kids? She has to go to bail one of her kids out of jail so she cancelled class today! That means I’m free for the rest of the day!”

“Does this mean you’re coming?” Lily squealed.

“You bet! Let me just pack up my things and we can go.”

“I’m so glad both of you are coming. They’ll be so surprised to see you!” Eleanor giggled.

“Wait.” I protested, stopping in the middle of my packing. “El, they have no idea that we’re coming?”

“Well, Paul knows. He agreed to keep our secret. Just wait until they see you. Plus, this way you’ll get to see them in a part of their job!” Eleanor replied. She flung an arm around Lily. “Trust me Alexis, they won’t be upset about it.”

“Alright.” I replied, resuming packing up my bag. I stood up, slinging it over my shoulder. “I’m ready to go!”

“Good. Now let’s go see your loverboy!” Lily grinned, linking our arms.

“You’re insane.” I shoved her off, but I smiled anyway.

----------------------

“Thank you for this Paul!” Eleanor gave the burly man a hug. “We owe you one.”

“Eleanor, who are the other two?”

“Hi. I’m Lily, this is Alexis.” Lily smiled brightly. “We met the guys this weekend.”

“Wait a moment. I know you. Their management has been going crazy because of you.” He folded his arms, staring me down.

“I’m really sorry.” I blushed. “I never wanted to cause problems for them. They’re such good guys and I could never put them in harm’s way.” I grimaced, looking at the floor. I fully expected him to get angry and ask me to leave. What I didn’t expect was his hand extended to me. I shook it lightly, looking up at him with confusion on my face.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you. I’m glad you want the best for the lads.” He offered a small smile. “Why don’t you come with me and I’ll get you set up backstage so you can watch. Keep in mind that they’re filming it now and it will air later.”

“Thanks Paul!” We followed him closely, sitting on the couch he gestured to.

“I’ve got a very special guest for you all tonight.” I looked at the screen to see Alan Carr talking. “The most popular boy-band, let me hear you now! It’s One Direction!” The audience screamed loudly as the guys entered the room. I cringed slightly, averting my gaze from the screen. Lily squeezed my hand gently.

“You okay?” She murmured. Eleanor curled up next to me, keeping contact with my body. “Lex, I know last night was hard and you and you want your life and your story to stay private. I don’t think you have to worry about that with these guys.”

“Is that what you’re worried about?” Eleanor asked quietly. “That they’ll use your story to get a good image and more fame?”

“A little.” I admitted, pulling my lip between my teeth.

“They would never do anything like that. You’ll see.” She rested her head on my shoulder and I relaxed as my friends gave me support, both emotional and physical.

“Can I grab you any drinks?” Alan asked, reaching beside him and pouring some liquid into cups. I was sure it was alcohol but didn’t really mind. My heart sped up as I watched Niall. Alan was a funny guy and as the interview continued Niall laughed constantly, until Alan focused on him. “So Niall, I hear you’ve got a saucy new girl.”

“I don’t know what you’re gettin’ at.” Niall replied, a faint blush coloring his cheeks. I watched as he and Harry exchanged glances, the nerves in my stomach growing.

“Well, maybe she’s not yours. She could be Harry’s, Louis’s, maybe even Liam’s!” He winked at them before pulling up pictures of me and the lads.

“Lex, it’s going to be okay.” Lily rubbed my hand comfortingly.

“She’s been quite popular in your lives it appears. I just want to know which one of you she’s doing.” Niall started choking on his drink as Alan interrogated them. Liam clapped him on the back a few times, trying to help.

“We met her this last weekend and have been getting to know her.” Liam replied.

“Rumor has it that she’s breaking up Louis and Eleanor.” Alan grinned, pointing to the picture which made it look like I kissed Louis on the cheek. My own cheeks flamed as I sank deeper into the couch.

“I don’t like him.” I muttered, earning laughs from the two girls next to me.

“Lex, all of us know you’re not trying to ruin my relationship so it doesn’t matter.” Eleanor giggled.

“It’s not like that at all.” Louis put in. “She’s a very dear friend and each of us feels very strongly about her.” He glanced at the others. “El and I are quite good.”

“It’s true.” Liam added. “She’s become a part of our lives and we all enjoy having her around.”

“So now, which of you are still single then, hmm?”

“Well, that would be myself, Harry, and Niall.” Liam replied. I noticed strange looks on Harry and Niall’s faces.

"Why do they look like they have a sour lemon in their mouths but are trying to hide it?" I looked between Lily and Eleanor.

“I don’t think either Harry or Niall wants to be single.” Eleanor teased us. For the first time during the interview I relaxed, letting myself laugh fully.

“Oh shut it.” I nudged her.

“Well,” Alan looked at the crowd. “She’s a lovely girl, quite a hottie. I’m surprised Harry hasn’t fed her cat, if you know what I mean.” An indignant shriek left my throat as I bolted upright on the couch.

“Lex.” Lily warned. “He’s just doing his job.” I watched the reactions of the lads and knew their laughter was forced.

“Well, she’s obviously fit.” Harry started. “But there’s this other wonderful girl that has captured my eye.” He blushed on the screen. “I want to get to know her better before anything is official.”

“So you may be going off the market?” Alan sat back in his chair, a little shocked.

“Yeah. This girl is special enough to make me want to commit.” I looked over at Lily who was sitting against the couch with a dumbfounded look on her face.

“You just got Harry to admit that he’s falling for you and wants to be exclusive.” I observed. “Lil, that’s incredible.”

“And terrifying.” She breathed. “What if I let him down?”

“Lily, you couldn’t. Have you seen the way he looks at you? It’s like he worships the ground you walk on.” Eleanor added. “He is crazy about you and he’s only going to get more interested as time goes on.”

“So Harry, you’re not interested in your new friend. What about Liam or Niall?”

“Guess you’ll have to wait to find out!” Louis interjected, winking. I breathed a sigh of relief.

“Do we at least get a name for this mystery girl?”

“She’s a pretty private person, I’m not sure she’d like it if we told everybody who she is.” Niall spoke up for the first time.

“Oh come on. If she’s friends with you lot then she’ll have to get used to it.” Alan leaned forward. “You can tell us!” I sighed, knowing he was right.

“Her name is Alexis.” Niall offered, clearly disturbed that he had to give out my name. The interview continued for a few minutes, but it ended quickly.

“It’s been fun lads. One Direction everybody!” Alan laughed. “When we come back we’ll be talking to the one and only Cher Lloyd! It’s like a little X-Factor reunion over here!” The show cut to commercial and Paul brought us out to meet the lads.

“Lex!” Harry bounded over, pulling me into a giant hug since I entered the room first. “I thought you had school!”

“I did, but one of my classes was cancelled and El said you guys would like having us here. Lily is here too.” Harry blushed massively as he looked past me to Lily and I burst into laughter. “It was a good interview. Thanks for sticking up for me.” I looked down.

“Always love.” He squeezed my hand before moving on to Lily.

“I’m glad you could make it.” Liam grinned, pulling me into a hug. Zayn and Louis also hugged me briefly before leaving me with Niall.

“I’m so sorry Lex. I didn’t know he was going to bring you up at all.” He murmured into my hair as he held me close.

“It’s okay.” I smiled at him as we pulled apart. “You all handled it very well.”

“You’re the girl, Alexis.” Alan came over to us. I looked up to Niall for support and he nodded.

“It’s nice to meet you.” I smiled.

“You’re one of the best kept secrets that these lads here have. The entire fan base wants to know who you are and what your story is. I’m quite fascinated myself.”

“Really?”

“Yes love. And that was my quiet way of asking you to tell me.”

“Please don’t take this the wrong way, I’m just very private with my life. I’ll tell you what I’m comfortable sharing but nothing more. I’m from Minnesota and I moved here to go to King’s University. I met the lads this weekend and we’ve been hanging out, getting to know each other better.”

“Lex!” Lily called.

“Please excuse me.” I smiled at him. “It was a pleasure meeting you.” I walked over to Lily who looked at Paul.

“We have to get you all out of here before the next segment starts.” He spoke quickly, ushering us all out of the room.

“I can’t believe you came!” Niall pulled me into the dressing room while the others stayed out to watch the rest of the show. He slowly shut the door, walking over to me. “What about school?”

“Well, my prof’s kids have issues and one of them ended up in jail and she had to go deal with it so she cancelled class. So I came to support you guys.”

“Well, we’re glad to have you.” He winked at me and I blushed. “Lex, why is it so hard for you to say you came for me? Both of us know you did.”

“That’s not completely true.” I protested. “I’m here for all of you,” I blushed deeper. “But especially you.” I whispered.

“That’s more like it.” He chuckled lowly. “Come'ere you.” He gripped my waist, pulling me in for a kiss. The desperate grip on my waist drove me crazy.

“Niall, we shouldn’t.” I pulled away, looking down.

“What?” He asked.

“I’ve never been in a relationship and I’ve never had a fling. I just don’t know how to handle all of this. It’s hard for me and I don’t know what we are.”

“Well,” Niall began, kissing my lips softly. “I like you and you like me.” He kissed me again. “I want to get to know you deeper, but I also like kissing you Lex.” He pulled me in for another kiss. This time I held him closer, kissing him in return. His tongue grazed my lower lip and I gasped while he deepened the kiss. Our tongues danced and he slipped his hands under my shirt. They didn’t travel far, but stayed tracing circles on my hips.

“Niall,” I gasped. He tangled his fingers in my hair, holding me more securely to him. I pushed him back gently. “Niall.”

“Sorry darlin’. I lost control for a moment.”

“It’s okay Niall.” I wrapped my arms around his waist, tucking my head under his chin. He held me closely, keeping me secure.

“Let’s get back out there and see everybody else.” He laced his fingers with mine, pulling me out into the main area.

“Good shag?” Harry asked cheekily from the couch.

“Shut it Styles.” I rolled my eyes.

“What?” Paul spat out his water and wheeled to glare at us.

“Paul, chill man. We didn’t do anything. We just talked a bit and maybe kissed a few times.” Niall winked at me as I flushed bright red. Louis whistled from the couch.

“It’s about time you two. The tension between you was insane.” Zayn muttered, glancing up from his book.

“No sex.” Paul pointed at each of us, lingering the longest on Harry.

“Hey! I take offense to that.” He cried indignantly. “I’m not the only one.” He looked pointedly at Liam who coughed, looking away.

“Liam.” Louis mock-scolded. “I cannot believe you young man. Shagging on a job? Drop and give me twenty.” Liam shoved him off the couch as the rest of us laughed.

“I’m sorry Paul.” I looked over at him. “But you don’t have to worry about that with me.”

“Oh really?” Louis grinned at me from the floor. “Niall not attractive enough for ya?”

“Oh he is.” I replied. “But I’m waiting until marriage.”

“Seriously?” Harry sat up, looking between Lily and myself.

“Oh don't twist your panties in a wad.” Lily scoffed. “We all know I’m not a virgin and I don’t intend to be born again.”

“Good.” He kissed her neck and she giggled. “But Alexis, are you serious?”

“Yes.” I nodded my head firmly. “I hope that’s okay.” I scanned Niall’s face, watching his reaction.

“It’s more than okay. We can talk about this later.” He kissed my temple and I leaned into his side. The conversation changed as we all exited the building, heading over to Liam’s.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you all like it!! Thanks so much for all your support :)