Status: Comments much appreciated :) x - Finished.

The Resident Leader

The Son of Rage and Love

I grabbed my waistcoat and pulled it over my shoulders, attaching the silver sheriff badge to my chest. I ruffled my hair once more and checked over my appearance again. I felt strange without much make-up, almost bare. I grabbed my leather jacket and blew myself a kiss in the mirror before skipping out the door. The frosty night air wrapped around me and I zipped my jacket up.

The estate was lonely and empty, eerie silence had fallen over the moonlit streets. It was like walking through a ghost town. A town built to test nuclear weapons, full of plastic families and silent rooms. It felt strange to be living in such a place. I didn't care for the families of the city, I was just a stupid rebel to them anyway. Their kids usually disagreed anyway, that's all I cared about.

I hurried quickly down the alleys I'd dragged Mirrorboy through the previous night. I grinned, wishing he was here now. He was a strange thing, but he was talkative and respectable. I wanted to shoot him and rip his cocky heart out but he could be a laugh. I didn't plan on seeing him tonight though.

I turned onto the main street, joining the hive of activity. Shouts of my name and blasting music filled my ears. I smiled at my closest friends as they strutted towards me. I took a step towards them, but suddenly I was on the ground with someone squashing me. I struggled as the person grabbed my wrists and fought to keep my still. I fucking bet it was Mirrorboy, the evil little twat.

"You're under arrest on suspicion of manslaughter. You do not have to say anything but anything you do say may be given as evidence against you in court." A strong voice said above. Something cold and silver snapped around my wrists and I was dragged to my feet. Screams surrounded me and the piercing screech of a siren blasted right in my ear. Blinded by lights, I was hurled into the back of car by two big police officers.

The car was instantly surrounded by adoring people screaming my name. Shock horror was written across each and every one of their faces. I hung my head in anger, furious with Mirrorboy. This was all his doing. I kicked the back a seat and grunted, biting hard on my lip to stop myself screaming. That little cunt had flipped the blame all on me! That bastard! I'll fucking kill him when I get my hands on him, I swear to God, he doesn't know what's coming for him. The fat officers got in the car and the people moved as the car trundled forward.

.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

"Fucking Hell! I told you bastards, I didn't fucking do it!" I screamed again, slamming my hands down hard on the table. The woman sat the other side didn't flinch and continued to glare at me like she was trying to shoot me with her eyes. She clicked her tongue again and shuffled her papers.

"You were reported to have been seen with another man. Who was he?" She asked lifelessly.

So, Mirrorboy hadn't dropped me in it? I stared in disbelief at her, trying to see some emotion, some reaction. If Mirrorboy hadn't dropped me in it, then I could get out?

"Don't know his name, only know him as Mirrorboy." I replied, slightly calmer. "Know where he lives though. 6A, East 12th Street." The woman hurriedly stood and left the room, shouting down the hall at her colleagues to get an arrest warrant. "So, can I go now?" I asked as she came back in. Two more officers followed and I groaned.

"You're under arrest, we can't prove you're not involved." Her icy voice made me sick. I groaned as the two men pulled me up from the chair and marched me to the cell block.

They checked me in and dumped me alone in a plain white cell. "Hey, that Mirrorboy punk," One officer asked, standing in the doorway. "Does he know a girl named Tay?" he asked.

"I don't know shit about him. He probably thinks he's the son of rage and love. He's mad, a fucking nutcase." I replied shortly, avoiding his crystal blue eyes. He smirked, and stepped back inside the cell, shutting the door.

He was younger and fit, with fluffy blonde hair and glittering eyes. There were holes in his lips from piercings he wasn't allowed to wear. I knew him from somewhere, I think we got into a fight once. "Today on the main street I met a guy called Mirrorboy. Fucking wanker, flirting with my little sister. Black hair, green eyes, sound right to you?" he asked.

I nodded, an idea coming over my mind. We could bring him down, me and this guy. "He's charming, but he's vicious. Murdered a guy in cold blood the other night," I explained. He grinned, and nodded, standing to leave. "Keep him away from your sister, you'll never know what'll happen." I said with a hint. He winked and left me alone in the cold cell.

A few seconds of a silence filled the air, then manic laughter. Mirroboy is fucking dead.
♠ ♠ ♠
Is this too long? Sorry ]: