Status: Active =)

Don't Give up on Me

No One's Ever Had All Of Me

The car pulled up to Liam’s place and we piled out. “Are you sure it’s okay we’re here?” I heard Kelly whisper to Liam. I looked at Eddie, seeing him stare at Kelly before glancing at the ground.

“You know she isn’t interested in dating these guys right?” I murmured softly to him, pitching my voice so only Eddie could hear me.

“And I care why?” He muttered, refusing to look at me.

“Eddie, I’m not going to tell her you have a thing for her. I’m just letting you know that you’ve got a shot with her. Stick close to her and let her get to know you.”

“Are you sure? I mean, if I actually did have a thing for her.” He bit his lip.

“I promise.” I squeezed his hand lightly before falling into step beside Niall.

“Everything okay?” He murmured, looking at Eddie. “And how do you know him? You seemed like you didn’t want to be around people from school.”

“That’s not it Ni, I enjoy people’s company. I don’t necessarily like letting them in but I do like holding conversations with them.” I softly trailed my fingers down the side of his arm, brushing his palm lightly.

“Lex.” His pitch dropped and he gripped my fingers tightly, stopping their movements.

“Besides,” I continued, a smirk settling on my lips at his reaction, logging it in my memory to use on him later. “Eddie has a thing for Kelly. He says he wants to work on math with us, but I’m not buying it. He likes her.”

“How can you tell?”

“Just watch him.” I replied. “He freaks out any time she talks to another guy.”

“I don’t understand how that’s even possible to be seen.”

“Niall, I told you before that I had to know how to do this. If I couldn’t read people I was hurt badly, worse than otherwise at least.”

“I’m sorry Lex. I didn’t mean-”

“It’s okay.” I cut him off as we walked into the elevator with the others. “I’m not upset.”

“Are you sure?” He asked quietly. I nodded, resting against his back. His arms wound around my waist. I felt his breath ruffle my hair and sighed in contentment.

“You two are sickening.” Louis mock-gagged at the sight of us. “Get a room!”

“Whatever Lou,” I rolled my eyes at him. “I’m good with this.” I grinned, craning around to place a soft kiss to Niall’s neck. His breath caught in his throat and his arms tightened briefly around my waist.

“My goodness Alexis, you gonna get it on with our Nialler here?” Harry teased, winking at me.

“Shut it Haz.” I flamed with the memory of his abrupt entrance to Niall’s flat.

“Make me.” He replied.

“Keep your mouth shut or I won’t tell you what Lily said about you.” I replied quietly. My eyes narrowed at him. He threw his hands over his mouth, his eyes widening. I laughed loudly at the sight of Harry. “Good boy Haz.”

“I like this side of you.” Niall chuckled, the others starting to join in.

“You okay Nialler?” Zayn looked over at him, noting his position. “You don’t have to fake it around us.”

“I’m kind-of okay.” He replied. “Alexis helps a lot.” He kissed the base of my neck. My knees weakened as his lips softly grazed my skin. My flesh heated up and I felt tingles spreading in my veins. He chuckled softly into my skin, biting lightly.

“Damnit Ni.” I muttered, spinning in his arms. “You can’t do that stuff to me.” I pulled a handful of his shirt in my hands resting my forehead against his chest. My lips pressed to his shirt and his arms briefly tightened around me.

“Sorry darlin’.” I could sense the smile in his voice.

“No you’re not.” I pouted, my voice muffled by his shirt. “But it’s okay; I do the same to you. Don’t worry Niall.” The elevator jolted and Niall tensed. “Are you okay?”

“Let’s just get off this thing.” He groaned as the doors opened. We left quickly, my fingers twining with his. “Thank you Lex.”

“I’m always here Ni.” I replied as Liam opened the door to his flat and we all traipsed in.

“Welcome in everybody.” He spoke softly. “Can you all take off your shoes?” I snorted softly, smirking but complying with his request.

“Something funny Alexis?” Liam stared me down pointedly.

“Sorry Li, I didn’t mean to laugh at you. You just care a lot about your systems and I find it hard not to mess with that order.” He opened his mouth to speak and I held up a hand to stop him. “I won’t Liam, I care about you too much to mess with you.”

“Thank you.” He smiled at me graciously. I nodded in response, slipping out of my shoes. “Does anybody want something to drink?” He asked the group. It was cute how proper he was, but I wondered if there was something deeper than that. Liam was always so stoic and responsible, it made me wonder what made him that way.

“Where’s your head at pretty girl?” Niall murmured, pulling me to a couch as Liam got drinks for people.

“Liam is so responsible, I just worry he doesn’t have any fun.” I mused as I sank into the couch next to Niall. “He’s got everything a person could ask for-”

“Not quite Lex. He doesn’t have that someone.” Niall chided gently. “Look around us. Everybody has somebody.” My eyes roamed from couple to couple, remembering the intimacy and love Zayn and Louis had with their girls. “Lou had somebody but the fans were too much for her and they broke up.” His voice was soft and hesitant, as if he held the same fear.

“Ni, that won’t happen with us.” I kissed his cheek softly before melting into his side. “What was her name?”

“Danielle Peazer.” Niall replied. “We run into her from time to time and she and El are still good friends, but it’s hard for Liam to be around her.”

“I feel bad for him. That would suck.” I whispered to him as the others came to sit with us.

“So, what’s the plan?” Harry looked over at Liam.

“I can call Lily. She had work earlier but she could be free now.” I interjected. “I know she wants to see you again.”

“Really?” Harry’s head whipped around so fast it looked like it was about to fall off his neck. “She does?”

“You’re smitten! This is the cutest thing ever!” I teased as he blushed wildly.

“Oh hush Lex.” The others laughed as Harry got defensive. “Yes I’m smitten. She’s amazing.” His smile slowly spread from his lips to his eyes, filling them with great warmth. I stood, pulling out my phone.

“Haz, you can come with me to call her actually.” I spoke quietly, looking over to him. “I mean,” I shrugged. “You don’t have to, I just thought you might want to.”

“Of course I want to!” He rose quickly, pulling me with him to a bedroom. “Are you sure she’ll want to come?”

“Harry, she wants to spend more time with you. That I can promise. She’ll be here if she’s free.” I dialed her number quickly, putting the phone on speaker.

“Lex! Aren’t you supposed to be in class?” Her excited voice rang from the phone.

“Yeah, but he let us out early.” I replied with a shrug. “Look, we’re all at Liam’s and we were wondering if you wanted to come over to hang.”

“Is Harry there?”

“I’m here love.” Harry drawled, grabbing the phone from my hand. “You should come.”

“You really think so?” I could picture her gnawing on her lip while running a hand through her hair and had to stifle a laugh behind my hand.

“Of course I do. I want to see you Lil.” He murmured into the phone. His eyes had gone soft and sweet, his voice gentle and inviting. “Please come over.”

“I don’t know Harry.” She whispered. I sighed and held out my hand for the phone. He shook his head but I rolled my eyes and swiped it back. I switched it off speaker and held it tightly to my ear.

“Lil, remember when I didn’t want to go out but you made me?”

“Can Harry still hear me?” She asked softly.

“No.” I replied. “It’s just me.”

“Lex, I’m scared. I don’t know how to deal with this. Feelings have never been involved in any relationship for years.”

“Lil, you haven’t had relationships.” I countered. “Get over here. You know you want to sweetie. Besides, Haz wants to see you.”

“I really do.” He leaned against a wall and crossed his arms over his chest. I swatted my hand at him. “Lex, I want to see her so badly it hurts.”

“Haz, shut it!” I smacked him.

“What is he saying?” Lily asked softly through the phone.

“He wants to see you so badly it hurts.” I responded fighting the urge to roll my eyes. “Lil, just get over here.”

“Lexy!” She whined.

“Enough. Get over here now. Lily, I’m not letting you mess this up okay? Get your butt over here darling.”

“I can’t Lex.”

“Lily you can and you will or I will personally make your life hell for the next month.”

“You don’t play fair.” She muttered. “Fine. I’m on my way.”

“I love you Lil, Now hurry up!” I grinned as I hung up. I abruptly fell to the floor as Harry threw himself on me. His arms circled around me in a hug moments before the impact. “Harry!” I gasped as my breath rushed out of my lungs. “Can’t breathe.”

“Sorry love!” He replied sheepishly, untangling himself from my body. “Here.” He offered a hand, pulling me up gently with him. “Lex, I owe you for this.” His eyes bored into mine. “Anything you need, ever, let me know.”

“It’s okay Haz. It’s really not a big deal.”

“Yes it is.” He lightly held my wrist, attempting to pull me out of the room.

“Haz, wait.” I looked down biting my lip. He turned, after seeing the look on my face he forgot to drop my wrist but instead pulled me closer.

“Alexis, look at me.” Harry squeezed my wrist. “What’s going on?”

“Hazza, I’m not good with this whole…relationship thing.” I muttered. “I don’t know how to act around Niall now.” I brushed my fingers of my free hand through my hair. I let out a sigh, my mouth moving without the proper words coming out.

“Nothing has to change between you guys.” He replied softly. “You just need to be yourself around him. You’re his girlfriend but you’re both still who you were before this morning.”

“He isn’t asking anything from me?”

“The only thing I can tell you is that you should probably be affectionate, physically.”

“Haz, I don’t sleep with people.” I protested.

“That’s not what I mean Lex. It will be little things like holding hands, sitting by him, or kissing him in front of us. But you will never have to do anything you want to do.” He chuckled quietly at the relief on my face. “Why were you so worried?”

“I like him.” I shrugged. “I don’t want to mess this up Harry.”

“You won’t Lex. Niall is mad about you. Try noticing the way he looks at you sometime.”

“What do you mean?” I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion. He wasn’t the first to point it out but it still perplexed me.

“Come on.” He rolled his eyes at me. “You’ll see it when you’re ready for it.”

“What is that supposed to mean?” I cried indignantly at him, slightly stung by the remark that I may not be ready. He chuckled lightly and pulled me out of the room. “Harry!”

“Lex, come on. Let’s just be with our friends and forget I said that.” I flung my arms around him, knocking him into the wall in the process. He let out a loud grunt, trying to hold us up but epically failing. We fell to the floor with a giant crash and I burst into fits of laughter.

“What the hell?” Zayn appeared in the hall. “Haz, hands off of her.”

“It wasn’t me!” He protested. I continued laughing, rolling away from Harry and remaining on the floor. “All I did was say we should go back with our friends and she threw herself at me and knocked me into the wall. Then she started laughing and she’s become, this.” He gestured vaguely at me.

“I’m confused.” Niall’s Irish accent filtered into the hall. “Why are you laughing Lex?”

“I can explain.” Lily stepped into the hall, moving close to Harry’s side. “Alexis doesn’t have friends, not anymore at least. So when Harry said they were friends she got excited he felt the same way as her.” Lily kept talking quietly as my giggles subsided. “She hugged him but went too far and knocked him into the wall. She thought it was funny and laughed. Often when she starts she can’t stop.” I wiped tears of mirth from my cheeks and looked up to see Harry’s arm looped lightly around Lily’s waist. A light rosy-hue tainted her normally pale cheeks.

“Thanks Lil.” I breathed from my position on the floor. I lay on my back, my arms stretched above my head. A smile remained on my lips as Niall reached out for my hand.

“Here darlin’, let me help you up.” The others filtered out of the hall as I gripped Niall’s hand.

“Thank you Ni.” I smiled as he pulled me up. Our hips met briefly and he leaned close, but I pulled back from him, tucking my hair behind an ear.

“Lex?” He asked softly, stepping closer to me. “What’s wrong?”

“Nothing Niall.” I replied. “Harry told me to be myself. I’m trying to understand what it means to be in a relationship.”

“Alexis, I’ll never push you. But I thought we were past this point.” He reached out to my cheek, cupping it in his palm. “I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have assumed.”

“No, this was my fault. You’re right in assuming we reached this point already. I’m just not sure how ready I am for all of this. I love kissing you, but it’s not something I can always do.”

“I’m confused.” Niall’s thumb brushed my cheekbone.

“I know. Sweetie, I’m trying to deal with my past and create a future, you included. I don’t know how to handle this though. Niall, I’m really struggling with the idea of dating you. It makes me nervous to think about the press and the girls. I’m not doing well with my past Ni. It’s too hard for me.”

“Then stop trying to do this on your own. Let me in Lex. Please,” his blue eyes pierced mine intensely. “Please let me help.”

“I’ll do my best.” I raised on my toes to lightly kiss his cheek. “We should potentially rejoin the others.”

“Potentially?”

“I mean, we should go back to them. I just enjoy being alone with you.” I leaned back against the wall, peering up through my eyelashes. I knew he would react to his.

“Lex, you can’t do these things to me.” Niall groaned. His neck appeared to lengthen as he tilted his head back. I gripped the front of his shirt, pulling myself up. My lips attached to his throat and he gasped for air. One hand tangled into my hair, the other clutched my shirt desperately connecting our bodies. He tilted my face to his, his lips capturing mine is a soft kiss. I’d expected the kiss to be intense and crazed. Instead, he treated me with caring affection, his kiss as sweet as his demeanor.

“I won’t ever do those things to you unless I want you to kiss me. I promise Ni.”

“Good. Now we should go join the others before Harry or Lily comes back here to make some inappropriate comment to us.”

“Too late!” Harry’s amused drawl interjected. “Get a room you two!”

“We’re good, but thanks. We figured we’d leave it for you and Lily.” I replied, winking.

“Shut up Lex.” Harry growled, annoyed. I laughed, intertwining my fingers with Niall’s and brushing past an indignant Harry to join everybody in the other room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been so long! I'm almost done with finals and then I should have more time! xoxo