Status: Active =)

Don't Give up on Me

'Cause Girl, You're Amazing

I sat surrounded by my friends, Niall’s fingers drumming on my leg. I watched in amusement as Harry maneuvered himself through the tangled web of bodies finding places for hands and feet on the Twister mat. Harry’s fingertips brushed Lily’s feet who was under Louis’s arm and hovering over Liam’s body. Lily snorted, her foot shooting out as she lost her balance. Her back hit Liam’s stomach and he grunted, straining to keep both of them up. His arms quivered as his muscles worked hard. Harry’s low chuckle was joined by snorts of laughter from Zayn. Liam’s face turned red as I pressed my hands tightly over my mouth. My giggles threatened to pour out of my lips and Niall made no attempt to hold in his laughter. The moment his joy spilled from his lips I let out a burst of laughter. Liam collapsed as Lily surrendered to the floor. “Damnit.” He groaned. “Lily, what the hell happened?”

“Harry tickled me.” She laughed, scooting out from under Louis and Harry. “I didn’t mean to fall.”

“Harry!” Liam growled. “Seriously man, that’s not fair.”

“Know your enemies and you too could win the game.” Louis mocked.

“Exactly.” Harry added. “Besides, now I’m one step closer to winning!” He grinned impishly, looking up from his position. Niall clutched his stomach as the laughter continued. Lily plopped herself down next to me, linking one arm through mine.

“Lex, you look happy with him.” She whispered softly in my ear. I smiled, looking over at her. The lads had their own conversations ebbing and flowing as Harry and Louis continued their game of Twister. Though, they would later refer to it as an epic battle of torrential proportions.

“I am.” I replied, my grin unfaltering on my lips. I felt Niall shift next to me, his fingers resuming their tapping on my leg. “But what about you and Harry?” I winked.

“Things are confusing Lex. He seems like he likes me, but I’m afraid to put myself out there. Alexis, he’s Harry Styles. One of the biggest players I’ve ever heard of. I know I’ve been with a lot of guys, but Lex I do it because I’m afraid of relationships.” She pulled her bottom lip between her teeth. “It doesn’t make what I do less promiscuous, but it explains why I do it. He just seems like he’s too much of a player. I don’t want to be that ‘hit it and quit it’ girl. I refuse to be a notch on his bedpost.”

“Who says he’s not the same way?” I countered. “Lily, he really likes you. You have to trust me on this. He’s crazy about you sweetie.” She offered me a half-smile. “Lil, what if he doesn’t want to be a notch in yours. I love you sweetie, but you and Harry have a lot in common. I think you would be good for each other in a relationship. Who else would accept you guys for your slutty pasts?” I added in a teasing tone. She let out an indignant gasp, before bursting into laughter.

“What are you two whispering about?” Niall looked at us, his eyebrows furrowed.

“You and Harry.” I replied with a slight shrug of my shoulders.

“What were you talking about exactly?” Concern seeped into his voice. A hint of worry colored his words.

“What are you worried about Ni?” The couch sank deeper on the other side of me as Liam sat next to Lily. They struck up another conversation as Lou and Haz continued playing.

“It’s not about us. I worry about Harry.” Niall hesitated before continuing his thoughts. “Lex, I’ve never seen him like this. Lily has captured his heart in a way that no other girl has been able to. I know you love Lily but I don’t want Harry to be hurt.”

“I was trying to convince her that Harry was the same way as her. She’s afraid to let him into her life because she doesn’t want to be hurt. She knows about his reputation and doesn’t want to be just another girl to him. She’s just having a hard time with it.” I reached down to his fingers on my knee and gently rested mine with his. “She’ll come around if he can convince her.”

“I think he’s waiting for her to convince him.” Niall replied. “They’re frustrating.”

“I think that’s how people felt about us sweetie.” I kissed his cheek, my lips lingering on his skin.

“That’s probably true.” He responded with slight laughter in his voice. “I never thought about it like that.” His eyes crinkled with mirth, softening as he looked away from Harry and Louis to me. I felt my heart skip a beat and I fought to keep my reactions under control. All I wanted was to kiss his sweet lips and run my fingers through his hair, tugging softly at those on the nape of his neck. I knew it would drive him crazy and now was not the time, but something in me changed when his eyes met mine. “Are you okay?” He asked softly, playing with my fingers.

“Oh yeah I am.” I smiled at him, leaning closer to his ear, my breath hitting it softly. “I just wish we were alone so I could kiss you ‘til I’m satisfied.” I murmured so only he could hear it. His grip on my knee tightened as he gulped.

“Alexis.” He warned, his voice wavering. “You’re not helping with this.”

“I’m not going to apologize.” I grinned at him impishly. “Niall, I want you.” His eyes darkened slightly. “We’re dating now and I get to kiss you whenever I want.”

“That’s it! You rapscallion!” Louis’s loud voice broke into our conversation, pulling our attention from each other back to the rest of the group. I broke into laughter as I noted the two boys’ positions. Louis was straining to hold himself up as Harry wound his way through Louis’s limbs. It was nearly impossible for Louis to remain off the mat.

“I beg to differ my good man. I am a knight, righting for my lady’s hand.” He winked at Lily who blushed a violent red. Harry planted his right hand on red, taking up one of the only spots left.

“Hazza!” Louis groaned, attempting to place his right hand on a red dot. He had to reach under Harry and in doing so his left foot slipped and he fell flat on his face. Harry froze in place, making sure we knew he won as Zayn stood up from the couch.

“And we have a winner!” He announced. “Harry won, though I cannot say whether it was fair and square.”

“I say it was.” I interjected. “Harry was strategic, though you guys may not like the way he approaches this game. Plus, his strategy worked quite well.”

“Thank you Alexis! I knew you were my second favorite!” Harry bounded over, giving me a hug.

“Second favorite?” I pouted up at him.

“Lily stole your place as my first favorite. Sorry Lex.” He squeezed his way between Lily and me on the couch, wrapping a gentle arm around her waist. She melted into his body as his lips grazed her hair. I smiled, tucking myself into Niall’s side.

“Everything okay Lexy?” Niall murmured. His breath ruffled my hair gently as his arm moved from my knee to around my waist. I curled my legs up from the couch, shifting so I was even closer to Niall.

“Everything is great Ni. I’m happy here.” I smiled up at him.

“Good. I am too.” He responded softly.

“Hey guys!” Perrie and El walked in the door. A tall beautiful girl came in after them. She didn’t speak but her eyes flitted to Liam momentarily, as if asking for approval to be there.

“I don’t believe it.” Harry muttered softly as Liam slightly tilted his head to the side with his permission.

“What?” I turned to him, my brows furrowed together. My mouth twisted up in confusion.

“That’s Danielle.” Niall added lowly. “They haven’t seen each other in a long time. I’m amazed she even came.” His fingers twisted themselves slightly in my shirt, his grip tightening.

“Niall, what’s wrong?” I loosened his fingers, instead lacing them with mine. “Oh.” I caught the discomfort in Liam’s body as he shifted his weight from one foot to the other.

“Yeah.” He breathed as the others entered the room.

“Okay!” Louis exclaimed loudly. “Let’s do something.”

“Like what?” Kelly asked.

“I know! 7 minutes in heaven!” Louis grinned wickedly at us. I glanced over at Liam and saw a flitting moment of anger and annoyance pass across his features.

“Louis, that doesn’t even make sense. We’re already paired up.” I argued, shaking my head at him.

“Then we’ll go in our respective pairs.” El countered. I looked at her in confusion. She had a secret, I could tell. I met the faces of everybody else in the room. Most of them were hiding excitement, those that were dating somebody else in the room. Eddie looked apprehensive but he also held a level of hope as he subtly looked over to Kelly. Kelly had a grin posted on her face and boldly looked at Eddie. He flushed, his breath rapidly increasing. I looked over at Danielle, observing her reaction to this. She looked nervous as she fought to keep her eyes from Liam. Her lip was held between her teeth as she tugged an a few loose strands of her hair.

“This sounds awesome!” Harry nudged Lily who giggled before kissing his neck.

“I’m a fan. We could use some time.” Zayn added softly, locking eyes with Perrie. She raised her eyebrows suggestively and I held back a large grin. I looked over to Liam.

“Lex.” I heard Liam whisper softly. “Please.”

“Li, I love you but I agree with them.” I looked pointedly at Danielle who smiled gratefully at me. I nodded briefly, little warmth in my eyes. Her smile faltered but I looked away..

“Yes! Alexis is in!” Louis pumped his fist in the air. “Sorry Liam, but everybody else is game for it. It’s gonna happen.”

“Harry, you and Lily can go first. Remember that everybody else is going to follow.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Harry protested indignantly.

“It means there are people going in that closet so keep all bodily fluids contained dearest Harry.” I winked at him as he choked on his glass of water.

“Tact Alexis! Find it!” Lily burst out.

“Sorry, that may have been a little blunt. But I stand by what I said, and you all were thinking it.”

“I don’t think they were.” Harry countered.

“No Haz, we were.” Liam grinned at them, relaxing for the first time.

“I think I’m supposed to be insulted.” Lily smirked at us before kissing Harry’s neck. “But I’m not.” Her lips traveled down his neck and Harry’s head tilted back slightly. His mouth opened and a loud sigh left his lips.

“Oi! Leave the room before you do that!” Niall reached around me and shoved Harry. “That’s the point of 7 minutes in heaven!” Everybody burst into laughter as the two lovebirds ran into a guest room and shut the door. Every once in a while a muffled moan filtered through the door and our conversation swelled to block it out. I giggled, held loosely by Niall’s arms and Louis tiptoed over to the door.

“Alright, time is up!” Louis pounded on the door. “Come out fully dressed you two!”

“Niall and Lex, you’re next.” El winked at us. I flushed immediately, butterflies filling my stomach. I knew what was supposed to happen when we entered that room and I wasn’t sure I was ready for it.

“Are you okay with this?” Niall’s fingers traced circles on my hand. I nodded, pulling him with me to the room.

“7 minutes lovers.” Harry winked at me before beginning to close the door. ‘It’s okay Lex.’ He mouthed to me before shooting me a soft smile. I grinned, ruffling his very messy curls as he shut the door.

“Hey.” Niall murmured as he slid his hands up my arms. My body shuddered as his breath fanned across my neck. “Pretty girl, what’s in that mind of yours?”

“I don’t know Ni.” I turned to face him, my eyes searching his. “It’s hard to explain.”

“Can you try?” His fingers caressed my jawline. His gentle eyes never left mine.

“I’ll try.” I took a deep breath, closing my eyes to think better. “Niall, it’s not easy for me to be in this position. I’m not used to the whole dating thing and I don’t want things to go too fast or too far.”

“I know darlin’.” I opened my eyes as his Irish lilt sent my heart racing. “We don’t have to do anything in here. We can just talk if you want.” I knew his body was aching for more and that made me even more grateful for the sacrifice.

“You’re amazing Niall.” I slipped my hand into his and pulled him toward the bed. I sank onto the edge, scooting to the middle.

“I’m not amazing Lex.” He moved next to me, pulling me into his embrace. “I’m just trying to respect you.”

“Niall?” I felt growing desire for him as his fingers danced across my skin. He looked down at me and I bit my lip gently, my eyes fluttering shut momentarily.

“Are you sure Alexis?” Niall’s fingers stopped their movements and his eyes searched mine. I nodded, my fingers trailing across his abs which tightened as I prodded gently. “Lex.” He breathed, moving closer to my lips. He hesitated, his breath sweetly caressing my lips. I shuddered with the anticipation of his kiss. “You sure you’re ready for this?” As he spoke his lips briefly brushed mine. I gripped his shirt, yanking our bodies together.

“Niall.” I groaned loudly as our hips met. I rolled mine into his, my chest pressed against his. He sharply drew a breath as his name left my lips. He slammed his lips into mine, all gentleness left behind. One of his hands tangled in my hair, the other settled on my hip, slightly pulling up my shirt. His thumb rubbed circles on my bare hip, his other fingers gripped my hip tightly. I gasped, my body jerking slightly. I felt my body heating up as Niall’s tongue brushed my bottom lip. I balked, nervous about deepening the kiss. He pulled back, looking into my eyes.

“I’m sorry. I got carried away.” He started moving his hand from my hip. I didn’t want him to stop so I leaned in, pulling his bottom lip between my teeth gently. He moaned instantly, desire flooding his body and rolled me onto my back as he kissed me. His body hovered over mine, suspending himself by his arms. He lowered his hips gently to mine, pressing down slightly. I arched my back, my hips jutting into his as his hand slipped up my shirt.

“Wait.” I muttered into his lips, muffled by their movement against mine. He pulled back, breathing heavily. “This is too much Ni.” I shook my head, closing my eyes. He sighed heavily and hung his head. I felt his weight shift, causing the space next to my body to dip. I covered my face with my hands, afraid to look at him. He was silent, unmoving. I took deep breaths, attempting to calm myself from his touch and kiss. “I’m sorry Niall.”

“Why are you sorry Lex?” He rolled to his side, propping his head up on his hand. He fixed his eyes on me with no avail. I refused to pull my hands from my face. “Lex.” He whispered, trailing his hand to gently wrap his long fingers around my wrist. He gently pulled them from my face but I kept my eyes shut. “Alexis, baby girl can you look at me?” I slowly opened my eyes, looking at him with guilt written over all my features.

“I’m sorry.” I whispered. “This wasn’t fair to you. I don’t want you to think of me as some tease who uses you.”

“I know you’re not Lex.” He gently tucked some loose strands of hair behind my ear. “You need more time than others do and that’s okay. I don’t want to rush things with you.” He sighed. “Alexis, do you know what I see when I look at you?”

“Do I want to know?” I asked sheepishly.

“I see a beautiful princess who has been lied to and hurt all her life. I refuse to further that. Lex, I want to be worthy of the princess in front of me. I want you to be happy and cherished and that’s exactly what I intend to do.”

“Thank you Niall.” I let him pull me into his arms, closing my eyes. Relief filled my muscles and they loosened as he hummed quietly.

“Time! Come out with your clothes on!” Lily opened the door, throwing a hand over her eyes.

“I’m totally dressed.” I protested. Niall laughed and kissed the top of my head before pulling me up with him. I flushed as his hand trailed down my arm. Lily grinned wickedly at us and pulled me forward, linking her arm with mine.

“Tell me everything!” She giggled.

“Nothing happened Lil. We kissed, we stopped, he held me. There’s nothing to tell.”

“You moaned Alexis. Don’t lie to me. You’re my best friend, I know you better than that.” She squeezed my arm in response.

“Well we made out but no clothes were removed and his hand went no higher than my ribs and no lower than my waist.”

“Well you two are no fun.” She rolled her eyes at me. Her voice was no longer a whisper “You had your chance to get down and dirty with Niall and you chose not to?”

“Of course I chose not to.” I blushed, painfully aware that everybody was listening to our conversation.

“You were alone with Niall, who by the way looks like he wants it, and you turned the opportunity down because?” She trailed off pointedly.

“Can we not do this here?” I muttered, biting my lip.

“Alexis. Answer me.”

“I like Niall, a lot. Lily, don’t judge me okay? I don’t move fast and Niall knows that. If he doesn’t want to deal with that he doesn’t have to be with me.” I sank onto the couch, crossing my arms over my chest.

“Lily, she’s feeling defensive, let it go.” Niall sat next to me, pulling me into his chest, his arms wound around my middle, right against my ribs. He held me tightly, kissing my cheek. “It’s okay Lex. I don’t want to go fast or even far, no offense.”

“Thanks Ni.” I smiled, twisting marginally to kiss his cheek. A faint tinge of red worked its way across his cheeks.

“Alright lovebirds, that’s enough.” Liam mock-glared at us.

“Okay.” I spun back around, a devilish grin on my lips. “You’re up then.”

“What?” He asked, raising his water to his lips.

“You and Danielle.” Zayn added. Liam choked, coughing out his gulp of water.

“Classy Li.” I giggled at the shock on his face.

“Guys, seriously.” He stood up, glaring at the group, ignoring Danielle. I saw the hurt written on her face and sighed when Liam stomped out of the room.

“I’ll talk to him.” Louis started.

“No,” I gently unwound Niall’s arms from my waist. “Let me take this one.”

“Alexis, no offense but you’re kind of new here.” Zayn put in softly, as if afraid I would yell at him.

“It’s okay Zayn, I’m not going to be angry with you.” I smiled at him, standing up. “I know I’m not used to the group dynamic, but I think I know what to say.”

“You don’t even know what’s going on.” Louis interjected.

“Guys, can you just listen to me?” I crossed my arms over my chest. “Liam and Danielle dated and broke up.” Danielle ducked her head. “It must have been Danielle’s fault, based on her reaction at least. Liam was heartbroken and you all had to help pick up the pieces while pretending to his face that you didn’t like her. In reality you all love Danielle and root for them to be together. However, none of you want to say that to Liam.” I looked at Louis’s face, his shock and confusion mirroring the looks on everybody else’s faces. “Danielle came here tonight to try to make up with Liam. That’s why you all wanted to play this stupid game.” The disdain was evident in my voice. “None of you have enough balls to tell Liam he should get back with Danielle and he won’t give her the time of day to explain so this was the only solution. You think I don’t understand, but I do. Louis, you would go in and tell Liam that he should do it and if he insisted that he didn’t want to, you wouldn’t make him.” Louis shrugged sheepishly. “Guys, it’s good that I’m new. I can act as though I don’t understand. I also don’t know Liam as well as you guys do so I can push him in ways that none of you can.”

“She’s right guys.” Danielle spoke for the first time. “I don’t know you,” she turned her attention to me. “But I do know that you have a valid point. Liam may listen to you more than the others. He knows how you would react to his behavior. Alexis is a wild card. She may be the best one.”

“If you think so Dani.” Eleanor began. “I guess we’ll have to trust Alexis.”

“Fine.” Louis let out a long sigh, tightening his lips. “Go ahead.”

“Thanks.” I replied. “It’s going to be okay guys. Trust me.” I smiled as I walked toward Liam’s room. “Li?” I knocked gently. “Can I talk to you?”

“Go away.”

“Okay Liam, that wasn’t a request. I’m coming in to talk to you.” I twisted the knob but it was locked.

“You can’t Alexis.”

“Liam, open the door please. I don’t want to make you go in that room, I just think you need a friend right now.”

“Really?” He asked, I could hear him moving to the door.

“I promise Liam, I won’t make you go into the room.” He opened the door, letting me inside. He hung on the door as I walked in. “Li, what’s going on?”

“Lex, it’s complicated.” Liam sank onto his bed. I moved next to him, sitting down as gently as possible. “Dani and I were, um, together.” He looked over at me. “She broke things off. She didn’t want to be with me. She left. And then she shows up here and expects me to welcome her back? That’s unacceptable. I cannot allow her into my heart again. Lex,” He sighed, unable to finish his thought.

“I understand Liam. It’s okay.” I rubbed his back. “Can you tell me why she ended things?”

“She said it was too much to handle. That doesn’t even make sense though, people know her. She’s a popular dancer.”

“Li, sweetie I love you but you sound insensitive. Your fans are unlike most fans. They are very, protective of you and the rest of the guys. They also seem a little delusional about their supposed relationships with you.”

“I don’t understand Lex.”

“Your fans were too much for her to handle. Have you thought that maybe she’s reached a point where she’s actually ready?” He whipped his head to face me. “Liam, I’m not trying to tell you what to do. Danielle is here now. If you still care for her then I’d suggest you hear her out. You don’t have to agree to anything she wants. Do what’s best for you and the guys, but mostly what’s best for you. Danielle seems willing to talk with you again. I stand by you Liam. If you decide not to go in there then don’t go. If you want to talk with her then go. Our friendship won’t change either way.”

“Thank you Alexis.” He gave me a hug and pulled me up off the bed. “Why did you come in here? Usually it’s Louis, maybe Zayn.”

“I pled my case. I figured I could talk to you more as an outsider. I know how close you all are and how much you each were affected by her previous decision. I didn’t know you guys then and I still only barely know you. I’m sorry Liam, I tried to be objective but it’s hard. I don’t want you hurt.”

“You’re amazing Lex.” He kissed the top of my head and walked out with me. “Dani?” He asked softly as he neared her. She looked at him bashfully. “Let’s go.” He walked stiffly into the room, she followed meekly. Her movements were light and graceful. I sat back down next to Niall. Everybody’s eyes were trained on me.

“What?” I asked, holding the grin from my lips.

“What did you say to him?” Zayn asked, speaking for the group.

“I just told him what I observed. Danielle was most likely scared off by his fans and she’s in a different place now where she can deal with the craziness. But I told him I’d stand by him no matter what he decided. I just thought it would be good for him to talk to her but I told him he should decide what was best.”

“That’s it.” Louis grinned at me. “You are now the official problem solver.” The others laughed.

“You think they’re okay in there?” Niall whispered in my ear. “I don’t want to see Liam hurt like that again.”

“They’ll be fine. I actually think they’ll get back together sweetie. You don’t have to worry about them. Dani isn’t the same person that was with him before. Liam is different than the last time too. He won’t just throw himself into a relationship with her. He’ll ease in, like getting into a hot tub.”

“Lex, you’re incredible.” He kissed my cheek, rejoining the conversation with gusto. A few minutes later Danielle and Liam came out of the room. Danielle was blushing, holding his hand. Liam had a grin on his face. I noted him squeezing her hand subtly. A small smile made its way onto my face as they made their way into the rest of the room. “Good work Lex.” Niall murmured upon seeing the two reunited. The rest of the evening was filled with laughter and joy as we all relaxed in each other’s company.
♠ ♠ ♠
Love you guys for waiting and being patient! I wrote a longer chapter so hopefully it was worth it!