Blessed with a Curse

Chapter Four

I was furious. As much as disliked Jayy, Jordan's actions were disgusting. It had nothing to do with the fact that he had kissed him. Honestly, if it had been a consensual kiss then by all means, they could've kept going. It's just that it wasn't consensual and it was clear in Jayy's body language.
I stopped as I got Jayy's bus, glancing over my shoulder. I frowned lightly, wondering if Jordan had tried anything else before I'd shown up. I was actually pretty shocked Jordan had even kissed him, though. I never got that impression. I was pretty sure he had a girlfriend but then again, he could always be bisexual.

Shaking my head, I let out a frustrated groan before heading off toward my bus. I felt my heart pound, knowing it was best for me to steer clear of my keyboardist for the time being. I would probably snap and punch him if I saw his face right now. I would regret it, too. The guy is drunk so in a sense he can't be held accountable for his actions. However, he was setting it up from the moment he bumped into Jayy. He had deliberately stepped into the guy's way which honestly should’ve tipped me off too his intentions. It hadn’t at first though. It was only when I saw Jayy hanging out with group at supper and Jordan’s behaviour.

I hadn't really thought anything of it initially but when I passed my band during dinner, I noticed Jayy was still there. What really stood out, however, was the fact that Jordan had his arm around him. Jordan is never like that with strangers, especially not guys. I've seen him do that with girls he was interested in which is what caught my attention. As much as I wanted to ignore this little detail, I found myself keeping an eye on the two of them from a distance. Jordan never let go of the Jayy, not even once. When the two got up and started walking away from the group, I had had a bad feeling so I had followed them. They were moving away from the buses and bands which I found strange.

When Jayy started fighting against Jordan, I had started to get even more worried. While I didn't like the guy, I automatically got protective of anybody who was being harassed. I had dealt with it often enough in my life. There was no way in hell I would stand around and watch one band mates harass someone, especially not sexually. When Jordan kissed him, though, I lost it. It was obvious Jayy didn’t want it. That was why I had been so aggressive toward Jordan. I won't even bother to explain how pissed off Jordan’s accusation had made me. It had taken all my restraint to not punch him then and there. But, Jayy had to be taken care of which was why I hadn't punched the idiot. Tomorrow, however, he would get a fucking earful. He’ll be lucky if he walks away unscathed, too.

***

I woke up the next day before everyone else on the bus. While I wanted to confront Jordan, I let it go for now. I was hungry and slightly hung over from the drinks I'd had last night anyway. I walked out to the small kitchen area to grab a bottle of water and pain killers. I took two before glancing at the time. It was only 8 o'clock. I was up surprisingly early. I'd probably have a few hours to kill before the others started waking up.

I got some food and walked back to my bunk, slipping on sweats and a sweater. I headed toward the door, grabbing my book before stepping off the bus. I looked around, taking in the blue sky and cool breeze. It was a good day to perform. Hopefully it would be this nice by the time we went on.
I found a spot under a tree and opened my book, reading as I ate. I stayed there for a while, only looking up when someone cleared their throat beside me. Looking up, I found Dahvie smiling down at me politely. I sent him a smile in return and he took it as sign to sit beside me. I eyed him curiously but didn't say anything. Once he was seated, he met my gaze again.

"Jayy told me what you did for him yesterday," he informed, resting his elbows on his knees. "Thanks for helping him."

Swallowing a bite of toast, I shrugged. "It was nothing. I'm not crazy about having a rapist for a keyboardist, anyway."

"I'm sure," Dahvie nodded, glancing toward my bus. "Is he always..."

"Nope," I answered. "I don't know what the fuck was wrong with him. He had a bit too much to drink, I think. I've never seen him make a move on a guy, though."

"Jayy told me it was bet of some sort," he frowned, looking my way. “From what I understood, your band bet that something would happen between the two of them. Jordan and Jayy, I mean. Would that make sense?”

My jaw clenched as I thought about it. “I don’t know. I mean, for some of the other guys it would but Jordan...? Mind you, I didn’t know he was into guys so...it’s possible. I was going to talk to him about it when he woke up.”

“Alright, that would be nice,” Dahvie smiled, seeming very pleased by what I had said.
We fell silent for a moment, unsure of what else to say. Finally, I worked up the nerve to ask him about Jayy. “How...how is he?”

“Who, Jayy? Oh, he’s fine,” he reassured. “He was shook up when he woke up this morning but after talking about it, he calmed down. He’ll be fine. It’s not the first time something like this happens.”

My eyes snapped back up to him, shocked. “What? You mean he’s been assaulted? Are you fucking kiddi-

“No, Oli!” Dahvie cut in. “Not what I meant at all! I mean he has a tendency to be a flirt and his partners sometimes think he wants to take it further. They’ve never...forced him, though. They usually back off when he says no. Jordan didn’t which is why he got shook up.”

“Oh, thank God,” I breathed, relief filling me.

I watched as Dahvie rose to his feet, giving me a warm smile. I pushed myself up as well, figuring the guys should have woken up by now. I had to talk to all of them now, if what Dahvie said about the bet is true.

“I’ll talk to Jordan,” I stated, picking up my book and bowl.

“Thanks again, Oliver,” Dahvie said as he pulled me in for a hug. “I really appreciate you helping him.”

“Really, don’t worry about it. Anyway, I’m going to head back. I’ll see you around, yeah?” I asked, pulling away.

“Probably, see ya later.”

With that we parted ways and I made my way back to the tour bus. Getting on, I found my assumptions were right. The guys were up and about. I found a few crew members walking through the kitchen as well as the rest of my band. The band member I wanted in particular was leaning against the wall, clutching his forehead with a frown on his face. I made my way over, crossing my arms over my chest as I spoke. My anger was already kicking in again.

“So did you enjoy yourself last night, Jordan?”

He groaned. “Not now, Oli. My head’s killing me.”

“I don’t care,” I snapped back. “Take a fucking pill and sit down. You guys, too. He’s not the only one who needs to hear this!”

The rest of the band froze where they stood, eyeing me warily. I shot them each a glare, motioning to the couch. “Sit.”

They did as they were told, eyes glued on me. My focus moved back to Jordan, who was now standing next to the couch.

“What the fuck was that last night?” I started, not bothering to control my voice’s volume. “You fucking forced yourself onto Jayy! Then you had the fucking nerve to accuse me of being homophobic!”

He flinched as I shouted, shrugging sheepishly. “I was drunk.”

“You weren’t drunk when you fucking bumped into him, you asshole!” I retorted. “What the fuck were you doing? You’ve got a fucking girlfriend, don’t you? And you three, why the fuck would you make a bet on something like that?”

I waited for someone to speak up. It took a while but finally Lee caved, looking up in defeat. “It was my idea. For the record, Jordan was already tipsy when he bumped into Jayy. Matt and I were bugging him about his reaction to your behaviour. We were just bugging him, asking if he liked Jayy or something. Innocent teasing moved to Matt saying he wouldn’t be able to get with Jayy. He’s too much of a shy guy, you know? Jordan, being the tipsy retard that he is, took it as a challenge. So it started as a joke and ended up serious because we were drinking.”

I stared at the man, annoyance filling me. “Are you fucking kidding me, Malia? You just said it yourself, you moron! This guy’s an idiot when he’s drunk!”

“Hey, I’m standing right here,” Jordan grumbled, glaring at me. I raised my brow.

“Really Jordan, I hadn’t fucking noticed, eh?” I retorted. “You still didn’t answer my question. Don’t you have a girlfriend?”

“No, I don’t,” he snapped back. “We split up a few weeks ago. Either way, a drunken kiss wouldn’t have fallen under cheating.”

“Yeah, well who knows where else it could have gone,” I countered, “and since when do you like guys?”

“I’ve always liked guys,” he sighed, shrugging. “I’ve just never found one I wanted to date. Jayy is cute, too. Can you really blame me?”

I rolled my eyes at his comment. “Jordan, don’t do it again. Either stay away from him when you’re drunk or learn restraint. If someone says no, they mean no.”

“Why do you even care? Weren’t you complaining about him just the other day?” Jordan sighed, meeting my gaze.

“Jordan, no matter how much I hate someone I’ll still fucking help them,” I hissed back,

Especially if they’re being assaulted.”

“I wasn’t assaulting him!” Jordan denied.

“He was trying to get away from you and you weren’t letting him. You were kissing him even when he told you to stop. That could’ve led to so much other shit that does fall under assault!”

Jordan hesitated, staring at me. I watched as a look of horror came over his features. So he was finally seeing the problem here. “Shit...”

“Fix this,” I said. “If you do this again, though, you will regret it. That much I can fucking promise.”
♠ ♠ ♠
here's the next chapter :) I hope it's good. Comment/subscribe/recommend? Thank you for reading! Sorry if there any mistakes too. May have missed some while editing lol.