Status: Active =)

Don't Give up on Me

Please Catch Me

“Ni, thank you for dinner.” I tucked my hair behind my ear, looking up at him.

“It was my pleasure. I’m just surprised you were able to eat all of that food.” He smiled as he opened the car door for me. I turned, facing him before I slid into the car. I bit my lip softly as I looked up at him from underneath my eyelashes. “Lex, there are cameras everywhere, and you are driving me insane. This isn’t fair.”

“Well maybe you should just kiss me.” I raised my eyebrows at him, pulling my lip between my teeth again.

“Lex, I don’t want to show the world about this if you’re not ready.” He spoke, but his eyes were drawn to my lips. I could see them darken slightly as he fought his desire.

“Niall, I don’t want to hide anymore. I like you and I want to be with you. I told you before, if I get hate then we’ll deal with it.”

“Thank God.” He breathed, pulling me into his as he gripped my hips. He pressed his lips to mine, his fingers clutching the fabric of my skirt. I wrapped my arms around his neck, tugging softly on the hairs at the nape of his neck. The flashes of cameras filtered through my eyelids and I pulled back. “Is everything okay?” He rested his forehead against mine, tucking my hair behind my ear. His hand gently stroked my cheek comfortingly.

“Everything is perfect, but I don’t want to cause a scandal by making out with you in public.” I reached up, squeezing his hand and pulling it down before entering the car.

“Thank you Lex.” He shut the door, moving around to climb in on his side. “You’re amazing, you know that right?”

“You are too Niall. Are you taking me home?”

“I actually have one more surprise for you.” Niall murmured.

“Another surprise?” I looked over at him as he started driving. “Niall, you’ve done enough.”

“Trust me, you’ll love it.” He grinned as he parked the car again. I hopped out and he came to my side, lacing our fingers together. I blushed, ducking my head at the foreign feelings stirring inside. “We’ve got a little bit to walk, but we’ll be there soon okay?”

“Where are we going Ni?”

“You trust me, right?” I nodded at him. “Good, then let’s get going.” We walked along the sidewalk. I felt the eyes of many people on us and I leaned into Niall for added support. “Lex, are you sure you’re okay with people knowing?”

“I’m positive Niall.” I squeezed his hand tighter. “People are just looking at me and that makes me nervous.”

“They’re looking because you’re so beautiful.” He kissed the top of my head and looked over to the left. “That’s where we’re going.” I looked over to see the London Eye.

“You’re taking me on the London Eye?” I froze.

“Yes, is that okay? I thought you’d like to see London in a way I’m sure you haven’t seen before.”

“It’s unbelievable.” I smiled. “I just can’t believe that’s where we’re going. Niall, this is amazing.”

“Come on you.” He laughed, pulling me forward.

“Mr. Horan, we’re all ready for you.” The guy looked beyond bored. I giggled softly, but I hoped I could make him feel just a little better.

“Hi.” I smiled at him. “What’s your name?”

“I’m Chris.” He looked at me with interest. “And you are…”

“I’m Alexis.” I grinned, leaning against the counter he stood behind. “Boring job?”

“Only a little.” He sighed, resting his hand on his chin as I giggled. “You know, you’re really pretty.”

“Pretty?” Niall interjected. “She’s stunning.”

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to offend.” He smiled apologetically at Niall.

“It’s okay. Niall is just overreacting to all of this. I’m honored you find me pretty. I hope the rest of your night goes well!” I shook his hand before Niall and I entered the Eye. It started rotating and I gaped at the inside of the Eye. “Niall, this is so beautiful. Thank you for bringing me here.”

“It’s my pleasure darlin’.” I made my way to the glass, peering through at the London lights. His arms wrapped loosely around my waist as he pulled me to his chest. I sighed quietly, letting myself relax. “Is everything okay?”

“Absolutely. I like this.” I smiled, twisting and raising on my toes so I could give him a quick kiss on the cheek.

“What about it?” I could feel his chest rumble against my back.

“I get to spend time with you and we don’t have to hide it anymore.”

“I like this too.” He smiled, placing his hands on my hips. I held my breath, my eyes fluttering shut as he used my hips to turn me around. My hands rested against his chest and I gulped as I looked up at him. “And I like you.” He leaned in slowly, pressing his lips to mine. Electricity shot through my veins as I felt the soft and undemanding pressure of his lips. My fingers twisted into the fabric of his shirt as I pulled him closer to me. The kiss deepened, his hands clutching desperately at the fabric of my skirt. He maneuvered us to the couch. He eased me down gently, never once breaking our kiss.
Niall’s hand ghosted across my knee, gripping the back of it and wrapping my leg around his waist. I responded, hooking him closer with my leg. Our hips met briefly, and he moaned softly into the kiss. He broke away, only to murmur: “damn that’s hot.” I grinned, reaching up to pull his lips back down to mine. His hand snaked around to my lower back, pressing gently. His other hand trailed slowly, tracing up the skin on my leg. I arched my back as his lips made their way down my neck. His fingers slid up a little too far and I jerked away. “Lex?” I didn’t respond, wriggling out from under him. I moved back to the glass, crossing my arms over my chest. “Where’s your head at Lex?”

“David.” I muttered. I held myself tightly, afraid to fall apart.

“Is that my fault?” I turned to see him hang his head, sitting on the couch. His arms resting on his legs and he focused only on his feet. I could see his forehead wrinkle as he through our kiss.

“Don’t do that Ni!” I moved rapidly to sit beside him. I was slightly behind him and rested my chin on his shoulder. My arms moved down his arms, rubbing softly. “It’s not your fault. I have a lot of bad memories and I just ask that you’re patient with me as I heal from them.”

“I can do that for you.” He replied, turning his head toward me.

“Good. Now, let’s enjoy the rest of this, okay? I want to enjoy everything that you’ve done for me.”

“Are you sure you’re okay?”

“I’m positive.” I replied, lacing my fingers with his and standing up. I pulled him back over to the glass and we stood in contented awe at the city before us.

----------------------

Niall and I walked through the streets on London, hand in hand. Women in skimpy clothes stalked the streets wearing high heels that looked like they would break their ankles. The men clung to them, desperation filling the air. Niall uttered a light sound of disgust. “What’s up Ni?”

“It’s just the sad desperation of our generation.”

“I dunno Niall, it’s not that I like how most people act but I think it’s something deeper. Everybody fights loneliness and when it’s hard to trust, it’s easier to spend one night with somebody you don’t know in an intimate way in attempt to chase out the loneliness. It never works, so people go back and do it again believing it will work the next time.”

“That’s just sounds crazy Lex.”

“I know, but when people are searching for love they’re willing to try anything.”

“You’re amazing Alexis.” Niall kept walking but turned his face, looking at me. “I’m glad I’m getting to know you.” I blushed, squeezing his hand lightly. I felt my tiredness creeping into my body and I started to drag behind. “Lex, are you okay?”

“I’m alright, I’m just tired.” I smiled at him graciously. “Let’s just keep going.”

“Here.” He stopped us, bending slightly so I could climb onto his back. “Hop on darlin’.”

“Are you sure Niall?” I trailed my fingertips up his back, feeling him shiver slightly beneath my touch. I reached his shoulders and rested my hands there, waiting for an answer.

“I’m positive.” He breathed. I giggled at Niall’s reaction to my fingers but hopped on. “Let’s go Lex!” He started walking back to my flat and I held on tightly, not just physically. I pulled Niall closer and enfolded him within my heart, fighting to knock down the walls so he could stay with me.

------------------

As we approached my flat, the paparazzi were waiting. Niall’s grip on my legs tightened as they rushed around us. I leaned forward, kissing his cheek lightly before pulling away from his grasp. Niall gently guided my legs down ‘til my feet hit the ground. I slid my hand into his, slipping in next to him as we entered the building. “You doin’ okay Lex?” Niall asked as soon as we left the noisy crowd.

“I’m great Niall!” I giggled. “You’re so worried about me!”

“Of course I’m worried about you.” He looked at me confused. “Why wouldn’t I be worried? I care about you and we just went on a date.”

“And it was a great date.”

“Even though that waitress was a -”

“Yes.” I cut him off before he could swear. “And we have to work on that mouth of yours.”

“We?”

“Well I just assumed that…” I trailed off, stammering. “Sorry.”

“Lex it’s okay!” He chuckled as we reached my flat. “It’s more than okay. I’m glad you assumed. And I will ask you to be my girlfriend, just not yet.”

“Not yet? What does that even mean?”

“It means I want to surprise you and I want it to be special. You deserve the best Alexis, and I want to be the one to give it all to you. Please just let me do this in my own why and at my own time.”

“Okay.” I bit my lip lightly before remembering what it did to him and I dropped my lip. “Are you coming in?”

“Not tonight.” He replied.

I heard the hesitation in his voice and wanted to push the point. I wasn’t ready for him to leave yet. We’d been having an incredible time together and I wanted it to continue. “Are you sure you don’t want to come in?”

“Lex, of course I want to come in. However, we don’t need rumors to start flying about our relationship more than they already are.” He leaned in and kissed my cheek softly.

“Niall?” I looked up at him, twisting my fingers together. I gulped, trying to give myself the courage to tell him how I felt. He was always to open and ready to commit to me. I knew it wasn’t easy when I had a fear of telling him just how much I liked him. I only wanted to reassure him that I wanted to be with him.

“Hmm.” His gaze fixed on my eyes, reading the words I feared to say.

“I’m falling for you, please catch me.” I whispered.

“It’s about time.” He murmured before capturing my lips with his. He pushed my back against the door, his hands cupping my face. His tongue grazed my bottom lip, asking for permission. I granted immediately, our tongues dancing for control. I gripped his shirt, pulling him closer, leaving no room between us. I slipped my fingers under his shirt, trailing across the waist of his pants. One of his hands slammed against the door as his kiss became feverish. My other hand ghosted up his arm, sliding between his hand and the door. His lips left mine, moving down to my collarbone. He bit down softly and I groaned, bucking my hips into his. The door opened and we fell into the room, Niall landing on top of me.

“I told you they were here!” Harry laughed triumphantly. Niall flushed and I could sense he was getting angry. I pulled him closer, attaching my lips to his. “Get a room!”

“I have a room!” I laughed as Niall rolled off of me.

“I should get going.” Niall murmured as he reached down to help me up. He pulled me into his body.

“I understand.” I replied, wrapping my arms around him. I breathed in his scent, as I held him closely.

“Lex.” He warned before I could start anything. “Please let me leave. I want to protect you.”

“Okay Niall.” He kissed my forehead sweetly before he moved away.

“I should get going too.” Harry gave Lily a kiss and hugged me briefly before he left with Niall. I closed the door behind them, leaning against it with a sigh.

“Good night then?” Lily looked up at me from the couch.

“It was perfect Lil. He’s amazing. I’m falling for him.”

“I’m glad you’re finally able to admit to me how you feel.”

“I admitted it to him too.” I blushed as she screamed and ran over to me. She gripped my hands and we both started jumping around in excitement. As we fell onto the couch I looked over at her. “Lil?”

“What’s up Lex?”

“Are you afraid of being hurt by Harry?”

“Of course I am.” She replied, tucking her legs beneath her. “But that doesn’t mean that my time with him isn’t worth it. I like Haz. He’s sweet and caring. Even if things don’t work out, I have some amazing memories to keep of him.”

“Okay.” I nodded. It made sense, storing up happy memories. “But how do you get rid of the bad ones?” I asked softly, shifting my body to face her. “I like the happy memories with Niall, but I’m having problems with my unhappy ones of David.” I shuddered as I said his name.

“I don’t know Lex.” She moved closer, wrapping her arms around me. “I wish I knew how to help you heal from him. But I can tell you this, you’re happier than I’ve seen you in a long time. So let’s focus on the present and live in the now. The past is done and there’s nothing we can do about it, the future is uncertain and unknown, but the present is our life. When we live in the present we affect the future and grow from the past.”

“Thanks Lily. I don’t know where I’d be without you.” I squeezed her arm that was encircling me.

“And I you Lex.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, they had their first date! Hope you all liked it :)

Thanks for being so patient with me!