Status: Active =)

Don't Give up on Me

All You've Gotta Do Is Put Your Trust In Me

I walked into my math class the next day, sliding into my usual spot. Kelly slipped into the seat next to me, turning rapidly to face me. “You were everywhere in the tabloids Alexis! How was the date? It looked so perfect and you and Niall were so cute together! I hope you had a great time and you’re going out again soon!” She gushed, never once taking a breath.

“Kelly, breathe!” I giggled, blushing from the eyes that turned to watch us. I spoke in hushed tones, not wanting to blurt my personal life to the rest of the class. I’d barely gotten to know Kelly and I didn’t want everybody else to know me before I knew them. “It was amazing. Niall is incredible. He’s so perfect Kel! Like for real. I’m so in awe of who he is and how he treats me. There’s going to be another date, I think. He told me that he’s going to ask me out sometime. I just don’t know when that is. I wish I knew, surprises suck.”

“So, you and Niall?” One of the girls turned around and glared at me. Her face scrunched up in disgust. “I can’t believe he’d go for such an ugly girl.”

“You know what, Ashley?” Kelly began.

“Kel, it’s okay.” I murmured, reaching over to halt her from getting up from her desk. “Ashley, I thank you for your opinion and I’ll take that into account. But in the end, Niall chose to go out with me and that’s something I don’t take for granted.”

“Lex.” Harry’s low and sultry voice filtered through the room. He walked past Ashley, placing a single red rose on my desk. Ashley’s jaw dropped while I propped my chin on my hand.

“Haz, what are you doing here?”

“You’ll see.” He winked and walked back up through the aisles. Liam came in next and I rose from my seat to fling my arms around him.

“It’s good to see you Lex.” He whispered in my ear, holding me tightly. “Promise me you’ll let this happen and not be too embarrassed?”

“I promise.” I replied with a smile, settling back into my seat as Liam placed his rose on my desk. Louis entered the room next and I felt my heart beginning to race in anticipation.

“I know this isn’t your thing,” he began as he set the rose down on my desk. “I promise it’s worth it.”

“Thanks Louis.” I grinned at him as he joined Harry and Liam in the front of the room. Zayn loped into the classroom next. I was most nervous about Zayn’s reaction to the potential of a relationship between Niall and myself.

“Lex, I think it’s important to let you know my true feelings about this. I’m glad you’re a part of our lives and I’ve seen what you mean to Niall. This rose is a symbol of my trust in your feelings for him.”

“You have no idea how much this means to me.” I smiled at him, reaching out and squeezing his hand. “I promise I won’t betray your trust.”

“Good.” He grinned as he walked back up the aisle. I knew my cheeks were flaming and I could tell all the girls were gasping as 4/5 of One Direction stood in our classroom, but I could only focus on Niall as he walked into the classroom. He carried another rose in his hand, his eyes locked on mine.

“Niall.” I breathed quietly. Kelly giggled softly next to me and I hit her lightly. “Shut it Kel.” I smiled wryly as I broke away from Niall’s gaze to meet eyes with her.

“You guys are just so cute. You only see each other even though there are plenty of others in the room.” She grinned at me and nodded in his direction.

I glanced back over, my lips pulling up into a smile as I let him draw me in. His eyes were flecked with admiration and warmth filled their depths. I felt my stomach flipping as the nervousness took over. He made his way over to me shyly. His steps were measured and careful, as if he were afraid I would ask him to leave. I could see him take a deep breath before he gingerly held the rose out to me. His eyes begged a question that his lips hadn’t allowed out. I reached out, brushing my fingers over his as I took the rose from his minimally trembling hands.

“Don’t be embarrassed darlin’.”He grinned at the rosy-hue of my cheeks. I rolled my eyes, but my smile remained hovering on my lips.

“What are you doing Niall?” I whispered, playing delicately with the petals of the rose.

“Trust me.” He replied, waking back down the aisle to join the rest of the guys. As they began to sing to me I melted in my seat. I couldn’t shake the goofy grin that had settled on my lips, but I wanted to. I hated being the center of attention and this wasn’t helping. However, when I focused on Niall everything else slipped away. I felt my breathing steady and my cheeks cool slightly. His eyes were gentle, filled with an undemanding desire for me. I barely even knew the lyrics to the song, though I could see all the girls in the room mouthing along. I loved the idea of it though, being beautiful even though I didn’t know it. As they finished the girls burst into earsplitting screams. I winced, wanted desperately to make them shut up.

“Hang on girls.” Liam voiced calmly over the din. “Niall has something to say.” The room hushed immediately and I gulped as the nerves returned. I could sense the urgency of Niall’s words as he raked one hand through his hair.

“Lex, you’re pretty much the most amazing girl I’ve ever met. You’ve turned my life upside down and I never want it to be any other way. I don’t want you to be just a girl in my life. I want you to be the girl in my life.” The girls around me were either glaring at me or sighing out of desire. I ducked my head slightly. “Alexis, look at me beautiful girl.” He softly requested, remaining up in the front of the room. I glanced up, my breath catching in my throat at the gorgeous man in front of me. The doubt mixed with hope on his face as he watched my reactions. “Alexis, will you be my girlfriend?”

“Ni,” I bit my lip as I mulled over what it would mean to actually be his girlfriend. I hated the idea of everybody knowing about my life, but he was Niall. He threw me out of my comfort zone, but caught me each time I fell. I stood up and walked over to him, wrapping my arms around him tightly. I buried my face in his chest. “I’m scared.”

“I know pretty girl, but I’m here and I’ll help you. This can work darlin’.” He murmured in reply, wrapping an arm around my lower back, the other moving to play with the ends of my hair. I breathed him in before separating our bodies slightly.

“I’d be happy to be your girlfriend Niall.” He grinned widely at my response and cupped my face in his hands. He tilted my face up toward him and kissed my forehead softly.

“You had me worried.” He chuckled as he pulled me in tight.

“Group hug!” Louis yelled, tackling us to the ground. The rest of One Direction quickly followed suit, joining the massive huddle on the floor.

“Lou!” I groaned as his weight pushed me into the tile. Niall was laughing hysterically with the other guys who had gotten up. Louis stood and helped me up.

“This was very sweet.” My professor began. “We’d like to get back to our class now.” The guys laughed and nodded.

“Thank you for letting us do this.” Niall shook his hand before following the other guys out of the room. As he got to the door he turned and winked at me. I grinned, shaking my head as I walked back to my seat.

“I can’t believe that just happened!” Kelly whispered to me as our prof started writing on the board.

“I know.” I blushed and ducked my head. “I can’t believe I said yes.” I murmured, rapidly copying my notes from the board.

“Seriously? You thought about saying no? Lex, you’re insane. Niall is crazy about you and I know you like him. How could you say no?”

“Kel, it’s not about the feelings all the time. I have to make sure that we’re going to be good together and not detrimental to our lives. I don’t want to ruin our lives just because I’m attracted to him. I’m just going to have to see how this works out.”

“Well I’m glad you guys are together. I think you guys are awesome.”

“Thanks Kelly. We should maybe pay attention.”

“Since when do you pay attention in class?” She snorted.

“Kelly. Do you have something to share with the class?” Our prof called to her.

“I’m sorry sir. I didn’t mean to laugh out loud. I just found it humorous that One Direction tackled Alexis to the ground.”

“Yes. I’m sure that was funny for you.” He shook his head and turned back to the board. With that Kelly and I burst into a fit of giggles. “Ladies. Control yourselves.” He coolly turned from the board, arching an eyebrow at us. I flung my hands over my mouth, attempting to block the giggles from escaping. The rest of the class started laughing as our prof became flustered. “Please gain control of your bodies.” He attempted to glare at us, prompting further chuckles. “I give up!” He slammed the chalk down. “Dismissed. Come back next time ready to work.”

“Score!” One of the guys yelled out, pumping his fist in the air before packing up his stuff. He made his way over to me, lightly taping on my desk. “Alexis, you’re my new hero.”

“Thanks!” I managed through my incessant laughter.

“I’m Eddie, and I was hoping I could sit by you guys next class.” He looked like a little kid asking to have a treat for snack and my giggles burst from my lips.

“We’d love that!” Kelly calmed down, resting her chin in her hand as she looked up at him. “Ignore her, but you’re welcome to come hang out with us and work on the homework.”

“Really?”

“Yeah! It would be awesome!” I gathered my things, still laughing, and held tightly to the roses sitting on my desk. “Let’s get going.”

“Sounds good.” Eddie adjusted the straps of his back pack, falling into step as the three of us left the classroom.

“Where do you want to go?” I asked.

“I don’t care. I’m done with classes for the day.” Kelly exclaimed, throwing her arms in the air and spinning around.

“You’re such a freak!” I laughed at her. “Eddie, do you still have classes?”

“I mean, kinda. I’ve got one but I never actually have to go to it because they don’t take role.” He replied.

“I don’t want to keep you from class.” I bit my lip, scrunching my eyebrows in concern.

“Alexis, that’s sweet but it’s okay if I miss this class. It’s so easy I could do it in my sleep.” He laughed softly. “Actually, when I’m there all I do is sleep. Paying attention is too much work.”

“You sound like Alexis in our math class!” Kelly interjected as we walked through campus.

“I don’t sleep in class!” I cried in mock outrage.

“You don’t pay attention though.” She laughed, slipping an arm through mine. “You should call the guys and see what they’re doing.”

“If we want to do any math then we shouldn’t hang with the guys. They don’t really understand the meaning of homework. I’ve tried to study around them and all I do is get shot with water guns or tackled.”

“That sounds like fun!” Eddie grinned at me. I rolled my eyes in response.

“Well, do we actually want to do any math?”

“Not really.” Kelly laughed softly. “I’d rather go see the guys.”

“That would be nice.” Eddie said. “I could use some good hang time.”

“Alright, I’ll call-” I froze, hearing the screams of girls and sighed loudly. “Wait here, because they’ll be running past us any minute.”

“How do you know that?” Kelly arched an eyebrow.

“Can’t you hear the screams?”

“Well yeah,” Eddie began. “But how is that related at all?”

“They’re getting louder which means the guys are coming this way.” I replied with a shrug of my shoulders. “We’ll just go with them okay?”

“Okay!” Kelly squealed. I grinned but rolled my eyes at her.

“Lex?” I heard Harry bellow over the crowd as the bodyguards shuffled the group through campus. “Lex!” His eyes lit up as I waved timidly to him. Niall tapped one of the burly men and spoke into his ear, motioning to us. The guy shook his head but Niall appeared to argue with him before pushing past him to fight to me. The guy yelled at Niall, grabbing his arm. Niall was yanked back into the safe circle, held by the other men. I watched his breathing increase rapidly as he held tightly to his arm.

“Crap.” I muttered, grabbing the other two. “Don’t let go of me, got it?”

“Yes mother.” Kelly rolled her eyes. I shot her a look and she hushed immediately. I slipped into the massive crowd, feeling Kelly’s grip on my shirt tighten. The girls pressed around us, screaming for attention from the guys who were safely huddled behind their bodyguards. I grew more frustrated as the girls bumped into me from all sides.

“Enough!” I let slip through my teeth in anger. “I’m gonna be sick!” I screamed, clutching my stomach. As if polarized, the girls sprang away from our group, glaring at me in disgust. I pretended to stumble along, making my way through the parting crazy girls. Lou caught sight of me and burst into loud chuckles. Harry reached a long arm out and pulled me closer to the group.

“No. Everybody stays back.” One of the men spoke roughly, trying to disconnect Harry’s grip on my hand.

“Paul, let them through. These three are okay.” Liam spoke out.

“Liam, I cannot risk your safety just because you say a group of people is okay.”

“Paul, right?” I looked past him. “Ni is losing it. Let me through and I’ll get him back to normal so you can get out of here.”

“I don’t know.” He looked conflicted.

“Lex.” Niall breathed with as much volume as he could muster.

“Please let me through.” I begged Paul, refusing to look at him and keeping my focus on Niall. “Ni, look at me.” I yelled over the din as the girls started yelling more fervently. Niall glanced at me but looked quickly past me at the crowd. “Niall, look at me. Just me.” His attention wavered and his breathing pace skyrocketed.

“Fine.” Paul let us through, the circling expanding to welcome us.

“Niall,” I murmured, my fingers gently tracing shapes on his hands as I squeezed them lightly. “I’m right here. You have to calm down okay? You’re starting to scare me.”

“Lex, it’s not going to work.” Zayn muttered. “We’ve tried.”

“Zayn, shut it.” I glared at him, sliding my hands up to Niall’s neck. My thumbs brushed his jaw as I slightly tilted his face up. “Ni, just focus on my eyes. Don’t look away. We’re going to make it out of here and we’ll go home and things will be wonderful. I’m here with you and I’m not going anywhere.”

“Okay.” He spoke softly, his breathing starting to slow down.

“Paul, let’s move.” I murmured, slipping my hands down to his. “I’ll guide you, just keep your eyes closed.” I whispered to Niall, rising on my toes so he could hear me. The group forced its way to the car, everybody letting Niall in first. I followed suit, leaning against him in support as we sank into the seats. Paul rushed everybody else into the car, not caring how we’d fit. As Eddie, the last to enter, looked around the car there was no open seat. “I’ve got this!” I grinned, slipping onto Niall’s lap. His arms automatically wrapped around my waist and he buried his face in my neck. I giggled as his breath hit my sensitive skin.

“Alright you two, get a room.” Harry grinned at us.

“You’re just jealous Lily isn’t here.” Niall mumbled, muffled by his position. I burst into laughter, the others close behind.

“Oh bugger off.” Harry mock-glared at us, crossing his arms over his chest as the car took off.

“What happened to class?” Liam asked, always the responsible.

“We ditched.” I replied before Eddie or Kelly could comment.

“Alexis! You cannot ditch your classes to come see us. That is irresponsible and I demand you go back to class right now and apologize.” Liam cried in outrage. Giggles overtook my body and I shook in Niall’s arms.

“Our professor had a hard time teaching when Kelly and Alexis couldn’t stop laughing.” Eddie replied. “I don’t think anybody was that upset.” He grinned widely as Kelly and I exchanged glances.

“Why were you two laughing?” Louis asked with a twinkle in his eye.

“Well I told Kelly we should pay attention-” I began.

“Which we never do.” Kelly interjected.

“And then she commented that I never pay attention, and that’s when I lost it.”

“You two are so strange.” Liam shook his head at us.

“Whatever, you guys have us beat.” Kelly replied. The guys began arguing with Kelly and I turned to face Niall.

“Are you okay?” I asked softly, pressing my lips to his cheek.

“I’m doing a lot better now that I’ve got you.” He responded cheekily. I blushed as his grip tightened. “Thank you Lex, for fighting to get to me.”

“You needed me.” I replied, shrugging my shoulders. “I’ll always be there for you Ni.”

“The same goes for me Lex. You’re my girl now. I’ll fight for you always.”
♠ ♠ ♠
You guys are the best! Thank you for being so patient with me. School and work have kept me far too busy. Hopefully I'll get more up soon for you...but yay! They're dating now =)